Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2006   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Casserly

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

Dead Money
Coleman, Marcus $2,533,134
Walker, Gary $1,833,333
Wade, Todd $1,666,667
Smith, Robaire $1,391,667
Cowart, Sam $750,000
Deloach, Jerry $562,000
Banks, Tony $400,000
Norris, Moran $400,000
Morency, Vernand $378,000
Hollings, Tony $233,250
Ioane, Junior $200,000
Washington, Todd $167,667
Est. sum of all players with less than $100,000 $889,400

Probable dead money added for next year could be -

Steve Mckinney
Wiegert
Morlon Greenwood
Seth Payne
Dominic Davis
Mark Bruener
Kailee Wong
David Carr
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Casserly

You need to look closer at Walker, Wade, and Smith to get the full effect.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #3
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

so what does this mean??? 15-20 million dollars in dead salary money does not appear to be that bad (hell, the astros had to pay that last year for one player - baggy)... but i am alittle uneducated on the whole "salary cap" situation in the nfl... can a team go over the cap??? if so, why would it matter if we have all that dead money?? ncnair is one of the richest owners in the league, and he is a top 5 revenue maker... i think if someone came around in FA that kubes really wanted, ncnair would fork out the $$$ and get it done. he wants to win, and he knows what he has to do...
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Every team in the league has the "dead money" situation as well, so Houston isn't the only team with that problem..That's just part of the game.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Every team in the league has the "dead money" situation as well, so Houston isn't the only team with that problem..That's just part of the game.

No team gave three free agents (Walker, Wade, Smith) $32 million in signing bonus only to cut them all two years later.

No team gave up a pair of Day 1 draft choices for a washed up corner.

No team gave up a second round pick in the supplemental for a RB who was out of the league 3 years later.

No team traded half their draft to a division rival to move up a few spots to take a tweener DE/LB who doesn't even start if everyone is healthy.

Somebody stop me...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
No
Somebody stop me...
No. Keep going, please.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

IMO, Kubiak shouldn't have cut Robaire Smith or Moran Norris or traded Morency - so at least that much money is on him.
Old 12-06-2006   #8
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
IMO, Kubiak shouldn't have cut Robaire Smith or Moran Norris or traded Morency - so at least that much money is on him.
Not really, because neither Kubiak or Smith worked the contract. We are probably getting just as good of production from Dalton as we would from Robaire.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
I agree, except Smith was getting paid too much. We just should've kept him another year anyway.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Boselli just come off that list. I think he was Dead Money for 4 years...
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You forgot the deal for P-Burnt.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly!

Old 12-06-2006   #12
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Didn't Boselli just come off that list. I think he was Dead Money for 4 years...
No he didn't PBurnt is the washed up corner he is refering to.
Old 12-06-2006   #13
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
No team gave three free agents (Walker, Wade, Smith) $32 million in signing bonus only to cut them all two years later.

No team gave up a second round pick in the supplemental for a RB who was out of the league 3 years later.

No team traded half their draft to a division rival to move up a few spots to take a tweener DE/LB who doesn't even start if everyone is healthy.

Somebody stop me...
Quote:
You forgot the P-Burnt deal

Old 12-06-2006   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Not really, because neither Kubiak or Smith worked the contract. We are probably getting just as good of production from Dalton as we would from Robaire.
It's funny you say that. I was thinking our Dline has looked it's best so far this season. They're stopping the run decently as well as putting together a decent pass rush. I wouldn't say it doesn't need improvement, but it's been kind of fun watching the D play at times. Dalton is the kind of DTs I like. He's a big run stopping DT. Actually, he put together a nice pass rush at times too.
Old 12-06-2006   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
I actually caught that and tried to edit it before it posted - my bad.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It's funny you say that. I was thinking our Dline has looked it's best so far this season. They're stopping the run decently as well as putting together a decent pass rush. I wouldn't say it doesn't need improvement, but it's been kind of fun watching the D play at times. Dalton is the kind of DTs I like. He's a big run stopping DT. Actually, he put together a nice pass rush at times too.
I have noticed that, so maybe I was wrong about not wanting to let Smith go this year. It just seemed so careless at the time to cut our best DT, even if he was getting paid too much.

Old 12-06-2006   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I have noticed that, so maybe I was wrong about not wanting to let Smith go this year. It just seemed so careless at the time to cut our best DT, even if he was getting paid too much.
There's always going to be second guessing on what personnel moves are made. I'm not in camp or at practices like some of our other MB members are, so I tend to stay away from any discussion over a release. I might raise an eyebrow over it, but that's about it.
Old 12-06-2006   #18
kingh99

Quote:

Somebody stop me...
The prior regime was clueless. The former QB coach is doing children television as bippy the clown.
Old 12-06-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
The prior regime was clueless. The former QB coach is doing children television as bibby the clown.
I don't think we even had a QB coach. Am I mistaken?
Old 12-06-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't think we even had a QB coach. Am I mistaken?
Technically, we did, but he was not a real QB coach. They just picked somebody on the coaching staff and let him do it. Don't remember who or exactly what his normal position was.

Somebody will remember.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read