Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Us vs. Vince: What happens?
Demeco smacks him down 19 21.35%
Mario smacks him down 23 25.84%
Someone other than Mario or Demeco smacks him down 1 1.12%
Nothing special happens one way or the other 13 14.61%
Vince makes our defense look like fools all game long 33 37.08%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Us vs. Vince: What will happen?

OK, I personally think that Vince is going to get hurt against us.

I think it will be by either Demco or Mario...but I am leaning toward Demeco because I think Mario over-pursues too much.

I think Demeco is going to lay the smack down on him and cause him to exit...for at least one play.

Vote for what you think is most likely to happen, then describe why you feel the way you do. And, as always, "write-in" poll answers aree always welcome for those who enjoy humor and wit.
Old 12-06-2006   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Us vs. Vince: What will happen?

our D has been playin very good for the past couple weeks, i think that mario hits him acouple times, Coach Smith should put mario in the flats some plays and scare vince from runnin to that side, but of course i think vince still will, and he will get smacked

but best of luck to VY (only not when hes playin against us)
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #3
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

We definately need to stop Vince from running. Thats going to come down to the Dline maintaning their rushing lanes and Meco doing a good job of spying. Last time we played, he only had 80 passing yards, but 40 rushing with a TD. I think we will have to hold off on the blitzing and make VY beat us with his arm only.
Old 12-06-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ten bucks says D-ROY gets a piece of Vince twice.... sack and INT.
Old 12-06-2006   #5
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking both Young and Collins get hurt with some fracturing or breaking and so they just snap the ball directly to Lindale White the rest of the game and then they activate Mauck and he becomes a stud winning out the rest of the year. Next year Vince is Numbro dos to Mauck all year and we end up trading Young for Carr plus a pick for the '08 season. Young starts for us and get 4500+ passing yards 1700 rushing yards and takes us to the Super Bowl winning it three consecutive years. Meanwhile this next draft we take AP and for the next five seasons he rushes 2200 yards along the sides of God. The 4500 passing yards are split between AJ, OD and CJ (somehow we end up with Calvin).
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I am going way out on a limb but I think it will be the "other guys" that stop Vince and the game. I think Mario will flush VY into arms of Kalu, Weaver and Greenwood. I see Ryans and the occasionl CB or safety blitz also forcing VY to making snap passes that will be defended. I don't think many QB sacks on him but some tackles as he runs. Unfortunately, I do not see us scoring more than one offensive TD. Field goals and maybe defensive points. I'm going with 9-7 Texans.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Vince didn't have a great game against us last time. He had one or two good plays, but we shot ourselves in the foot.

I think this game will be more about the same, it's not going to be about Vince, it's going to be about running the football, and staying on the field.

We're not going to let Travis Henry or Lendale White, or Chris Brown get off, and we're not going to focus too much on Vince(he's still a rookie QB)....

We're going to win this game by playing football, not trying to make a statement.
Old 12-06-2006   #8
Titans309Fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Titans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden coverTitans309Fan could be on the next Madden cover

I will be surprised if anyone sacks him. The Titans o-line has done a great job of protecting him most of the season, not to mention his mobility. He does have a tendency to throw interceptions, so that wouldn't shock me. Luckily, most of them have been on the opponents side of the field.

Vince will rush for 50+ yards and pass for about 150. He has improved quite a bit since the last time these teams played each other. There won't be a more confident player on the football field Sunday.

The bigger question is whether Carr can do anything against the Titans defense. He was very ineffective the last time we played, and he hasn't looked too good lately. The Titans haven't sacked hardly anyone but Carr, and I expect to see 3 or 4 this week. The Titans defense may be ranked at the bottom, but that is a very deceiving stat, as the Colts found out last week.
Titans309Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #9
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I think Vince loves to run and will accidentally run toward Mario and get punked like King Koopa.
LOL
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #10
Bongo59
Veteran

the biggest issue is how many sacks will KVB have consider how winston played against Burgess.................Carr will need a body bag
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #11
AMMOTITAN
Rookie

First off, why would you think someone is going to get hurt...what is WRONG with you. Second.....you guys are so blinded by your love for the Texans that your not posting sense. Good luck
AMMOTITAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What I hope happens and what I think will happen are two different things.

VY is a big game QB, and he told his team today that this is a big game to him. Not only will he probably rise to the challenge, but I'm betting that he inspires his team to play good for him, too.

Of course I hope he has a sorry game with 5+ sacks and at least 3 turnovers (and a loss, obviously). I'll do my part as a Texans fan in the stands, and can only hope that our team is up for the game.
Old 12-06-2006   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok let me just put on my Miss Cleo hat...Ok I forsee a tight game right down to the 4th quarter....Ahh I see a play late in the 4th quarter...Mario get's to VY from the top and DeMeco get's VY's legs.....As VY is falling to the ground, he manages to get the pass off because he's so strong.....Right into the hands of Dunta Robinson who runs it in for the touchdown....Game over. Texans win. Whew..that took a lot out of me.
Old 12-06-2006   #14
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

VY makes our d look foolish. Dont worry, its not the first nor the last time. He does that to everyone.
Old 12-06-2006   #15
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

I can tell u for a fact that VY will be pumped. I expect to see 35/45 percent of the crowd rooting for VY and the Titans...and yes, even some Texans fans for that matter (hint hint)
Old 12-07-2006   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think that the game will be won or lost within the first Titans offensive possession.

If Vince marches down the field and handles his business, his confidence will boost and we'll be playing catch up all day long. Similarly, our defense will always have that "We can't get to Vince" mentality that will cause them to panic and make mistakes...therevy helping Vince.

However, if WE shut him down and force him to make some mistakes on their first possession...I think the momentum swings our way with Vince being a rookie. From what I have seen, Vince does best when his confidence is boosted...but if he gets off track, I've seen him continue to implode as he tries increasingly to take the team onto his shoulders.

It's the "bad decision vs. good decision" statistic that is recently being tracked whereby you can rate QBs based on their decision-making quality. I don;t know where Vince's fits into the scale of this tracking system...but I hope we get in his head and throw him off from the beginning of the game. If we can do THAT, then I think we have a chance.

But if we sit back and play "chase" all day, he's going to eat our lunch.

This will show us where Smith stands as a D coordinator...can he really adjust a gameplan around a team's QB and help his defense?

Like I said, we'll know within the first possession what kind of a day it's going to be. I'm fairly confident about that.
Old 12-07-2006   #17
White Runningback
Veteran

I think VY will go Rose Bowl on the Texans.

I predict he will start the game by throwing a 15 yard out on a frozen rope...TO HIMSELF for a 17 yrd. pick up.
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #18
wolfscar
Veteran

O ye of little faith. I don't see this living up to either of the storybook endings - I don't see us humiliating Vince and I certainly don't Vince cremating us.

I think our defense will stifle their offense and the game will be won or lost on two things: how well our appalling offensive line can stand up to their pitiful pass rush (the last meeting doesn't bode too well for that, unfortunately). And how effective we can be at picking off one of the ill-advised passes into multiple coverage that Vince seems to enjoy throwing so much. Don't get me wrong, he's a good QB, but he's a bit TOO eager to make the big play at times and he's paid for it on several occasions this year. If we can get up in his face (and I voted to DeMeco to lay the smack down on him, BTW) and get him to throw up a gift or two then we'll be in pretty good shape.

...as long as Carr remembers to wipe the butter off his hands before the game, naturally.
Old 12-07-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
I expect to see 35/45 percent of the crowd rooting for VY and the Titans...and yes, even some Texans fans for that matter (hint hint)
Then they are not Texans fans by the very definition of "fan".

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfscar View Post
O ye of little faith. I don't see this living up to either of the storybook endings - I don't see us humiliating Vince and I certainly don't Vince cremating us.

I think our defense will stifle their offense and the game will be won or lost on two things: how well our appalling offensive line can stand up to their pitiful pass rush (the last meeting doesn't bode too well for that, unfortunately). And how effective we can be at picking off one of the ill-advised passes into multiple coverage that Vince seems to enjoy throwing so much. Don't get me wrong, he's a good QB, but he's a bit TOO eager to make the big play at times and he's paid for it on several occasions this year. If we can get up in his face (and I voted to DeMeco to lay the smack down on him, BTW) and get him to throw up a gift or two then we'll be in pretty good shape.

...as long as Carr remembers to wipe the butter off his hands before the game, naturally.
Good post. I think KT said it best when he mentioned that this game will probably come down to which QB (and team) can avoid turnovers.
Old 12-07-2006   #20
Bongo59
Veteran

VY just won the rookie of the week for the second time in two weeks at NFL.com......................I feel a hat trick coming.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read