Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #1
PocketAces
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 PocketAces has been demoted to the practice squad
Default Is Carr the problem, we will never know??????????

I understand the Carr people on the board, I understand and read every post. I do not agree with you all but I understand your positions. Carr has had his chance, heck he has had over 50 chances to prove his metal and he has failed.

What makes me upset is the fact that no one gets a chance to prove the doubters (like myself) wrong. Carr is still untouchable on this team and it should not be that way, in fact we were told by Kubiak before the season that it would not be the case and that every position on the field was up for grabs, no job was secure. Kubiak lied to us all, and every week that he keeps Carr in the starting rotation he will be considered a lier. Sage went in that one game and we all got to see a glimpse of what a CARR FREE offense can do. Did Sage get a fare shake at things, NO, will van Pelt or anyone else get a chance NO!!!!

The solution might be to cut Carr, this could also be a mistake, but until someone else gets a chance to start, we will never know. I just hope Kubiak gives someone else a chance this year, it would be a shame to have another 12 loss season next year before he plugs someone else into the position.
PocketAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #2
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Carr the problem, we will never know??????????

Well if he does it should be Porter he played in the preseason and has hung around all year so why not even if its the last game of the season. But it will not happen why because he wants DC to have as many reps as possible in this offense to learn even if it is only to punish him with sacks for his bad play this year.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The question is whether QB is our greatest need, because it's going to take a high, first-round draft pick to replace the starting QB. I don't think QB is our biggest problem at all. For starters, we need a CB and a FS much more. We also need at least a good, back-up LT, because we cut Wand; or, we need a really good, starting LT if Spencer doesn't come back 100%. Imagine if he is out for good, because we may then need 2 LTs. I'd say we also need a RB more than we need a QB.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #4
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: ??????????

It was the tenth question mark made this thread irresistible.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That 10th one will get ya every time.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #6
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

I have been a big Carr supporter up to this point due to the lack of talent we have provided him and the inept system that we have run in the past. However, this week really convinced me that Carr might be damaged beyond repair! I like the guy, he is tough as nails, plays hard and in my opinion wants to do right by the team but it now appears that when we face a high pressure Defense he crumbles into the old Carr. Carr didnt just struggle on Sunday, he imploded! I know the line played like garbage but Carr should still be able to complete short that the folks on this board dred and hold onto the damn ball! Rumor has it the front office is beginning to feel the same way as those of us who have tried to stick by Carr and wonder if he is the wrong guy to lead this team. My gut feeling is if Carr performes in the next four games lik ehe has in the last couple he will either be gone or there will be a QB brought in during the off season that Kubiak thinks can be a starter and push Carr. You cant help but wonder if it might not be Plummer considering the Denver connection and the new Jay Cutler love affair. I am not saying Plummer is the answer just wondeirng of with their history it might not be a possibility.
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear View Post
I have been a big Carr supporter up to this point due to the lack of talent we have provided him and the inept system that we have run in the past. However, this week really convinced me that Carr might be damaged beyond repair! I like the guy, he is tough as nails, plays hard and in my opinion wants to do right by the team but it now appears that when we face a high pressure Defense he crumbles into the old Carr. Carr didnt just struggle on Sunday, he imploded! I know the line played like garbage but Carr should still be able to complete short that the folks on this board dred and hold onto the damn ball! Rumor has it the front office is beginning to feel the same way as those of us who have tried to stick by Carr and wonder if he is the wrong guy to lead this team. My gut feeling is if Carr performes in the next four games lik ehe has in the last couple he will either be gone or there will be a QB brought in during the off season that Kubiak thinks can be a starter and push Carr. You cant help but wonder if it might not be Plummer considering the Denver connection and the new Jay Cutler love affair. I am not saying Plummer is the answer just wondeirng of with their history it might not be a possibility.

Well Plummer sure as heck won't be an upgrade over Carr but they both struggle when the heat is on. I can't see anyone doing much more than what Carr has accomplished here as long as our O-line problems continue to linger on.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read