Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default So is this what Carr has to do?

Here is my question, last week, Carr goes for 72% completion, 321 yards, 1 td and a CRITICAL drop by Andre to deflate the team in the 2nd quarter.

THIS WEEK, Carr goes for -5 yards with a 50% completion, YET Carr haters and the media blamed Carr for everything short of 9-11 (and we are still looking into his involvement)! In fact every week I hear how bad Carr plays despite a lousy run game, a defense that is just now getting a hang of things and a bad O-line.

So is that the mark with the stats above? If Carr goes for 73% and 322 yards, that makes him a good QB?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #2
real

Default Re: So is this what Carr has to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Here is my question, last week, Carr goes for 72% completion, 321 yards, 1 td and a CRITICAL drop by Andre to deflate the team in the 2nd quarter.

THIS WEEK, Carr goes for -5 yards with a 50% completion, YET Carr haters and the media blamed Carr for everything short of 9-11 (and we are still looking into his involvement)! In fact every week I hear how bad Carr plays despite a lousy run game, a defense that is just now getting a hang of things and a bad O-line.

So is that the mark with the stats above? If Carr goes for 73% and 322 yards, that makes him a good QB?
I'm not really sure where this thread is going.....

But....

Carr will be a good QB when Carr is a good QB....

Who cares about stats ?
Old 12-04-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

IM just trying to figure out when Carr has a bad game? Last week, the media and people here blamed Carr for having a bad game. This week, he had a bad game, so I am still trying to figure out when he will be good?
Old 12-04-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, but based upon the results of the Texans second half run/no-pass offense, does Kubiak and his Offense Brain Trust have the Texans come out in the Single-Wing formation this Sunday in Reliant ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #5
real

Wink Re: So is this what Carr has to do?

Quote:
IM just trying to figure out when Carr has a bad game? Last week, the media and people here blamed Carr for having a bad game. This week, he had a bad game, so I am still trying to figure out when he will be good?
I guess you kinda have to use your good judgement and football knowledge....

Old 12-04-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

It's obvious your analysys of the game is very stat driven.... should come in handy if you're ever working for ESPN, or a fantasy Football league consultant.

he threw the ball 54 times, for 322 yards, and we got into the redzone twice.... if the field he was playing on was 150 yards long, then he did a good job. Otherwise, he wasted a bunch of time.

Same thing with going 22 for 22..... what did we get out of it?? a field goal?? maybe two??

those two games, and yesterdays amount to about the same thing.... a laughing stock.

Tell you what, I really don't care. I'm not married to AJ, or Moulds... or Owen, or Dayne, or Wali.... I really couldn't care less. we either need to get rid of all those guys, or change our QB. On that list, only AJ & Carr are constants, so lets get rid of both of them.

But there is no doubt in my mind, that that AJ guy will be making regular trips to hawaii, and that other fella will still be trying to learn an NFL playbook....... if he's lucky.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
last week, Carr goes for 72% completion, 321 yards, 1 td
And we lost...

Quote:
THIS WEEK, Carr goes for -5 yards with a 50% completion,
...and we won...

We win and lose in spite of David Carr.

I don't think Carr is the problem...but I don't think he'll ever be the solution, either.
Old 12-04-2006   #8
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
Oakland has the top rated pass defense in the NFL, but to get negative yardage is proof positive that the QB has some issues. We're very fortunate to have won the game.
So the O-line sucking, and the fact that there were very few pass plays called has no bearing on the negetive yardage? Pretty weak assesment.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
So the O-line sucking, and the fact that there were very few pass plays called has no bearing on the negetive yardage? Pretty weak assesment.
Haven't you heard why Kubiak stopped calling passing plays?? He thought David was a liability to the team.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
Carr sucked on Sunday....

There is no passing the buck on his suckiness....
Old 12-04-2006   #11
real

Kubiak on 610....now
Old 12-04-2006   #12
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:

FORGET THE STATS! Carr has proved that stats are meaningless. What Carr has to do is be a leader. Can he? Can this be learned? I doubt it. See VY, Born to Lead.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

The VY example is a very poor and absurd, borderline trolling one to throw out.

If you want to question Carr's ability to bounce back from bad games, then you should be using his return following his benching in the Tennessee game, which is (I feel) the best way to criticize how he will bounce back.

What can we learn from it? Carr can bounce back from bad performances with respectful showings (given that he was 1 Cook fumble away from being able to create a comeback), but he will begin declining again in terms of performance (reference: the last two games).

Carr can bounce back from bad showings, but I'm afraid he can't consistently perform at an acceptable level.

With that said, I believe that Carr will rebound and put on a strong performance against the Titans. However, I fear he will regress again afterwards.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #14
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does it always have to be just the line or just Carr? Why can't they both stink? Right now we are playing with a pawn shop line but if you think that Carr has nothing to do with our offensive woes then you are being pretty naive. I think both need work and different players. imo yesterday was the beginning of the end for David Carr in Houston. Looking at Kubiak yesterday reminded me of how my Dad looked when our dog wouldn't stop crapping on the living room floor.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
The VY example is a very poor and absurd, borderline trolling one to throw out.

If you want to question Carr's ability to bounce back from bad games, then you should be using his return following his benching in the Tennessee game, which is (I feel) the best way to criticize how he will bounce back.

What can we learn from it? Carr can bounce back from bad performances with respectful showings (given that he was 1 Cook fumble away from being able to create a comeback), but he will begin declining again in terms of performance (reference: the last two games).

Carr can bounce back from bad showings, but I'm afraid he can't consistently perform at an acceptable level.

With that said, I believe that Carr will rebound and put on a strong performance against the Titans. However, I fear he will regress again afterwards.
he basicaly was benched on sunday. 3 passing attempts in a half? had sage not be IRed, he would have played the second half. lets see how DC, the coaching staff and the Oline reacts...oh how the plot thickens
Old 12-04-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think their main complaint is really a lack of TD passes, some of which would need to be long. I still say the lack of long stuff is the TEAM's problem though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #17
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
FORGET THE STATS! Carr has proved that stats are meaningless. What Carr has to do is be a leader. Can he? Can this be learned? I doubt it. See VY, Born to Lead.

I see Carr leading this team all the time.
Old 12-05-2006   #18
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Ok

between -5 yards, 50% completion and 322 yards, 72% completion is a bad game for Carr

anything above 72% and 321 yards is a bad game! Ive got the Carr haters pegged now!

Dont count dropped passes, and dont count other peoples fumbles like in the crunch time at the end of the half or game, its all Osama Bin Carrs fault.
Old 12-05-2006   #19
eyelanderx
noob

[quote=xtruroyaltyx;521847]I'm not really sure where this thread is going.....

But....

Carr will be a good QB when Carr is a good QB....

Which most likely will NEVER happen! Let's face it, he keeps making the same sophomoric mistakes week after week. He was never a back-up, always a very poor starter. Unfortunately, we are stuck with him at this point.

Last edited by eyelanderx; 12-05-2006 at 07:47 AM. Reason: text
eyelanderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

So Goldeagle ... what in your mind makes Carr special ? What makes you think he has what it takes to lead the team to 2 or 3 come back wins a year ?

Carr has'nt had it easy but he has not made it easy on himself . I think he created this country club atmosphere by bringing his Dad to practice and so on . Thats just comical to me if anybody should bring dear old dad to practice it would be Eli or Peyton , it just shows you reputations are easier maintained than retrieved .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read