Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #1
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent
Default Coachdent going on the Kubiak Show

On hold right now. Going to ask about the offensive line schemes.
Old 12-04-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 376122 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coachdent going on thne Kubiak Show

Cool! Give us 'radio-challenged' folks an update when you're done.
Old 12-04-2006   #3
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

He's on now. Talking about Leach, and the tight ends.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #4
real

Heard him...
Old 12-04-2006   #5
real

Kubes said he could tell he was a good fan....
Old 12-04-2006   #6
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

listening to it now...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Good call Coach!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2006   #8
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Good call Coach!
Thanks! I found the streaming 610 site finally up here. Wife not to thrilled, we're late for dinner! But good stuff.

I don't think we use the tight ends as much as we should. Hopefully planted a little seed to do it more because Winston is going to need a lot of help this Sunday against Vandenmunchcrunch!
Old 12-04-2006   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed it, Coach. But I feel like I can sleep a little better knowing that you're calling the show as opposed to the average 610 caller.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I think Van Den Bosch (however you spell it) must have our game circled on his calander, because he absoultley destroys our O-line.
Old 12-04-2006   #11
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
Thanks! I found the streaming 610 site finally up here. Wife not to thrilled, we're late for dinner! But good stuff.

I don't think we use the tight ends as much as we should. Hopefully planted a little seed to do it more because Winston is going to need a lot of help this Sunday against Vandenmunchcrunch!
Coachdent for OC!
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #12
texaslifter
Veteran

Shucks. I would have liked hearing you call in Coachdent. I have really come to appreciate the knowledge you take the time to share on here.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Ha, thought that was you. Heard on the ride home a caller that asked a similar question you brought up on you "objective thread" and I asked in that thread if that was you. Impressive call.

edit - This is similar to what I posted on the other thread:

Quote:
Something to the affect of
Coachdent (Steve):
"Here's the deal... If you keep a tight end in to block, that helps the tackle with the DE AND it takes a defender out of coverage. He will sit on the tight end before releasing into coverage, thus opening passing lanes for the wide outs. Our clunker tight ends take forever to get downfield and clog things up.

-In additon...we're not missing assignments, the protection scheme is flawed. I can show you on a board, but we do not slide protection to the tight end when he goes out. When you don't, and you don't have the back going to that side, you have a sack."
Personally, I don't think it was the answer you were looking for as Kubiak's response was basically he'd like to keep the TE's back to protect but also to release them to get up the field - to find a "happy medium".

edit 2 - Also, another caller got through to talk about Ron Dayne, but when he got on - he changed the question to "how long you think the fans will want to wait for Carr to go through his learning phase" (as Kubiak mentioned Carr was going through this with his new system) and "what is your response if you hear the cheers in Reliant when the guy y'all passed on is playing" (VY). Shoot - now I really don't recall his answer, but something along the lines of Kubiak mentioned it's gonna take some time for Carr to learn this system and the good thing about Carr is he knows he had an off game, as he had in the past (most likely Ten.) and will like to see how he responds the next game. Never really addressed a "time frame". Concerning the VY question, mentioned that the decision was to go with Carr at the time and once the decision was made, there was no reason to go after another QB.

Last edited by OzzO; 12-04-2006 at 07:29 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #14
texaslifter
Veteran

Default Re: Coachdent going on the Kubiak Show

Well, that second call you wrote about was just being rude. Trying to surprise a figure head by posing a fake question then trapping them into one like that is just disrespectful.
Old 12-04-2006   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

yeah, the radio guys were embarassed he got through like that, but Kubiak took it in stride. I'm sure Kubiak is frustrated on multiple levels like the fans are, but he's working through it.

At least he responded better than our previous "E" coach.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #16
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
Coachdent for OC!
I second that
Old 12-04-2006   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
Hopefully planted a little seed to do it more because Winston is going to need a lot of help this Sunday against Vandenmunchcrunch!
Coach I didn't hear your call... what were your recommendations? Did you mention using the TE's to help with max pass protection packages? One thing that I didn't see in the Oakland was the 5-wide sets that spread the field. That seemed to work really well against the Giants.

I'm sure you were insightful and all, but when NFL coaches start listening to fans they end up sitting with them in the stands.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #18
phan1
All Pro

I don't get the TE thing... Leaving a TE to block means that you leave have an extra guy on the defense free to cover right? Wouldn't that be the drawback in having a TE to help with pass protection?
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslifter View Post
Well, that second call you wrote about was just being rude. Trying to surprise a figure head by posing a fake question then trapping them into one like that is just disrespectful.
That caller was "Longhorn Scott," an extreme arrogant ass that would make an otherwise non-caring college football fan hate Texas.

The fact that he lied to the producer and told him that he wanted to talk about Dayne, then buttered up Kubiak with the "my wife is a St. Pius grad" thing and then surprised Kubiak with a "how can you live with yourself by not drafting VY" question is not surprising. It fits a bitter, arrogant, and nauseating pattern and it usually shows up when he calls the morning show about anything un-Texas. His attitude is almost enough to make me root for OU once a year.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #20
texaslifter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
That caller was "Longhorn Scott," an extreme arrogant ass that would make an otherwise non-caring college football fan hate Texas.

The fact that he lied to the producer and told him that he wanted to talk about Dayne, then buttered up Kubiak with the "my wife is a St. Pius grad" thing and then surprised Kubiak with a "how can you live with yourself by not drafting VY" question is not surprising. It fits a bitter, arrogant, and nauseating pattern and it usually shows up in the morning show.
Well I'm a longhorn myself, so I can feel him on the VY thing. I know its exhausted here, so I won't go into detail - but I will say that all the longhorns out there are telling the rest of the nation I told you so right about now.

But wow, to disrespect the head coach, especially while going under the identity of Longhorn anything - what a shame. Some people really are just *******s. :brickwall

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read