Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2006   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tony Parrish

Quote:
"Tony is a model professional, and he influenced a lot of younger players with his work ethic," 49ers coach Mike Nolan said. "This was a tough decision to make at this time, but with the injuries we had at linebacker, we needed to bring in a player at that position."
Link

Think he's any better than Michael Stone?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #2
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Tony Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Link

"The 49ers released Parrish to make room for veteran linebacker Jay Foreman, ..."

Gah!
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
"The 49ers released Parrish to make room for veteran linebacker Jay Foreman, ..."

Gah!
Made me do a triple-take. Weird.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Link

He has had a better career than Michael Stone, but he did not seem to recover after missing a good portion of 2005 with an injury. If you are a proponent of veterans being able to teach stuff to younger players, he would be a candidate. At issue would be that like most of the safeties on our roster already, his weakness has always been in coverage. I am assuming that recent enough injury and age (at least 30) has done nothing to improve Parrish in that respect.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #5
joshri
Rookie

I'm sure he's getting old at this point but when I followed him a year or two ago he was a top 10 safety.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

We should bring him in for a tryout.

He's been in a Pro Bowl (the year he had 9 INTs) so I dont think he could be as bad as Brown.

We could also use some veteran leadership on the D.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #7
amazingandre
All Pro

is there a way we could get him is he just a fa now? im not familar with that stuff.
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2006   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring 'em in!!

By the way did that article say that signed Jay Foreman? I thought he was completely out of football. They really must be desperate at the LB spot.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
is there a way we could get him is he just a fa now? im not familar with that stuff.
He was released from his contract so he is just a FA now.

I dont expect that the Texans will pick him up now since by the time he got used to our defense the season would be over.

But I would still like to have him.

It really isn't good when your team's 2 defensive leaders are a rookie (Ryans) & a 5-year veteran (Weaver).

I think our secondary would improve drastically with the leadership & ability that Parrish brings.
Old 12-06-2006   #10
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
It really isn't good when your team's 2 defensive leaders are a rookie (Ryans) & a 5-year veteran (Weaver).
Depends on your outlook... I for one am glad to see a Rookie as a leader that will be a stable figure in the defense to come. It says a lot about the direction of the franchise.

It says a lot about the past too... but you can only whine and moan about the past and cannot change it.
Old 12-06-2006   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
Depends on your outlook... I for one am glad to see a Rookie as a leader that will be a stable figure in the defense to come. It says a lot about the direction of the franchise.

It says a lot about the past too... but you can only whine and moan about the past and cannot change it.
I'm not doubting that Ryans is picking up the slack.

I just dont think he should be forced to because he is a rookie.

Rookies are supposed to learn from veterans in their early years & then they become leaders.

DeMeco stepped in & instantly became a leader. I am proud of him & I love the fact that he is on our team but I think it is unfair for him to have so much on his shoulders in just his rookie season.

He is still learning the transition from college to pros & players older than him are looking up at him.

We just dont have the luxury of having a lot of veteran leadership.
Old 12-06-2006   #12
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

we should pick him up, keep him for the offseason and everything, maybe can get CC brown to play better, and hes a vet leader, if we can get him for cheap, then it would be a damn good idea
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read