Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2006   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post What to really know about the Titans

1)Colts have the worst Rush defense...in the AFC South...no in the AFC....no in the NFL... VY had a field day because of that. Believe it or not, we are ranked 16 I think...talk about improving your defense with guys like Mario and Meco. VY is going to find it harder to rush against the Texans, because we have a better Rush defense than the Colts.

2)Tennesse has a poor passing defense(yes we do too) the thing to watch here, is Carr of course. He cost us the game at Tenn, a lot of people expect him to just fall off of the Earth and play poor for forever, some people think he will respond with a monster game. :bananasplit:

3)Homefield Advantage, it doesn't matter, Texans are playing at home. VY wants to win this bad, but I think it will motivate the hell out of our players if they see that their own city is not supporting them. People say 'Oh VY will be motivated..etc etc'

Sorry Titans have the worst Total Defense in the NFL... that's it, if you remember at Tenn...We OWNED them all game long, but, just like how the Raiders lost, turnovers gav us that lost. I CAN GAURANTEE you offense in this game. Why? Because Carr went to the RZ about 3 out of 4 times when he was in the 1st half, and we know what Sage did once he came in.

OOO and Mathis is back... I think last weeks return showed that he is ready too!

With all that being said, we should win this game because VY is not going to have a field day on the ground...he just isnt. Our D-line has got better, Meco isn't letting him get a big play, and if he does...Glen Earl hits pretty hard. IMO, VY isn't going to have a huge day on the ground. In the air....well that is a different story, any QB could throw against our secondary.

I know some people are going to say 'Hey, they beat the Giants and Colts' doesn't mean nothing though. We beat the Dolphins and the Dolphins beat the Bears...does that make us better than the Bears!? All about matchups, Giants are falling because of many many problems, Titans just further proved their downfall. Colts have a horrible Rush Defense, so VY had a field day. Colts destroy us because we have a horrible pass defense...adn they have Manning so he comes out there at 20% and dominates.

All in All, keep your heads up Texans. Go to Reliant rocking the blue-red not the burnt orange. If we stop supporting our team, we are just going to lose them again. Show support for our Texans this week!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #2
AMMOTITAN
Rookie

Default Re: What to really know about the Titans

Bad defense huh? So holding the colts to 3 points in one half is bad? Hmmmm....good post though. I can promise VY will not find it harder to run afainst you than the colts, skins, ravens, and giants. Vince Young has brought a new found faith to Tennesee. I am so glad we got him!!! He is truly the.....TRUTH!
AMMOTITAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #3
bigTEXan8
All Pro

i think that the defense that tenn throws out there week to week is a lot better than people may think. they play some damn good football, and i think that fisher has a lot to do with that. vy is playing some solid ball, but is still playing like a rookie.
Old 12-05-2006   #4
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

All the Titan love in the national media (even worse than Romo-love!) was really getting me annoyed until I recognized that it's just gonna make 'em hurt that much worse when we beat the Titans this weekend - just like the Jaguar games.

That thought brought a great big smile to my face.

P.S. Can someone explain to me how Rob Bironas can kick a nearly all-time longest FG to win the game and Vince is the one getting all the press? How would it feel to be that guy?
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #5
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

good come back vyfan.
Old 12-06-2006   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not worried about Vince's running ability. He'll make some plays, sure. But last time around Mario was pretty adept at chasing him down from behind.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post

Sorry Titans have the worst Total Defense in the NFL...
Stats-wise, yes. But you don't win 5 of the last 7 with the worst defense in the NFL. We have a bend but don't break defense.
Old 12-06-2006   #8
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
All the Titan love in the national media (even worse than Romo-love!) was really getting me annoyed until I recognized that it's just gonna make 'em hurt that much worse when we beat the Titans this weekend - just like the Jaguar games.

That thought brought a great big smile to my face.

P.S. Can someone explain to me how Rob Bironas can kick a nearly all-time longest FG to win the game and Vince is the one getting all the press? How would it feel to be that guy?
Actually Bironas was on cold pizza 'blah' a couple days ago because he won that game for Vince Young. it was kind of interesting, he said his longest field goal attempt was 75 yards Could you imagine getting beat by a 75 yard field goal.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006   #9
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah thats about right and the 75 yarder was just practicing.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #10
thadwr43
Rookie

the truth about the titans

VY runs all over every team not just the colts.

if the titans pass D is that bad then just how did they keep manning to 3 pts in the second half and pick him off twice. don't worry the titans pass D will have a field day with the texans.

you say the texans lost on b/c of a couple of turnovers, but the score was a lot closer than it should have been b/c VY's pass to bennett was called back (when it should not have been) and that would have iced the game for the titans.

the titans have gotten a whole lot better since the last time these two teams met. the titans got haynesworth back and beat some pretty good teams. VY is a way better QB now too.
thadwr43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans Defense goes as Pac-man goes... So when the Titans get here Saturday, I will pick Pac-man up in a limo, Start him off at Treasures, and let him do the rest to get himself in trouble....

Read the police blotter early Sunday morning...

HPD = 1
Pac-man = 0
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The Titans Defense goes as Pac-man goes... So when the Titans get here Saturday, I will pick Pac-man up in a limo, Start him off at Treasures, and let him do the rest to get himself in trouble....

Read the police blotter early Sunday morning...

HPD = 1
Pac-man = 0
That's actually a real good plan! I'm willing to throw in a few bucks
Old 12-07-2006   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Throw in a few bucks nothing.... We will all go and put it on Pac-Mans tab... His first mistake will be when he tries to walk the tab......
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #14
thadwr43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
he has been getting a lot of coverage here in nashville
thadwr43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Stats-wise, yes. But you don't win 5 of the last 7 with the worst defense in the NFL. We have a bend but don't break defense.
Welcome to the club, pal.
Old 12-07-2006   #16
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOTITAN View Post
Bad defense huh? So holding the colts to 3 points in one half is bad? Hmmmm....good post though. I can promise VY will not find it harder to run afainst you than the colts, skins, ravens, and giants. Vince Young has brought a new found faith to Tennesee. I am so glad we got him!!! He is truly the.....TRUTH!
I am glad you have him too. Everyone is happy.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006   #17
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: What to really know about the Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'll let Malloy know that "I got 5 on it" just to up the pay on Mrs. Pac-Man.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read