Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-05-2006   #1
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02
Default THE DUCE IS LOOSE.. an off season option?

The Steelers released Duce Staley. Should the Texans pursue him to compete with DD next season?

MB sound off!
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #2
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: THE DUCE IS LOOSE.. an off season option?

pass.
Old 12-05-2006   #3
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutexan02 View Post
The Steelers released Duce Staley. Should the Texans pursue him to compete with DD next season?

MB sound off!
I wish the best for DD but I seriously doubt he will play another down in houston. why pick up a guy the steelers threw away for mediocrity?
Old 12-05-2006   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Uh no.
Old 12-05-2006   #5
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

This is starting to sound like my fantasy football team. Sitting around waiting and watching the cut list to pick up other people's scraps.
Old 12-05-2006   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 73838 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let the of injured Duce Staley battle the oft injured DD.

Let the first one walking have the job...

Is that the theory??
Old 12-05-2006   #7
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

NO!!!
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2006   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I'd like to get some good players in here in the off season.

Staley had 2 or 3 good years for the Eagles but he's not durable, he's not young, and I don't think he can bring it anymore.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

What the heck do I know. Never believed I'd see Dayne post another sixty yard day. Well if they do pick him up, I wouldn't get in a hurry to pick up the All Day Texan's gear.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #10
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The only want the real Deuce.
Old 12-05-2006   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

When was the last time Duece Staley was even revalent in pro football.....its been like 4 years.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #12
FanFromCali
Rookie

I used to like Duce, but his is way too injury prone.

I say we stay away from discarded players from other teams.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I thought this was going to be about McCalister.
Old 12-05-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Man, I thought this was going to be about McCalister.
Me too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #15
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No, I'd like to get some good players in here in the off season.

Staley had 2 or 3 good years for the Eagles but he's not durable, he's not young, and I don't think he can bring it anymore.
Absolutely, gosh-darn right! Free agency activity by our front office will have to be stepped up this offseason. Priority numbers 1 and 2 are the Oline and a marquee, pass-catching running back. I must have entertaining, rythmic, hard hitting, winning football next year. I can't take it (bad football) anymore.
Old 12-05-2006   #16
ATX_Texan
Veteran

No, No, No............. and No!!!!

Duce is done. He missed the last part of the 2004 season, he played in only 1 game all of last year. He looked horrible in preseason and has been wearing sweats every week this year. When Vernon Hayes (their third down back) was lost for the season, they activated a rookie off the practice squad instead. If the Texans need someone to guard the sidelines, Duce in the man. If you want another broken down back like DD, here is what Duce will bring you every week for an entire season:

Old 12-05-2006   #17
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_Texan View Post
No, No, No............. and No!!!!

Duce is done. He missed the last part of the 2004 season, he played in only 1 game all of last year. He looked horrible in preseason and has been wearing sweats every week this year. When Vernon Hayes (their third down back) was lost for the season, they activated a rookie off the practice squad instead. If the Texans need someone to guard the sidelines, Duce in the man. If you want another broken down back like DD, here is what Duce will bring you every week for an entire season:

Who's that Samoan looking guy in the background? We can get him to back up the Oline while we are at it!
Old 12-05-2006   #18
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Nooooo. Hes old and hasnt been good for a few years.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #19
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Add me to the "no" list.
Old 12-05-2006   #20
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by trutexan02 View Post

MB sound off!
Cant be any worse then what we got right?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read