Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-05-2006   #1
Low Life
Rookie

Default week 14: Titans Message Board

Nothing much really. Maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread but... The Titans fans seem to think this is going to be the easiest game ever. They say stuff like our front office is a complete joke and so on and such. Typical and in line with what would be expected but don't they have to beat us to stay ahead of us in the division??? If you look at their record agains AFC opponents they are 2-6 while we are 4-4 and if we win then we'll share a 5-8 record and split this years games. Doesn't that make our FO a little better than theirs if we win?
Old 12-05-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Re: Titans Message Board

I must say, if that's the way they're looking at it after we outperformed them by a mile the last game, they're obviously getting cocky. We need to give them a slap in the face and wake them up from their fantasy world.
Old 12-05-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

5-7 never looked so 16-0.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm shocked, especially after all the bouquets we toss their way on this board.
Old 12-05-2006   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
I must say, if that's the way they're looking at it after we outperformed them by a mile the last game, they're obviously getting cocky. We need to give them a slap in the face and wake them up from their fantasy world.
I think this is going to be a hard game to win. They aren't the same team that we played earlier and neither are we.

Our defense is playing better, but our Oline is destroyed. Their defense is playing lights out. We are going to need another monster game from DeMeco and a few big plays from Mario. We are also going to need Carr to play mistake free football with no turnovers........they forced 2 ints. from Manning.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #6
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life View Post
Nothing much really. Maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread but... The Titans fans seem to think this is going to be the easiest game ever. They say stuff like our front office is a complete joke and so on and such. Typical and in line with what would be expected but don't they have to beat us to stay ahead of us in the division??? If you look at their record agains AFC opponents they are 2-6 while we are 4-4 and if we win then we'll share a 5-8 record and split this years games. Doesn't that make our FO a little better than theirs if we win?
No offense but we have the 3rd toughest Schedule in the leauge and yall have just beat the Jags twice (which is pretty good) The raiders and the dolphins.....Thats not saying much but most of are games have been NFC.
Old 12-05-2006   #7
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Outperformed......The last time I checked we had more turnovers.
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2006   #8
Low Life
Rookie

No offense taken but is my math wrong? If Houston wins on Sunday and I go check the AFC Division standings on Tuesday morning won't it say Houston is 3rd in the AFC South above the Tennessee Titans?
Old 12-05-2006   #9
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life View Post
No offense taken but is my math wrong? If Houston wins on Sunday and I go check the AFC Division standings on Tuesday morning won't it say Houston is 3rd in the AFC South above the Tennessee Titans?
Yep this is a big game for both teams and belive me nobody on the titans message board is thinking yall are gaonna be pushovers.
Old 12-05-2006   #10
CyberTexan
Veteran

What ? we play the same schedule as you do LOL theres only one team difference that you play and we dont LOL
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #11
ib4texans
Veteran

Vince Young is doing what Billy Volek did for years, he comes in and wins. Does it last? Not with Volek not with Young, Titans have the same problem as the Texans. Both teams are not operating as a complete unit. Enjoy the wins you have,because Sunday I'm hoping they come to a screaming holt.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

It's December 5th and Bud Adams is still the lowest form of a human existence on the planet.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #13
Low Life
Rookie

Indeed. I'm sure that you guys will play well given the circumstances and I'm hoping for a Houston win. I just thought it was interesting when looking at that. I will be at the game sunday and cheering for Mr. Young silently and my home team with much more vigor. Here's to hoping for an exciting game.
Old 12-05-2006   #14
phan1
All Pro

I just want a win this week. This whole "we should have drafte Vince" is really pissing me off. I want to stick it to them really bad. I want a win every week, but this one feels personal.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #15
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan View Post
What ? we play the same schedule as you do LOL theres only one team difference that you play and we dont LOL
You play 2 of the worst teams in The NFL and (browns and Raiders) and that makes your schedule weaker dont balme me Im not the one who ranked them.

Last edited by doughboy; 12-05-2006 at 06:30 PM.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #16
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 35170 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tweety View Post
No offense but we have the 3rd toughest Schedule in the leauge...
Actually, no. It is the toughest schedule in the league:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl06.htm

The Texans are going down.
Old 12-05-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans just beat the mighty Colts with a rookie QB...something we still can't do after 9 freakin' attempts in five seasons! :brickwall ouch!

I say that they might have a reason to be a little cocky right now...matter-of-fact, they should just assume a win and start preparing for the Jaguars...yeah, that's the ticket...the little ol' Houston Texans are nothing to such an awesome team like the Tennessee Titans...yeah, just forget about this little scrimmage you've got this weekend and start watching film of Jacksonville....
Old 12-05-2006   #18
TNTitan
Veteran

we're B1tching over 3rd place in our division lol
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #19
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan View Post
Yeah and we beat the Giants, Redskins, Colts, and Eagles. You didn't.

Oh and don't forget, we beat the Texans too.
Old 12-05-2006   #20
mashunter18
Rookie

Yes we are pumped up, sure some people at the titans board think we will smoke you guys.
We are on a good roll, big plays from all sides of the ball lately. Besides Vince looking better and more comfortable lately, pacman is pretty hot. He could barely get the colts or giants to punt one he could return the last 2 weeks.

I believe we had 8 different guys make catches last week.

We have plenty of week spots on our team, but we can a nice future coming...
mashunter18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read