Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-06-2006   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Simms Talk

whats up with this talk of chris simms possibly being picked up next year? some dude named solomon on the chron made mention of it. makes me think his opinion is worth less than crud. http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon...on_carr_1.html. ive heard the simms talk on a couple of posts too.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: Chris Simms Talk

I don't want him. I'd rather start over with a rookie.
Old 12-06-2006   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe i didnt mention it but. chris simms is WORSE than Carr.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #5
joshri
Rookie

I think he reupped w/ the Bucs for 2 more years last week. Either offered or happened.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage, Simms, and a rookie. Good plan. They'll back up Quinton Porter wonderfully.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #7
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
whats up with this talk of chris simms possibly being picked up next year? some dude named solomon on the chron made mention of it. makes me think his opinion is worth less than crud. http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon...on_carr_1.html. ive heard the simms talk on a couple of posts too.
Yeah! Let's graduate from Barney the Dinosaur to the Teletubbies!
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2006   #8
kingh99

How bout we settle on a chisel chinned guy with an attitude in the huddle. How bout a nasty ole dude that guys can look up to? No more milkshake breath please.
Old 12-06-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224716 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshri View Post
I think he reupped w/ the Bucs for 2 more years last week. Either offered or happened.
It was offered but he has not accepted and the scuttlebutt was he would try the free agent market.
Old 12-06-2006   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks, had my fill of him playing with the Longhorns.
Old 12-06-2006   #11
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
No thanks, had my fill of him playing with the Longhorns.
Exactly. If he couldn't beat OU with all he was given at Texas, how is going to win the big one in the NFL?
Old 12-06-2006   #12
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It was offered but he has not accepted and the scuttlebutt was he would try the free agent market.

Why?
He's lucky to have gotten that offer.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224716 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post

Why?
He's lucky to have gotten that offer.
They didn't report any reasons other than he wanted to test the free agent market. It may be the offer was lower than the one he turned down prior to the season. He may also want to just see who is interested. Tampa has some issues--the D the team has been built on is aging. McFarland is gone and now folks are saying Rice is gone this off-season. Next season Brooks will be going into his 13th season and Quarles into his 11th.
Old 12-06-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Simms and Carr should play beach volleyball with as many balls as they get spiked down at the line .
Old 12-06-2006   #15
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

No to Simms....whats up with us and our interest in losers?
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
How bout we settle on a chisel chinned guy with an attitude in the huddle. How bout a nasty ole dude that guys can look up to? No more milkshake breath please.

I once posted that the best thing that could happen to David Carr would be for Kenny Stabler to take him under his wing for a few weekends and make a man of him. Believe it or not I got negative rep from that post. Somebody was offended that I would suggest our starting QB would behave in that manner.

When people can't imagine their teams QB raising hell all night then it makes me think of Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man. Anyone remember the scene where he is explaining the situation to all the other convicts who woke up in the future: "I'm sorry to say that the world has become a *****-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies."
Old 12-06-2006   #17
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I once posted that the best thing that could happen to David Carr would be for Kenny Stabler to take him under his wing for a few weekends and make a man of him. Believe it or not I got negative rep from that post. Somebody was offended that I would suggest our starting QB would behave in that manner.

When people can't imagine their teams QB raising hell all night then it makes me think of Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man. Anyone remember the scene where he is explaining the situation to all the other convicts who woke up in the future: "I'm sorry to say that the world has become a *****-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies."
Don't feel bad. I got negative rep for that post too . True, truer and truest. All above.
Old 12-07-2006   #18
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

If we got Simms sombody would have some spleening to do!
Lucy, you got some spleening to do!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post
Exactly. If he couldn't beat OU with all he was given at Texas, how is going to win the big one in the NFL?
because that's a perfectly logical reason.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read