Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2006   #1
moses77550
Rookie

Default I just saw this on foxsports.com

Texans QB David Carr has a month to prove something, and it must be something big. If he fails, Gary Kubiak will have to consider the David Carr Experiment one that blew up in his face. But while Kubiak won't be able to do it all over again, he does have Plummer's phone number in Denver. He knows how badly Kansas City Chiefs backup Damon Huard wants to start again. And Kubiak's office isn't far from where Houston Cougars star Kevin Kolb became a hometown hero in his own right.

Posted December 06, by Ben Maller
Digg this | Add to del.icio.us
Discuss in the Forums | Link
moses77550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I just saw this on foxsports.com

That was taken from John Lopez's article... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4382253.html
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Kubiak on Monday called this week's game and this point in Carr's career "an opportunity." Privately, he has told Carr that this is where the teaching and coaching end. This is where it's up to Carr. Put the team on your shoulders. Don't be good; be great. Don't create more doubt; leave no doubt that the bad games and bad vibes Carr has created in Houston are a thing of the past.
How the heck did Lopez get in on a private conversation?

But ooooh - Huard and/or Kolb. That sounds pretty interesting.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #4
ib4texans
Veteran

I think Wonger wrote that article under a false identity.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #5
texaslifter
Veteran

Oh how I wish this is true.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
i would take those two in a heartbeat, but everyone forgets we also have Van Pelt as well. I say no to Plummer because he is 32!

That might make a difference if you were planning on keeping Plummer for 8-10 years but do you also say no to Plummer as a stop-gap solution while a young QB is groomed for the part?
Old 12-06-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
That was taken from John Lopez's article... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/4382253.html
I think it is a fair article. I would love it if Carr woke up for the last quarter of the season from his 4.75 year sleep.
Old 12-06-2006   #8
MasterBasser
Rookie

I saw we try hard and get Matt Schaub from Atlanta.
MasterBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #9
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
I say no to Plummer because he is 32!
...and hes jake plummer
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBasser View Post
I saw we try hard and get Matt Schaub from Atlanta.
No thanks.

I would like to have a 1st & 3rd round draft pick.

And I dont want to lose any young talented guys in a trade.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #11
Mycco
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mycco

I say, bring Plummer in. That way there is a legit COMPETITION for the starting QB spot. Think about it. Did anyone actually believe that Sage Rosenfels was going to have a chance to win the starting job? Carr has never had to look over his shoulder since he's been here. He's never had to fight for his starting job EVER. I say bring in someone who is capable of challenging him and let's see what he is made of. True leaders will always rise to the challenge. It's usless to waste a #1 pick on a QB in this draft, VY was the only other QB worth that high of consideration. So, why not light a fire under Carr's butt and at least if he fails to respond to the challenge, then we are at least getting a capable offensive manager, (who can scramble and make plays on the run when our pitiful O-line is only throwing "LOOK OUT" blocks to protect him.)

Also....as much as I'd like to bash the guy like everyone else...here is one fact everyone keeps overlooking. DOMINIC DAVIS' INJURY. If we had a threat on the ground (which we don't), maybe things would be a little different, but since we don't, we are a 1 demensional offense. POINT BLANK.
Mycco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Straight up man. If Dom Davis was not injured, we would be rolling. We need Michael Bush or Cedric Benson *******. I would trade in a second round pick for Cedric Benson.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #13
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I think it is a fair article. I would love it if Carr woke up for the last quarter of the season from his 4.75 year sleep.
Maybe this will hit home to him with his head on a platter...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses77550 View Post
Texans QB David Carr has a month to prove something, and it must be something big. If he fails, Gary Kubiak will have to consider the David Carr Experiment one that blew up in his face. But while Kubiak won't be able to do it all over again, he does have Plummer's phone number in Denver. He knows how badly Kansas City Chiefs backup Damon Huard wants to start again. And Kubiak's office isn't far from where Houston Cougars star Kevin Kolb became a hometown hero in his own right.

Posted December 06, by Ben Maller
Digg this | Add to del.icio.us
Discuss in the Forums | Link
If we got Damon Huard I don't know what I'd do put I'd be pumped He was amazing when in for Kansas City.
Old 12-06-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i would take those two in a heartbeat, but everyone forgets we also have Van Pelt as well. I say no to Plummer because he is 32!
Huard is 33...
Old 12-06-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Straight up man. If Dom Davis was not injured, we would be rolling. We need Michael Bush or Cedric Benson *******. I would trade in a second round pick for Cedric Benson.
I know there have been rumors about Cedric Benson but I don't think Chicago will get rid of him. Now if we got Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson or someone along those lines...
Old 12-06-2006   #17
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
How the heck did Lopez get in on a private conversation?

But ooooh - Huard and/or Kolb. That sounds pretty interesting.
Exactly what I was thinking regarding Lopez. He either made it up from reading tea leaves or someone leaked it to him which seems unlikely given the lack of benefit from doing so and the lack of professionalism that it would require.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #18
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycco View Post
Did anyone actually believe that Sage Rosenfels was going to have a chance to win the starting job?
No, but once I saw him play, I knew he was better then Carr. I only wish he was healthy enough to play a few complete game this year and, maybe, answer some questions about him before next year.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #19
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Please let Carr be gone. Please!!!!

We will all chip in to buy out his contract.
Old 12-06-2006   #20
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

I put a 100 down.:brickwall

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read