Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chronicle Poll

Heres a poll in the Chronicle...interesting results.

Middle of this page: http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 12-06-2006 at 12:22 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #2
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chonicle Poll

What poll?
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks View Post
What poll?
Follow the link and then go down near the end of the page. It's kinda buried in with all the other stuff.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #4
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

...75% want Carr off the field...what will the 's say--a conspiracy?...maybe the same person(s) voting over and over---yea, that's it!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #5
Nighthawk
All Pro

75% want him off the field and at least 60% want him gone asap. maybe we've finally had a belly full. don't get me wrong, i hope david gets a chance (elsewhere) to catch on, at least as a backup. i don't harbor any hard feelings except that he's slowed the development of the Texans for 5 years.

other than that he's a prince among men.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

David should get two years with Kubiak, lets be fair to both. this has gotten so much attention its unbelievable, people just love Carr wrecks, you know the type where its off the shoulder and people are straining their necks to check out the damage in passing

I'm still behind David I want to see him do well, more importantly I want to see the Texans make progress and they have but its not going to all come together over night. How are people going to react this Sunday when Mario sacks Young? then DeMeco for good measure? that something is positive & improving in year one of the Kubiak regime, let Carr drive a few more games before you ship him off to the junkyard & wind up costing your beloved expansion franchise its first #1 overall pick for absoultley no value what so ever

count me in the 25% bracket

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd be surprised how often the majority is way underinformed. Before the draft, how many people would have agreed with the following statements?

DEMECO RYANS WILL BE THE MOST UNDENIABLY SUCCESSFULL PLAYER IN THE 2006 DRAFT IN THEIR FIRST YEAR OF PLAY. OWEN DANIELS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE RIGHT BEHIND HIM.

Regardless of sports, its been proven many times that the majority is way to quick to make decisions on too little information and, frankly....kind of stupid. That's why Presidential hopefulls wear make-up on TV and we listen to ENTERTAINERS' opinions on politics and world issues.

Right or wrong, I'm proud to be in the minority.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2006   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Regardless of sports, its been proven many times that the majority is way to quick to make decisions on too little information and, frankly....kind of stupid. That's why Presidential hopefulls wear make-up on TV and we listen to ENTERTAINERS' opinions on politics and world issues.

I'm confused, are you telling us you're wearing makeup or ?
Old 12-06-2006   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
You'd be surprised how often the majority is way underinformed. Before the draft, how many people would have agreed with the following statements?

DEMECO RYANS WILL BE THE MOST UNDENIABLY SUCCESSFULL PLAYER IN THE 2006 DRAFT IN THEIR FIRST YEAR OF PLAY. OWEN DANIELS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE RIGHT BEHIND HIM.

Ryans is playing at an All-Pro level in his 1st year--Carr, well he's still learning into his 5th year but--if Ryans hadn't produced, he'd never gotten as far as Carr has...

's always defend Carr with 'one player this or one player that' but they don't mention the 'big' bucks he makes for just being 'one' of the players or 'special' treatment when it comes to 'longetivity.' If he's every players equal, what's up with this?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

OMG I don't believe I'm about to say this but without a viable backup Carr should stay in the starting position through the end of the year.

With Rosenfels down, I don't know the capabilities of the current backup. Granted Carr isn't going to win any games for us but if we go to the defense and say win it for us. We would still have a change at winning 2 of the last 4. To change QB's for the sake of changing them isn't a good plan.

Didn't vote.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #11
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we sat Carr out and watched how the team as a whole performs in the next four games I think it will help Kubiak in his decision with Carr. Let Van Pelt or Porter come in and run the games. Shoot even let Sage come in and play left handed. It doesn't take that much effort to hand the ball off to a RB anyway and it won't hurt anything. if anything it will prove it either isn't the QB position that is having problems or that Carr just has no business being here.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

3900+ people have cared enough to vote. Doubt many Fresno people voted so they would have less skewed results. The Houston market speaks loud, clear and consistently - they do not see value in Carr.
Old 12-06-2006   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'm confused, are you telling us you're wearing makeup or ?
Yes, I'm coming out, and I also want to be President.

Guys, I'm sure I'm a little too defensive about this topic sometimes, but I just hate to see us spend a high draft pick on a QB, only to find that he has just about the same success rate as Carr. Carr has had 5 yrs. to prove himself, and I know that's not only long enough, but too long; however, his protection sucks. The only time it didn't was in his second year and he was pretty good for a 2nd year QB. with what was still a little below avg. protection. We've seen Manning fall apart when the Steelers blitz got to him. Heck, we've seen many QBs fall apart under those circumstances.

I think this year has just been very irritating to me. Last year was the most depressing year of NFL football I've ever seen. This year has been the most irritating. Young, Bush, Young, Bush....it's irritating. Franky, I find some of the Carr bashing stuff even more irritating, as I'm sure you would have guessed. Maybe Carr will get replaced this offseason, and maybe not, but I just can't resist making come-back comments to those posts bashing him, particularly those that sound like teenagers saying something like, "Bon Jovi is gay, dude! Metallica rules!!!"

Carr sucks, Young rules, Reggie is God, and God save the Queen!!! :bananasplit:

This is not me calling everybody who wants Carr gone stupid. I just get irritated....that's all.

Old 12-06-2006   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Regardless of sports, its been proven many times that the majority is way to quick to make decisions on too little information and, frankly....kind of stupid.
5 years of data is far more than enough. No other organization in the history of the world would give have given him this long, much less another year or two. Face it... the dude is a complete failure.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
David should get two years with Kubiak, lets be fair to both. ......, let Carr drive a few more games before you ship him off to the junkyard & wind up costing your beloved expansion franchise its first #1 overall pick for absoultley no value what so ever

count me in the 25% bracket
my sentiments exactly.

Build the rest of the team around him while he continues to take snaps. Bring in a rookie qb to learn and mature slowly.

Let's buld a solid foundation for a perennial competitive team and not rush to throw money wherever there's a problem.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

If we ever get somebody to push Carr, or hoping that he will flat-out take Carr's place, I will be rooting for that guy to go out and make Carr look like the ***** that he will apparently be (you know what I mean), but I guess I'm gonna have to see it to believe it. There's been times I would have done things differently. I've already stated quite a few times that I would've taken Young last draft (but I still get irritated hearing about him now). I would've also given Rosenfels more of a look than they did in preseason. I just don't want to pull that trigger and spend a high, first round pick on a QB (although I would've on Young, once I realized we couldn't trade down).

Old 12-06-2006   #17
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with you Hjam. I just don't understand the "hate" that so many of those feel. This is just a football game. I know they are important, they are important to me too, but in the big picture, it is just a game and these guys are all REAL people. If David can't make it, then he doesn't make it. But to put so much emotion into hating him is crazy.

So many hate him for making so much money. They ALL make WAY too much money in my opinion. So who cares. And who cares what they do with it.

As far as David goes, he's going to need his for his medical bills when he is older. LOL

And as far as the Chronicle poll? Now WHO puts any stock in that one sided disaster. People think David sucks, well, he might, but the Chronicle sucks worse.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
3900+ people have cared enough to vote. Doubt many Fresno people voted so they would have less skewed results. The Houston market speaks loud, clear and consistently - they do not see value in Carr.

Not terribly scientific, especially given the options that they listed.

I voted in the puppy just to see the results. There wasn't an option that said, "Carr is the only legitimate option that we have right now." You can't bench him with Sage hurt. Actually the coach could, but I don't think he is a stupid person. The only benching they can do is the type that Kubiak did. Just give it to the running back.
Old 12-06-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
my sentiments exactly.

Build the rest of the team around him while he continues to take snaps. Bring in a rookie qb to learn and mature slowly.

Let's buld a solid foundation for a perennial competitive team and not rush to throw money wherever there's a problem.
At this point, that does sound pretty good. I know....I'm getting confused about what I really want to do.

Old 12-06-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

When I think about what this team needs most, I just don't think QB. I think FS, CB, OL, OLB, RB, more OL, more OL, more OL, etc. That's why I hesitate to spend that pick. I want those DBs bad, for starters.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read