Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ron Dayne's "big day"

It appeared to me that the Texans were running more of a power running attack than the zone blocking scheme against Oakland. Do you think this was a factor in Dayne having a good day on the ground due to his size?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #2
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP
Default Re: Ron Dayne's "big day"

Who the he!! knows nowadays with this team.

One week, they can't run the ball at all with Dayne, but Lundy works well. Then we rely on Lundy, and he runs poorly, but Gado shows glimpses. Then Dayne and Gado play and they both stink. Then the next week Lundy and Gado do great.

Bottom line is that you never know what you will get from this level of talent. I don't think Dayne vs. Oakland was the real Ron Dayne you get every game.

All I know is that our running game despite its' success yesterday, is fighteningly inconsistent, which in reality translates into UNRELIABLE.

With DD, at least we knew that he could grind it out and get 2-3 each carry, with the threat of a bigger break. I don't think that any of them are the future at RB and it is possible that two of them are not on the roster next year.

Until the OL is established for a few years, I want a game breaker in the backfield. FA or draft, but I want a guy that defenses are scared of.
Old 12-04-2006   #3
DayneBum
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
It appeared to me that the Texans were running more of a power running attack than the zone blocking scheme against Oakland. Do you think this was a factor in Dayne having a good day on the ground due to his size?
Nope!!!!!!!!!!!! He's 100% healthy is why. He wasnt even 80% healthy when kubiak bought him aboard. He had no preseason, and he had turf toe on his whole foot. A healthy Ron Dayne is a beast in this type offense. You seen what he did in Denver last year. He's a zone runner. But then again. When u look at his stats in NY, When he was the feature back for 3 games. he had 58car 337 3tds with a 5.3 avg.......So its not the scheme. He just needs his touches and 100% healthy. The zone blocking is like a bonus.
DayneBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Frankly, I haven't really seen ZB since about the start of the season. As players drop out from ijuries, it looks more and more like a standard power block scheme to me. Probably easier to do it with less skilled playes. Lord knows, our O-line guys fit the "Less Skilled" designator.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read