Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2004   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up How about that Dunta Robinson?

I think he just received a shot of confidence today! Great game.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

2 shots to be exact.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

He looked great. I hope SportsCenter shows that block by Simmons on Barry Sims (I think) on Dunta's 2nd Interception. It was the best hit I've seen this year.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #4
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

With Dunta, we've seen the skills in the first three games ,but a lack of confidence from getting burned. This this is the kick in the rear he needed to turn the corner.
On another note. Is it just me or does everyone else realize that Simmons makes big plays every game? Big block today, 1st Down on fake punt last week, always plays great on ST too.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hats off to Dunta - he played a super game ! For sure the interceptions
and coverage - and that little sukker can hit like demon when he puts the
hat on some of those big boys.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #6
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2 shots to be exact.
All I can say is ...........LOL!!
Old 10-03-2004   #7
Dime
Hall of Fame

Today.. I saw confidence by the defense.... always a very good sign.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2004   #8
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

This is the pressure that the d needs. Maybe Seth Payne will be 100 percent in a few weeks. I believe that in order to get pressure in the 3-4 All 3 DL have to have a dominating nature.
Old 10-03-2004   #9
aphia1996
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to aphia1996
Default FIRE DUNTA ROBINSON.....wasn't that posted a couple of weeks ago!!!

That was such a joke when posted. I really think they got someone special in him and look forward to seeing him grow into one of the leagues best shutdown CB's. Did anyone see the show on ESPN....this young man was so happy to be Drafted by us and looks to have a great support from home and I hope our fans do the same....I KNOW THEY WILL(BEST FANS IN THE NFL are TEXANS!!!)

GEAUX TEXANS!!!

James H.
Baton Rouge, LA
aphia1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #10
Panther5407
All Pro

Well they should just be embarresed about saying that. Dunta and Andre are my two favorites on the team. I really think they have showed what they can do.
Old 10-03-2004   #11
actionbull
Rookie

Default Fire Dunta

He made some awsome plays today. Even when he got beat on the sideline, he almost got the ball, but more importantly, made the tackle. If you can't get the ball, you better make the tackle. Should be the player of the game.
actionbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #12
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

it was about darn time dunta got his first pick...i was at the game...it was great to see him get not one but two picks...now if the pass rush could just make it's presence felt we'd be a lot better pass defensive team
Old 10-03-2004   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Dunta had a great game, but don't forget Demarcus Faggins. I believe that was his first career INT, and it was Dunta's first and second career INT
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta showed the playmaking skills the Texans envisioned when they drafted him first in the 2004 draft. He is silky smooth, good hands with excellent foot work and recovery speed. You know I watched Gallery destroy the Texans attempt @ pass rushing from the right side (besides the false starts) finally the Texans wised up and did'nt even send pressure as he was left standing blocking air. The point being Gallery is going to be the best tackle (right or left) in the NFL, but what impact does he have if the Raiders fail to work his side of scrimmage. Dunta however was able to be a playmaker (I predicted he was due to get his first pick against the Raiders, on another thread, who would of thought two?) it was so cool after the game that he came over to the Bull Pen and shook hands with the regular people (he looks elite) my son said he is not going to ever wash his hand again
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251670 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's good to be excited about Dunta and the way he played today but it's just a fact of life that he's going to have some "Oh man, they got the rookie again" days. He's probably going to have them off and on for the rest of the year. That's not a bad thing. They have to start somewhere and today was a good start on making other teams understand that sometimes picking on the rookie CB is going to cost you.
Old 10-03-2004   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
It's good to be excited about Dunta and the way he played today but it's just a fact of life that he's going to have some "Oh man, they got the rookie again" days. He's probably going to have them off and on for the rest of the year. That's not a bad thing. They have to start somewhere and today was a good start on making other teams understand that sometimes picking on the rookie CB is going to cost you.
It also was a great confidence builder in him and our defense. Its like they carried over the momentun from the second half of the KC game.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #17
Aussie
Rookie

i didnt aggree with the drafting of dunta or babin but dunta looks good early.
im still bitter bout wilfork being passed on for babin so we'll see.
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie

I wanted Wilfork too but we would have had to trade up to the 21st spot and I'm sure that would have cost us a great deal more. It is better to have Babin at a lower cost. He will be a stud. He just needs some time.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #19
TexanAggie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
I hope SportsCenter shows that block by Simmons on Barry Sims (I think) on Dunta's 2nd Interception. It was the best hit I've seen this year.

Dont hold your breath!!!! ESPN is a joke. The Texans win and all they show is the few good plays Oakland had. Last time I remember is that the winning team gets the highlights not the losers, but when Texans lose those morons will play it to death. What does the Texans have to do for these lame dopes look up and take notice this is a good team and they will go somewhere........
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #20
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie
Move on. Wilfork went 21st in the draft. Babin like 27th. the texans did not pass on Wilfork. This is at least third thread where you have post basically the same idea on Wilfork. Everyone has gotten the point. This has been debated pre-draft and post-draft to death.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read