Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow My Weekly Monday Post

Our Houston Texans record improved to 4-8 with yesterday's 23-14 road win over the Oakland Raiders.

I'm just going to talk a little bit about yesterday's game, sorta reiterate on what I said in my post after the game yesterday, starting with the offensive.

With the offense in yesterday's game, poor passing game, great running game. With the passing game, David Carr wasn't at his best. He fumbeled nearly half the times he was sacked and one of those fumbles cost us a touchdown right before the half again, so our offensive line needs to again, protect him better and he needs to get the ball out quicker and when he does get sacked, he has got to hold onto the ball. This has been a problem for him all year and this is now his 5th year in the NFL, he should not be making these types of mistakes and I look for him to improve with this. WE also will work on our passing game and improve on that.

In terms of running the ball, great job. We have 3 solid backs on this time as I continue to say. Wali Lundy did a pretty good job carrying the ball for us and then Ronnie Dayne, wow. Dayne came in and ran the ball with a purpose. He had nearly 100 yards this game and shared reps with Lundy, it was great to see that kid again and this running game really excites me, and it should only get better.

Defensively, another solid performance with is really becoming the norm for Houston Texans football. It has, again, played solid for us the past several weeks really, credit the players and Richard Smith. Smith is doing a tremendous job with this defense, you know, they switched from a 3-4 to 4-3this year, added new players, have alot of young players and he's making it work. Give him tons of credit.

We also got 5 turnovers in the game yesterday against Oakland, and its grwat to start getting these turnovers we have been getting the past few weeks, we are really becoming a solid defensive unit, and you know what they say, defense wins championships. We are still going to have learning mistakes with a new scheme and new players, but overall, this defense is only going to improve and this grealty excites me.

We have so many playmakers on the defense. DeMeco Ryans, he's a beast, thats all their is to it. So young, so good, such a leader he's having a hell of a rookie campaign and should strongly be considered for ROY. Mario Williams continues to play pretty good and he's battling that foot so give him credit for even being out there. He's a competitor and he'll only get better. CC Brown, Morlon Greenwood and Petey Faggins also had a great game against Oakland.

Guys overall, when you this good of a defense this fast in a new scheme, and you have alot of young talent, as you know, it is certainly something to continue to get excited about.

We, again, did play sloppy at times this game particulalry in the passing game so we'll really have to work on that and we'll improve on it, David is a good quaterback in my mind I still have faith in him. We fought and scrapped to find a way to wi and thats what you have to do in this leauge, we showed some nice determination Sunday.

Our next challenge is another tough one. The surging Tennessee Titans. They are coming off two unreal wins, the huge comeback versus the Giants and the big win over the Colts. This is a much improved football team than we seen the first time around this year. Vince Young is really making it happen, and its going to be a tough game for our Texans.

We have now doubled our win total from last season yesterday, as we now have 4 wins. That's a great way to start the final 5 game stretch. I have said we can still have success this season and hopefully, we can string some more W's together in this homestretch. It is extremely crutial for us to finish strong. We still have an outside shot, if we win out, to have a ''winning season'' at 8-8 and a franchise best, and we can go 7-9 and tie our franchise best record. A strong finish would also mean a good chunk of momentum heading into next year, and baiscally these final 4 games remain very important to this team.

A win over the Titans Sunday would also be our first back to back wins in almost 2 seasons, but it wont be easy.

We're 4-8 now, and are an improving football team, and hopefully we are done winning just yet.

Continue to cheer us on fans,
GO TEXANS !!!!
Old 12-04-2006   #2
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Weekly Monday Post

You aren't a homer and you don't downplay the Titans wins. Good post.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

bump for a well thought-out topic, unlike a lot of the other ignorant crap on here.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll bump again
Old 12-05-2006   #5
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

great post, our defense is slowly becoming a force to be reckoned with. the offense is fighting injuries on the line and lack of solid talent on the line. Carr is still fighting old demons and kubiak sometimes makes it worse. but Carr has shown alot of heart this year, hopefully he shows it again in the Titans game, we need him to. it's really too bad spencer went down the way he did, it might have looked quite different at this point in the season. but we just have to struggle onward and fix what we can, when we can. dont give up hope people, I see alot of positives this year and we will continue to improve.
Old 12-05-2006   #6
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I look forward to your posts every week. As happy or frustrated as I may get from week to week, you posts are helpful reminder to take a step back and look at the positives and improvement from our team.

Before the season, I think the average number of wins being predicated was around 6. At this point in the season we are still within a shot to meet that goal...even with losing two starting defensive lineman and three offensive lineman.

A lot of people may say that we should have lost last weeks game, but I can think of at least two games we absolutely let slip away as well. This last stretch of games is really important for the organization. If we can win around 6 games, we will have shown marked improvement over last year, we will know that we have a young group that we are building with and we can go into the off season with a little momentum.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #7
austintexanite
All Pro

nice
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2006   #8
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantastic post...this is why I read this board...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

good post. a little too much whitewash on our current QB situtation for my taste, but you were spot on with everything else.
Old 12-05-2006   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Neg rep hater

good post though seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby View Post
We're 4-8 now, and are an improving football team, and hopefully we are done winning just yet.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read