Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-05-2006   #1
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Time to pick up Jake Delhomme

Delhomme is a natuaral fit for us. Why you say?

-Jake Delhomme is proven QB in spite of a luke warm season this year
-Jake Delhomme and Kubiak are smart people and they will easily understand each other
-Jake Delhomme will soon be on the open market and is a hell of a lot better than Carr
-Jake definitely has mobility, which is required given out offensive line
-Jake Delhomme has proven he knows how to lead..
-Jake has 8 years experiece in the league
-Jake is a Southern boy and knows how to play in this heat.
-Jake Delhomme along with a drafted QB and we can begin moving in the right direction
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #2
AtheGreat
Veteran

Default Re: Time to pick up Jake Delhomme

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138 View Post
Delhomme is a natuaral fit for us. Why you say?

-Jake Delhomme is proven QB in spite of a luke warm season this year
-Jake Delhomme and Kubiak are smart people and they will easily understand each other
-Jake Delhomme will soon be on the open market and is a hell of a lot better than Carr
-Jake definitely has mobility, which is required given out offensive line
-Jake Delhomme has proven he knows how to lead..
-Jake has 8 years experiece in the league
-Jake is a Southern boy and knows how to play in this heat.
-Jake Delhomme along with a drafted QB and we can begin moving in the right direction
right....and how do we go about taking a proven qb from a playoff contender???
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat View Post
right....and how do we go about taking a proven qb from a playoff contender???
The 'ol switcheroo, how else? We can just switch Kevin Walters with him while they aren't looking. :bananasplit:
Old 12-05-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Delhomme for Carr anytime....when Hell turns into an icycle and all that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #5
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

If I were the panthers, I'd take Carr and a seventh rounder for Delhomme.

In fact, after we make that deal, we'll ship Delhomme and Ron Dayne to Indy for Peyton and a conditional draft pick.
Old 12-05-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post

In fact, after we make that deal, we'll ship Delhomme and Ron Dayne to Indy for Peyton and a conditional draft pick.
Afteraffects: Carr has a stellar year and barely loses the NFC championship game when the 7th rounder fumbles a pass on the 8 yd. line with less than a minute left.

Ron Dayne rushes for 1700 yds.

Delhomme breaks Manning's pass record, lol.

Peyton Manning comes to Houston and breaks the record for INTs. thrown in one season....4 TIMES!!!!....and breaks Carr's sack record....8 TIMES!!!!

PS--Manning is never seen walking again.

Old 12-05-2006   #7
texan's blue
Rookie

Is Capers with the Panthers??? Cause if he is... it's a done deal.
texan's blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2006   #8
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan's blue View Post
Is Capers with the Panthers??? Cause if he is... it's a done deal.
Yeah, and if Casserly is with Indy, it's on!
Old 12-05-2006   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Again with the 32 year old quarterback... Which actually would be fine if the Texans were only a quarterback away from competing for the play-offs. News flash, we won't be competing for a couple of years minimum. There are way too many holes to fill this offseason to be a contender.

It does not make sense to go after a veteran QB. Go after a younger guy and let him develop over the next couple of years and since we are stuck with DC based on his contract, let him take the pounding during that time (afterall, he is used to that).
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Again with the 32 year old quarterback... Which actually would be fine if the Texans were only a quarterback away from competing for the play-offs. News flash, we won't be competing for a couple of years minimum. There are way too many holes to fill this offseason to be a contender.

It does not make sense to go after a veteran QB. Go after a younger guy and let him develop over the next couple of years and since we are stuck with DC based on his contract, let him take the pounding during that time (afterall, he is used to that).
Haven't you heard? The QB is the only player that matters. We just need to get Montana out of retirement and start a dynasty.

Old 12-05-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would prefer going with a younger guy who has some experience. I mean there are guys out there like Boller and Garrard (no I am not saying I want these guys) who are younger yet have some experience. If we end up drafting another QB I'm scared we'll have 5 more years of failure.
Old 12-05-2006   #12
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Haven't you heard? The QB is the only player that matters. We just need to get Montana out of retirement and start a dynasty.
Yeah, you may be right. However, I think Elway could run this Rocky Mountain offense better than Montana.
Old 12-05-2006   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaborn-Texasbred View Post

REAL MEN OF GENIUS

Here's to you Mr Preposterous Trade Proposer!
Old 12-05-2006   #14
texan's blue
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Quote:
Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon... we could rotate every down to keep them fresh....

I said it in another post...
texan's blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #15
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
I said it in another post...
We could bring back the entire Steel Curtain defense, too.
Old 12-05-2006   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Immobile Jake who made those bad throws yesterday. Uh why go back to where we came from?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

In the other thread about Jake Plummer, I mentioned Dan Pastorinin and Ken Stabler.... Both were also "snakes".....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #18
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
In the other thread about Jake Plummer, I mentioned Dan Pastorinin and Ken Stabler.... Both were also "snakes".....
I don't want anymore snakes around here. We need someone we can call "Bullit". I intentionally misspelled that.
Old 12-05-2006   #19
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Seriously, though. Do you guys think we could trade for Shaun Alexander?

In fact, I think I'll start the thread.
Old 12-05-2006   #20
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone really think even Delhomme could survive in the pockets our O-Line is creating these days?? What, 3 starters out for season,etc??

Hike! One, two, three... COLLAPSE. If not collapse, then two guys practically kissing Carrs facemask with arms in the air.

No one could survive in the pocket Carr had to work with last weekend.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read