Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-04-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I was wrong about Vince Young !

I thought the infamous Wonderlic test performance would prevent VY from
being drafted real high. I was wrong about that.
I thought VY would be carrying a clipboard for atleast his entire rookie year
instead of seeing any playing time. I was wrong about that.
I thought if VY got in any games this year it would be in a meaningless situation as strictly a backup. I was wrong about that.
Yesterday VY started his 7th game of the year and led his team to a win over the mighty Indy Colts, a team that the Texans have not beaten in their 5 year existance.
Wow ! Was I wrong about Vince Young !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: I was wrong about Vince Young !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I thought the infamous Wonderlic test performance would prevent VY from
being drafted real high. I was wrong about that.
I thought VY would be carrying a clipboard for atleast his entire rookie year
instead of seeing any playing time. I was wrong about that.
I thought if VY got in any games this year it would be in a meaningless situation as strictly a backup. I was wrong about that.
Yesterday VY started his 7th game of the year and led his team to a win over the mighty Indy Colts, a team that the Texans have not beaten in their 5 year existance.
Wow ! Was I wrong about Vince Young !
Vince is a talent. A talent that in some other year I think we should have taken. But this year we needed help on Defense. I think we did the right thing. I hope Vince has a good career except for the games we play him.
Old 12-04-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Vince is Telent, but how can you turn your back on Mario. mario plays his heart out and has made this defense decent.
Who is turning their back on anyone?? All he said was that he was wrong about Vince........ that has nothing to do with Mario.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"Vince Young, is who we thought he is".......
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #5
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Who is turning their back on anyone?? All he said was that he was wrong about Vince........ that has nothing to do with Mario.
No, it is impossible to give credit or discuss the performance of any rookie this year on this board without having some sort of alterior motives.

We can't look at this objectively and be rational, there's no place for that. This is war, and we must choose sides.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
No, it is impossible to give credit or discuss the performance of any rookie this year on this board without having some sort of alterior motives.

We can't look at this objectively and be rational, there's no place for that. This is war, and we must choose sides.
You may want to edit and put a sarcasm smiley in your post. You'd be surprised how many guys around here are sarcasm impaired.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's made me look wrong quite a few times this year. kudos to him.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2006   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I expected VY to struggle for a year or two before blowing up as a phenom.

Count me in as pleasantly surprised at his rapid development.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I expected VY to struggle for a year or two before blowing up as a phenom.

Count me in as pleasantly surprised at his rapid development.
I am also pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a phenom. He has done some incredible "things", but before he can be coveted as the next HOF QB, he may want to improve his passing game a bit.

Ironically though, his average per rush is the same as his average per completion - both are 5.7 (which aint to shabby).
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems I'm right about Gradkowski...so that cancells out my thoughts on VY.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to turn this thread political.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #12
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Y.Y's return to Houston..Smack! Come join me!
Old 12-04-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Vince is Telent, but how can you turn your back on Mario. mario plays his heart out and has made this defense decent.
This thread has nothing to do with Mario, or David Carr, or Reggie Bush, or
anybody but Vince.
It's just an admission about how dumb some people, obviously including this poster, were about VYs chances to succeed in the NFL.
Granted his career is just beginning and no one knows how it will ultimately be
recorded. But at the outset, its lookin pretty dang good.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #14
Orion
Rookie

it hurts...man it hurts.....he's exactly what most of us thought he was....lol......oh well.... another day as a texan fan....:bananasplit:
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
...fans that keep learning and changing their pov's based on the reality of what goes down on the field...
Changing an opinion based on new evidence? That's tantamount to a person admitting they don't know it all and were wrong about something.

While I admit that is interesting in theory, I just don't see how it works in the real world.
Old 12-04-2006   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I was way wrong on VY. I questioned alot about his play and it's ability to translate to the NFL. I thought there was no way we'd see teh same VY in the pro's as we saw at the Rose Bowl.

I've wiped the egg off my face, and I'll take me crow served Peking Duck style. And to all those who tried to conVINCE me I was wrong about Mr. Young; gentleman who have my apologies.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #17
real

Forget being wrong about VY....

I was wrong about CARR....
Old 12-04-2006   #18
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

I knew this thread was going to pop up eventually. I am just sad to see that Superman is on the wrong team.:brickwall
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

As an NFL fan, Young is a QB that I'll enjoy watching immensely. The Titans have a player that has those darn intangibles and elevates the game of everyone around him.

As a Texans fan..... *groan*

I figured VY would be a stud player, but I had no idea it would happen this quickly.
Old 12-04-2006   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Vince has leadership qualities that cannot be taught. Same for Romo.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read