Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2006   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Texans will beat Titans.

I'd prefer that David stunk up the joint just to be certain that last nail goes in his coffin around here, but I don't think it's going to happen. The Titans a flying too high, Vince has been too good for a couple of weeks. Time for a fallback. He'll toss a bunch of interceptions and not be able to get loose and pick up those half dozen extra first downs. And we'll win going away. Carr will live to play another day, another three weeks at least. Kubiac will pick up another potential starting QB in the offseason and Carr will have to work for his spot next year. My money says he'll win the position and then disappoint again, like this year. Then he'll be replaced. Way too late.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP
Default Re: Texans will beat Titans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
I'd prefer that David stunk up the joint just to be certain that last nail goes in his coffin around here, but I don't think it's going to happen. The Titans a flying too high, Vince has been too good for a couple of weeks. Time for a fallback. He'll toss a bunch of interceptions and not be able to get loose and pick up those half dozen extra first downs. And we'll win going away. Carr will live to play another day, another three weeks at least. Kubiac will pick up another potential starting QB in the offseason and Carr will have to work for his spot next year. My money says he'll win the position and then disappoint again, like this year. Then he'll be replaced. Way too late.
Well kubiak kinda had to give Carr a chance under new leadership in order to get the head coach job. but he will insure their is ample evidence that Carr is not the guy. then there is the issue of the contract extention. from a business standpoint Carr will remain a Texan for one more year regardless. I look to see Carr only starting half way thru the season next year unless something magical happens and Carr shows he is the guy without the support of the fans and the front office. he will have to make plays on his own, win games on his own. I'm not even sure he has that lattitude as far as calling plays at the line or audibles. I wish him the best.
Old 12-06-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
Well kubiak kinda had to give Carr a chance under new leadership in order to get the head coach job. but he will insure their is ample evidence that Carr is not the guy. then there is the issue of the contract extention. from a business standpoint Carr will remain a Texan for one more year regardless. I look to see Carr only starting half way thru the season next year unless something magical happens and Carr shows he is the guy without the support of the fans and the front office. he will have to make plays on his own, win games on his own. I'm not even sure he has that lattitude as far as calling plays at the line or audibles. I wish him the best.
Are we gonna replace him with Jesus Christ or his Father? It takes 11.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're a true fan.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #5
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

"I'd prefer that David stunk up the joint just to be certain that last nail goes in his coffin around here, but I don't think it's going to happen."

you suck man, who actually roots for their QB to "stink up" HIS OWN STADIUM??? carr is going to be our qb for the next few years, GET OVER IT!! granted, he hasnt been great at all this season, but with a horrible running game and bad pass protection, its hard for me to imagine anybody excelling with the texans... crap dude, i guess i dont understand how somebody who is obviously a fan (im making that assumption because you post on the team's offical website) can root for the most important piece of your team to fail... oh well, you should probably root for some other team,.. its alot easier that way.. buh-bye
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I certainly do not want Roger Carr behind center. But then again we could probably pay him league minimum to hand the ball off and throw dump offs since Casserly and Ferens are gone.
Old 12-06-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yes, apparently it takes David Carr and 10 Pro Bowlers. But that's not very realistic, is it?
Old 12-06-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

From today's Chronicle...........

Quote:
"When we go elsewhere, we have fans there," McNair said. "That's just part of the atmosphere. I say everybody should have fun with it. Hopefully our Texans fans are going to be fired up, and they'll create a home-field advantage for us. That's what we're hoping for."
If we don't force 1 false start against the Titans, we should realize we are to blame if we lose.
Old 12-06-2006   #9
kingh99

Quote:
I agree with your take of how this will play out for this game and Carr's career here. McNair will ride him until he's gotten his money out of him. And we will ride him until he's gone. Great way to run a business.
Old 12-06-2006   #10
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
"I'd prefer that David stunk up the joint just to be certain that last nail goes in his coffin around here, but I don't think it's going to happen."

you suck man, who actually roots for their QB to "stink up" HIS OWN STADIUM??? carr is going to be our qb for the next few years, GET OVER IT!! granted, he hasnt been great at all this season, but with a horrible running game and bad pass protection, its hard for me to imagine anybody excelling with the texans... crap dude, i guess i dont understand how somebody who is obviously a fan (im making that assumption because you post on the team's offical website) can root for the most important piece of your team to fail... oh well, you should probably root for some other team,.. its alot easier that way.. buh-bye
He doesn't suck. He cares. People who suck continue to eat this plate of warmed over stuff.
Old 12-06-2006   #11
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't count David out on this one. He has a way of pulling it out when necessary and things are on the line, matter of fact, the whole team does. And if it was EVER necessary, it is Sunday.

Just when you think he is through, he comes back. Tennessee to Giants and then Jacksonsville would be an example.

It will either be real good or real bad. I am betting on the "good" but it makes me really nervous.

By the way, why do the gamblers (whatever you call the guys that make the predictions) have us winning? Have they gone mad? LOL
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
From today's Chronicle...........

If we don't force 1 false start against the Titans, we should realize we are to blame if we lose.
I agree with that sentiment. Those of us that will be there as Texans fans first, need to take that charge and execute with the noise makers God, Evolution or nothingness gave us.
Old 12-06-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i have a feeling we'll lose.
Old 12-06-2006   #14
vinceyoungfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 vinceyoungfan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
i have a feeling we'll lose.
yeah you're probably right
vinceyoungfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

This may be the most confident I have felt in predicting a win. We win this game 27-14. VY will have problems holding onto the ball and we will win the turnover game. I see the defense coming early and often and look forward to many 1x1 matchups with VY and the NFL's leading solo tackler, Demeco, in open space.
Old 12-06-2006   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
This may be the most confident I have felt in predicting a win. We win this game 27-14. VY will have problems holding onto the ball and we will win the turnover game. I see the defense coming early and often and look forward to many 1x1 matchups with VY and the NFL's leading solo tackler, Demeco, in open space.
I like the way you roll Kaiser!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
He has a way of pulling it out when necessary and things are on the line, matter of fact, the whole team does. And if it was EVER necessary, it is Sunday.
We were 2-14 last year and are an ugly 4-8 this year. Please define "when necessary" and "things on the line" for me. I don't think this team responds well at all on a consistent basis. They times they step up are few and far between.
Old 12-06-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
i wish i could be so optimistic. VY has been impressive of late, our d-line hasn't been getting enough pressure on the qb (IMO) to effect VY's game. On the days that our Dline gets enough pressure, they stop the run like my boxers stop a fart.

We all know how carr's been playing lately, so i don't need to talk about that.
Old 12-06-2006   #19
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I'd like to see David pass for about 350 and two TD's...maybe run another in and have Houston dominate the game while Mario and DeMeco plant Radio into the turf.

I'd also like to see Pacman break a toe.
I would be happy with 200 yards 2 TDs no fumbles and no INT's,I also think Mathis breaks one this week( run for TD, not toe). And I think our D is going to be stout. If I had to guess I would say it will be close but we squeak out a 27-21 win.
Old 12-06-2006   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
I would be happy with 200 yards 2 TDs no fumbles and no INT's,I also think Mathis breaks one this week( run for TD, not toe). And I think our D is going to be stout. If I had to guess I would say it will be close but we squeak out a 27-21 win.
Do you think our Defense will score that many points? Our offense hasn't shown any reason for us to think they'd score that much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read