Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #1
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The most important game of Carr's career

I not much for hyperbole, but this weeks game against the Titans is the biggest of Carr's career. He needs to play the game of his life and "lead" the Texans to victory.

He also needs to hope that the "D" has his back again this week and can stifle VY.

There are some in the anti Carr camp who will never be swayed no matter what happens, but this this game will more than likely move people off the fence one way or the other.

I wish Vince the best of luck in his career, just not this week.

Go Texans!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #2
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The most important game of Carr's career

Excellent post. I have been behind Carr for the entirety of his NFL career; however, it is time for him to step up or down. He CANNOT lose to VY at home this year - period.

This should be the most interesting home game we have had in years.
Old 12-04-2006   #3
FanFromCali
Rookie

In reality, this is just like any other game but I think we all know deep down it is not, at least not for Carr.

If Carr does not have a good showing and Young does even though it is not fair Carr will be done at the very least with the fans.

I hate the Titans, and I can't comprehend why any Texan fan would root for an imposing player on another team. But this is what is happening so I guess they only thing I can do is hope the Texans destroy Young and the Titans and Carr has a great day.

Go Texans!
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #4
19-10
Veteran

Senor I love the Avatar - an all time great movie and that line is just perfect.
I can just see Kubes saying that and "don't you eyeball me boy"
Perfect - I needed that laugh this morning
Old 12-04-2006   #5
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-10 View Post
Senor I love the Avatar - an all time great movie and that line is just perfect.
I can just see Kubes saying that and "don't you eyeball me boy"
Perfect - I needed that laugh this morning
My man Stan, not only knows avatars, but he aslo knows destiny. Carr's gotta make this game work. Anything less than a solid victory will not set well with the Texan natives. I'm a Carr fan, but I'm first and foremost a Texans fan.

Go Texans!
Old 12-04-2006   #6
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
I not much for hyperbole, but this weeks game against the Titans is the biggest of Carr's career. He needs to play the game of his life and "lead" the Texans to victory.

He also needs to hope that the "D" has his back again this week and can stifle VY.

There are some in the anti Carr camp who will never be swayed no matter what happens, but this this game will more than likely move people off the fence one way or the other.

I wish Vince the best of luck in his career, just not this week.

Go Texans!
you are correct.
Old 12-04-2006   #7
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i have to agree. lately, this offense has been bad, but blame the offensive line if you want, but i think carr has alot to do with the way things are going for him. he is going to have to play a great game next week coming off of his 30 some yds passing not factoring the sack yardage. everyone is quick to blame the o-line bc they are indeed the ones that have to protect carr. however, i think its hard when teams blitz constantly bc carr never burns them. if carr was stepping up in the pocket and consistently completeing passes for 10+ yards every time they blitz, then they wont bring as many rushers, making the o-lines task easier. carr is just going to have to man up and make plays next week....and not let vanden bosch get in his head. you know vanden bosch is going to want to have a big game as always, so carr is going to have to man up and stay in the pocket.
Old 12-04-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
He needs to play the game of his life and "lead" the Texans to victory.
Not really. What he needs to do most of all, is not fumble the ball and don't throw interceptions. I would imagine kubiak will continue to play very conservatively, especially with how he uses Carr. A very average, but mistake free kind of day is what we need from DC this Sunday.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #9
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

but i hate this conservative *****. i mean, we are 4-8! why cant we just cut these guys loose so we can salvage some fan support!? seeing as how we have 4 wins and are going nowhere, why not play aggressively. its the only way u are going to keep fans interested and the only way u will really figure anything out about the potential of this team for next season
Old 12-04-2006   #10
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
i have to agree. lately, this offense has been bad, but blame the offensive line if you want, but i think carr has alot to do with the way things are going for him. he is going to have to play a great game next week coming off of his 30 some yds passing not factoring the sack yardage. everyone is quick to blame the o-line bc they are indeed the ones that have to protect carr. however, i think its hard when teams blitz constantly bc carr never burns them. if carr was stepping up in the pocket and consistently completeing passes for 10+ yards every time they blitz, then they wont bring as many rushers, making the o-lines task easier. carr is just going to have to man up and make plays next week....and not let vanden bosch get in his head. you know vanden bosch is going to want to have a big game as always, so carr is going to have to man up and stay in the pocket.
I agree Carr needs to step up in the pocket more, or even step to the side sometimes but honestly in the raiders game there was NO POCKET to step up into he got the worst protection he's got all year in that game. and the recievers were covered more often than not. andre knows how to find the soft underneath spot in the cover 2, he needs to learn how to find the seams also. eric winston needs to play guard until he gets his assignments and reads straightened out, he got blown up several times yesterday.
Old 12-04-2006   #11
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Not really. What he needs to do most of all, is not fumble the ball and don't throw interceptions. I would imagine kubiak will continue to play very conservatively, especially with how he uses Carr. A very average, but mistake free kind of day is what we need from DC this Sunday.
I agree that in order to win the GAME, this is the recipe for success.

To win the FANS David needs to do something special.

I would settle for a victory, but given the climate of most posters this week, a win is not enough.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Agree with Stan, very important game for Carr. And unfortunately Vince has two aces up his sleeve that David doesn't; a dependable running game and line that gives you more than 2 seconds to throw. Saying that David needs to overcome this and win or he will be as popular as Bud Adams in the Houston Area.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to be ugly at Reliant next week. I think at least half the stadium will be double-crossing fans who will be rooting for the Titans (i.e. Young). Carr will have a hostile environment in his own house!

I'd like to see DC rise to the occassion...he is our QB, after all....but I would not be surprised if he tries too hard and comes out flat, too. It's one of those perplexing questions that is born from the inconsistent.

Hopefully Texans fans will support this team and give them a homefield advantage this week.

LOUD, PROUD, & TEXAN!
Old 12-04-2006   #14
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

At the very least, the Texans need to win this game. Carr needs the win and a respectable showing, or the Carr bashing will only get worse. I'm not a Carr basher, but I at least realize that.
Old 12-04-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Carr needs the win and a respectable showing, or the Carr bashing will only get worse.
He'll have to do a lot more than that...

I don't think the bashing will stop until David is gone...

Not only do I not think he's capable of leading us to greener pastures, but he'd have to do a lot of leading to reverse this "Carr sucks" mentality....
Old 12-04-2006   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
He'll have to do a lot more than that...

I don't think the bashing will stop until David is gone...

Not only do I not think he's capable of leading us to greener pastures, but he'd have to do a lot of leading to reverse this "Carr sucks" mentality....
Agreed. I think it's already over for Mr. Carr. This upcoming game might be the biggest of his career, but likely only because he needs to have a good showing so we can shop him around the league. The time for showing what he's made of is over. It's time to move on....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #17
kingh99

has already been played.
Old 12-04-2006   #18
Orion
Rookie

All i can say is i wish him the best, i don't think he can win with his habits and the lack of talent around him........... might as well come out bangin
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #19
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's going to be ugly at Reliant next week. I think at least half the stadium will be double-crossing fans who will be rooting for the Titans (i.e. Young). Carr will have a hostile environment in his own house!

I'd like to see DC rise to the occassion...he is our QB, after all....but I would not be surprised if he tries too hard and comes out flat, too. It's one of those perplexing questions that is born from the inconsistent.

Hopefully Texans fans will support this team and give them a homefield advantage this week.

LOUD, PROUD, & TEXAN!
Carr is going to have to deal with Vince Young fans as well as David Carr haters. About 2/3 of the stadium will be against him.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #20
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Carr is going to have to deal with Vince Young fans as well as David Carr haters. About 2/3 of the stadium will be against him.
I plan on having some buddies join me. My kids stay home for this game. One game of the year I am going to let loose and have a couple of pops. Haven't done that all season. Who wants to bet David Carr gets wind of some of this hate and comes out with an attitude and plays better? I like what Kubiak is doing with him. Challenging him and giving him the business for the rest of the team to see. That fires up guys that Gary aint putting up with this BS.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read