Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let's Put Our Differences Aside And Cheer For Carr

Seriously, it's for the good of the team's future.

I don't know if you guys have seen the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase. If you haven't, you're missing out because it's a classic. Anyway, the plot to the story is that Chevy and his wife are breaking up and need to sell their house. To help speed up the process they tell everyone in the town that they will pay them $50 to be nice to anyone that comes to see their house. The theory is that the potential buyers will fall in love with the house and their neighbors, etc.

Over these last 4 weeks we need to pull together and stop bashing Carr in print, on the radio and especially in the stadium. Let's make every other NFL franchise believe that we love him and that he is great. Maybe Mr. McNair will discount our season tickets next year as an incentive. It could mean the difference between a 6th round and 3rd round pick.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's Put Our Differences Aside And Cheer For Carr

I think most of us have been cheering for Carr to do well despite what we may think of his ceiling....welcome to being a Texans fan.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #3
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Seriously, it's for the good of the team's future.

I don't know if you guys have seen the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase. If you haven't, you're missing out because it's a classic. Anyway, the plot to the story is that Chevy and his wife are breaking up and need to sell their house. To help speed up the process they tell everyone in the town that they will pay them $50 to be nice to anyone that comes to see their house. The theory is that the potential buyers will fall in love with the house and their neighbors, etc.

Over these last 4 weeks we need to pull together and stop bashing Carr in print, on the radio and especially in the stadium. Let's make every other NFL franchise believe that we love him and that he is great. Maybe Mr. McNair will discount our season tickets next year as an incentive. It could mean the difference between a 6th round and 3rd round pick.

Oh! Now I've seen it all,Wonger wants to be nice to Carr. I think it's a great idea,it will be like Jim Carey in Liar Liar. It will kill Wonger!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

im not gunna be nice to the guy because i dont think this is his last year. theyre gunna shove him down our throats next year too.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #5
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow Wonger, I'm proud of you. I couldn't have said it better. There IS hope still!!! LOL
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody get Satan a jacket .
Old 12-06-2006   #7
19-10
Veteran

Wonger aren't you the one that hijacked me on the platinum parking trade? I don't remember getting any discount from you. I come here to vent, why else does this board exist? Football knowledge? Please. But I do promise to keep it out of the mainstream media

Just messing with you about the parking - sort of.
Old 12-06-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Shouldn't we cheer for the Texans. Carr isn't any bigger or smaller than the team. I liked the return of Mathis as it added another dimension to this team. I could say as so goes AJ so goes the team. We could say that of almost any player. I hope this coaching staff and team can put a good game together against the Titans. I would like to see a well played game where there is a looser, but no one gets embarrassed.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Shouldn't we cheer for the Texans. Carr isn't any bigger or smaller than the team.
Keep watching football, keep learning.... soon you'll see there is no position on the team equal to that of QB.
Old 12-06-2006   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I began this season with a lot of hope for Carr and have been severely disappointed. It's not like we (the 'Carr Sucks' faction) don't cheer for our QB and hope he does well. I spouted the party line when this season began but eventually had enough of that. Just because some of us think Carr sucks doesnt mean we are any less of a fan than one who still thinks Carr is good and blames his problems on all the other players.

Just my 2 cents. Don't count on McNair lowering prices any to the 'loyal' fans. To the contrary, expect ticket prices to escalate to compensate for his revenue streams lowering in other areas (jersey sales, loss and depreciation of corporate sponsorships, season ticket base, increasing number of noshows, etc.) Those factors coupled with a lot of leveraged/borrowed money from purchase of Texans will guarantee prices wont go down at all.
Old 12-06-2006   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Keep watching football, keep learning.... soon you'll see there is no position on the team equal to that of QB.
But Thunderkyss, he is only one guy. It's never Carr's fault. It's always everyone elses fault. Don't you know anything?

Old 12-06-2006   #12
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I began this season with a lot of hope for Carr and have been severely disappointed. It's not like we (the 'Carr Sucks' faction) don't cheer for our QB and hope he does well. I spouted the party line when this season began but eventually had enough of that. Just because some of us think Carr sucks doesnt mean we are any less of a fan than one who still thinks Carr is good and blames his problems on all the other players.

Just my 2 cents. Don't count on McNair lowering prices any to the 'loyal' fans. To the contrary, expect ticket prices to escalate to compensate for his revenue streams lowering in other areas (jersey sales, loss and depreciation of corporate sponsorships, season ticket base, increasing number of noshows, etc.) Those factors coupled with a lot of leveraged/borrowed money from purchase of Texans will guarantee prices wont go down at all.

Yeah - what he said - twice!
Old 12-06-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we cheer extra loud for Carr, McNair will think he's a fan favorite and he should get another year to prove himself.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think most of us have been cheering for Carr to do well despite what we may think of his ceiling....welcome to being a Texans fan.
LOL! So, so true.

I've never booed the dude. I'll criticize (and praise when possible) his play on the forum, but when it's gametime, it's on! I always root for whoever is playing in a Texans uni.
Old 12-06-2006   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-10 View Post
Wonger aren't you the one that hijacked me on the platinum parking trade? I don't remember getting any discount from you. I come here to vent, why else does this board exist? Football knowledge? Please. But I do promise to keep it out of the mainstream media

Just messing with you about the parking - sort of.

What's wrong with the platinum lot? I liked it over there but was tired of hauling all of my stuff to the RV section of the blue lot.
Old 12-06-2006   #16
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

I'll switch my avatar when we get rid of Carr. Until then.... GO VY
Old 12-06-2006   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

I have been clammering for Capers and Carr to be gone since mid-season 2004. It was the only reason that I signed up for this board. If that makes me Satan or less of a fan, so be it. I guarantee that I spend at least as much money and time (probably more than most) as any of you on this team. I cheer as loud as anyone on Sunday when the defense is on the field and try just as hard to quiet the tools making noise when we have the ball on offense.

I hate to say "I told ya so" but I told ya so. Mr. McNair chose to hold onto Capers and Carr for too long and it has severely retarded the growth of this team. I have a lot of admiration for Mr. McNair and this organization but at some point they have to wake up and put winning ahead of politics and pride.
Old 12-06-2006   #18
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
What's wrong with the platinum lot? I liked it over there but was tired of hauling all of my stuff to the RV section of the blue lot.
Nothing it just isn't worth any extra money but that was my choice - no hard feelings. I will say to anyone considering it be sure you roll up in a golf cart or a 3 series at most. Those spots are tight.
Old 12-06-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
I'll switch my avatar when we get rid of Carr. Until then.... GO VY
wow....

Quote:
I have been clammering for Capers and Carr to be gone since mid-season 2004.
The 7-9 season? interesting
Old 12-06-2006   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
wow....

The 7-9 season? interesting

The 7-9 season where they were pathetic in the second half of the season. They regressed tremendously after the Denver game. Remember the comments by Jamie Sharper, Gary Walker, etc. It's a misperception that the wheels fell off because of the Cleveland game, but it all started that day in Denver. And that was the game that Carr really started to regress and hasn't looked back since.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read