Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-11-2004   #1
FOOTBALL1999
Rookie

Exclamation who will be the texans #1 and 2 reciever this year

prob who will be # 2 is the harder question
FOOTBALL1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Yea. #1 is a lock with AJ. I like fast guys in the slot, and Bradford is faster than Gaff. So I would put Gaff #2, but you could switch 'em out and be ok.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is clearly a lock at #1. Unless someone really steps up in training camp, IMO the Texans will probably do as they did last year and use both Bradford and Gaffney as the 2nd WR at times depending on the situation.
Old 05-11-2004   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ditto, Infantry.

-Ben Franklin

Last edited by 281; 05-11-2004 at 06:26 PM.
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #5
Dilbert R.
Rookie

By position, Andre (of course), and Bradford. But statistically if we keep the same philosophy, it will be Andre and Davis at RB. DD got plenty balls thrown to him last year, besides his carries.
Dilbert R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #6
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbert R.
By position, Andre (of course), and Bradford. But statistically if we keep the same philosophy, it will be Andre and Davis at RB. DD got plenty balls thrown to him last year, besides his carries.
And how many carries did Andre get at RB?...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #7
Dilbert R.
Rookie

Good question. I can't remember any reverses. I'd have to look it up and see "if any" - but I can't right now. Don't get me wrong - I am all for DD getting the ball, as much as possible.
Dilbert R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2004   #8
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I think Johnson had two carries for -10. If DD is our second leading receiver then we are going to have another high draft pick next year.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

i think/hope Gaffney will step it up in camp and take over the #2 spot.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #10
Dreadpiratebonzz
Rookie

I think that keeping Gaff at #3 for now is the best bet. Bradford has the speed and the ability to be a great #2. But how many nicklebacks out there can keep up with, and actually keep Gaff from getting the ball. Once Gaff has it, he is going to be gone. With everybody watching AJ and Corey, Gaff will be left in the perfect position.
Old 05-11-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

AJ and Gaff, I see AJ putting up a 1200 yards and Gaff getting around 800.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #12
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
I think Johnson had two carries for -10. If DD is our second leading receiver then we are going to have another high draft pick next year.
Don't forget that Johnson gave up a lot of yards to take the safety on the last play of the Bills game. He took one for the team.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
Don't forget that Johnson gave up a lot of yards to take the safety on the last play of the Bills game. He took one for the team.
He lost 34 yards on that play

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=6339

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
AJ had a couple of carries for positive yards and then had that run out of the back of the end-zone safety for minus 34 to end up at -10.

Oops--answered the 1st page without looking at the second page.
Old 05-11-2004   #15
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

AJ then Gaff or Bradford on situation
Old 05-12-2004   #16
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

We currently have a couple of WR's from NFLE coming to camp I think. We also have the rookie WR's and a FA. I would say AJ, Gaf, Bradford, and then whoever impresses the most during camp.
from the roster:

No-------Name-------Height Weight Birthdate Exp
87 Armstrong, Derick--6-2 ---196 1979-04-02 2
85 Bradford, Corey ----6-1 ---197 1975-12-08 7
9 Charles, Terry -------6-3 ---207 1979-07-18 2
16 Dugans, Ron -------6-2 ---206 1977-04-27 4
86 Gaffney, Jabar -----6-1 ---193 1980-12-01 3
17 Johnson, Albert ----5-9 ---190 1977-11-11 1
80 Johnson, Andre ----6-2 ---221 1981-07-11 2
14 Lewis, Jermaine ----6-4 ---209 1979-11-01 1
84 Moses, J.J. ---------5-6 ----178 1979-09-12 2
17 Starling, Kendrick --6-0 ---193 1979-12-27 R
18 Taylor, Chris -------5-10 ---183 1979-04-25 1
19 Thomas, Sloan ------6-1 ---203 1981-12-22 R

Jermaine Lewis is not having a bad time in NFLE. That is 12 recievers. How many will the Texans be able to keep? Quite a few over 6' 0" I wonder is JJ is gone after this camp? This training camp should be most interesting.

Last edited by rittenhouserobz; 05-12-2004 at 04:22 AM.
rittenhouserobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #17
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I think this is going to be one of the more interesting positions to watch when camp starts. I think Gaff and Bradford are going to be pushed by some of the new young draftees. Don't be surprised if one of them is dropped by the team. Shocking thought isn't it. But it just might happen.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

ZERO chance of that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Johnson #2
I will say the running back or tight end for #2
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
ZERO chance of that.
I agree. The only WR position that will be fought for is 4th position WR.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read