Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WHAT do u carr lovers propose???

whats it gunna take for u guys to give carr some blame?? how many pro bowlers does this line need for u guys to finally lay the wood to his bhutt? If its the line, how much do u guys wanna overpay for some oliine??? or how about we draft some oline and give carr another 3 years until the line gel's?
lets look at the titans oline, what do they have??? mawae? olsen? would they make enough of a difference for u guys?? would we beat the giants or the colts if we had those guys???? would carr lead us to victory then??
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: WHAT do u carr lovers propose???

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
whats it gunna take for u guys to give carr some blame?? how many pro bowlers does this line need for u guys to finally lay the wood to his bhutt? If its the line, how much do u guys wanna overpay for some oliine??? or how about we draft some oline and give carr another 3 years until the line gel's?
lets look at the titans oline, what do they have??? mawae? olsen? would they make enough of a difference for u guys?? would we beat the giants or the colts if we had those guys???? would carr lead us to victory then??

So are you finally admitting this is a bad football team and a bad offensive line?

Or are you so blind to think that ONLY CARR plays bad?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #3
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:

No! We'll just let him keep playing behind this same old *******y O-line. Eventually he will look like a bus has ran him over repeatedly. Then we can drag him behind a pickup truck all the way out of town. Make you happy now?
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #4
mean mark8
Veteran

I think Carr should go to the Colts. It's obviously their o-line that makes that team great. Or the Patriots, remember how pathetic their o-line was until they got that immobile Bledsoe out of there for Brady. Wait, is it the o-line or the QB here???
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

The Colts O-line is pretty good, bute GET AWAY with a lot of stuff
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
or how about we draft some oline and give carr another 3 years until the line gel's?
Three years to gel??

the Jets have two rookies on their OL.... they didn't need three years to gel.

The Cowboys have three new starters on their OL..... MarcColombo, Marco Rivera, & Kyle Kosier..... all reasonably paid FAs. & they aren't looking to gel in the next two years.

Just saying..... you don't need three years to gel.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #7
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

The question is, what is proposed by Carr haters. And I mean realistic propositions, because realistically, 1) your going to get just another mediocre QB to blame all the problems on, 2) he's being paid too much to leave. I'm not a Carr lover or a hater, but it seems obvious to me that replacing one position is not going to make this team playoff potential.
Old 12-04-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheus_Rex View Post
The question is, what is proposed by Carr haters. And I mean realistic propositions, because realistically, 1) your going to get just another mediocre QB to blame all the problems on, 2) he's being paid too much to leave. I'm not a Carr lover or a hater, but it seems obvious to me that replacing one position is not going to make this team playoff potential.
I propose that we let it go another year. Let Kubiak finish what he started. Or at least try to.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #9
Zac
Rookie

Carr is afraid of making mistakes.

He knows that the EYES of Houston are on him. There are the people who have been gunning for his head, but now there are the Vince fans who've turned on him. And their brothers included also turned on them. That means a whole heck of a lots and lots of people!

If you see him, he makes the throws. But he doesn't lead.

He is every bit as talented a Quarterback as most NFL fans would be happy with. But he lacks the intangibles.

The thing is that in the past it wasn't his fault they lost, but he took the fault. Now, it is his fault. He's can't pick up his teamates when they are having bad days. Great quarterbacks know how to step it up when one area of the team ain't working. HE JUST GOES THROUGH THE MOTIONS!!!

Carr just got a lot of money this summer. Because he is an amply physically talented quarterback. But, if the guys around him don't beleive in him, and he can't get their respect, HE MUST EXIT THE SITUATION!!

Cut your losses Texans. Carr hasn't figured out how to pick up his teamates in 5 fricken years. It's not always his fault, but he's never does anything special. Let's face it, people keep jobs because they go above the call of duty. When a guy is making 10 million dollars a years, it sort of expected.

Bye bye Carr!!!
Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #10
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post

Well same thing can be said of the Carr lover's. We have changed coaches and we got some decent offensive linemen. They still complain that its either the coaches fault or its the offensive lineman's fault. Its our turn to have a change and it seems to be the QB's fault.
I think it's the team's fault. I don't understand how anyone can think that there would be that big of a change in one season.
Old 12-04-2006   #11
phan1
All Pro

He was really horrible today. I'm really thinking we should start grooming another QB, cause I'm not sure how long this Carr experiment is going to last. He had a terrible game today, and while the Oline was bad, they did allow Carr a chance to make a play. He wasn't able to make any today. He was almost as bad as in the Titans game. Absolutely patheic, and there isn't anyone on that offense that you could stick your finger at other than Carr. There were windows of opportunitied for him today, even though they were small. Good QBs find a way to make things happen when given that chance. Carr didn't do it today. He was abysmal.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

What scares me about Carr is that he's had, what some would call the best QB-coach in the league, to tutor him for the last 10 months, yet he still makes tons of real stupid mistakes. Is he beyond reach, I think he may be.
Old 12-04-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

you guys are relentless, Yes Carr had a horrible game and deserves the criticism.

my problem with you haters is there is no objectivity.

When Carr's stats are good we get a "L" all you haters jump on the bandwagon of only "W's " and "L's" matter and the TEAM lost.

(buffalo thread ring a bell?)

Thanks to Demeco, we got a "W" and now it is about Carr's stats ...(I thought stats didn't matter just "Ws" and "L's"?

pick a side of the fence and stay with it
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #14
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I propose that we let it go another year. Let Kubiak finish what he started. Or at least try to.
I don't know Coach will ever be able to fix Carr's problem in another year but one thing is clear Dom Capers was given 3 years to show improvements with the team before he was let go and the same time table stands for Gary Kubiak.

Coach K has the work cut out for him to get this team to 500 ball club or better by end of three years. This is coach K first year as a Texan Coach. So now Kubiak has two more years to produce results. He has to show this team is headed in the right direction and is closer to play off during this time duration.

(We are paying the price for all our wasted draft picks and bad personnel move over past 4 years).

For all the Carr lovers that wants him to stick around one more year, I have a feeling that if Texans don't find replacement for Carr this off season (draft or free agency) then we might see both Carr and Kubiak leave at the same time. David Carr's contracts runs another 2 years after this one. NFL is a business and every year coaches get fired because they didn't meet the expectations and Kubiak is not exception to this rule. He will be provided for all the resources necessary to improve the team with Carr or with out Carr.

I am not a Carr lover or hater but one thing is very clear to me that Carr is nothing more then a below average game manager and in order for him to succeed he needs studs at every position because he is not capable of bringing the team back on his shoulders like Payton Manning, Rivers or some of the elite QB.

Five years a long time for any kind of QB to show what he has and so far Carr has not shown anything to us. Sometimes I wonder what kind of learning curve is he on. I am sure Brady Quinn or Kevin Kolb don't require the same learning curve as Carr has been on.

Last edited by dbspi; 12-04-2006 at 07:49 AM.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #15
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I have stood behind Carr through thick and thin, but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. I also don't know how much longer my patience will last with this organizations' inability to find decent and consistent pass protection. The fumbles can't be pinned on the oline. The sacks can't be even near all David's fault. The bottom line (no pun intended) is that none of it makes you feel excited and confident about the Texans' chances each Sunday.

My wife talked me into keeping my season tickets this year. I doubt, at this point, that she will be able to repeat the feat next year. I'm frustrated and just plain tired of paying big entertainment money for marginal entertainment value. The tickets and the parking passes are expensive enough, but then you have the gasoline, tailgating goodies, concessions, gear, etc to pay for.

I'm sick and tired, and I just can't take it anymore.

They say in the NFL that it is all about getting a 'W' anyway you can, but I would argue that the way this team plays offense is offensive to my senses.
Old 12-04-2006   #16
Keldar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post

.....we got some decent offensive linemen.
I curious as to exactly who you think that is. No need to name them, cuz I would not agree to call any of our linemen better than mediocre. Spencer showed promise, but that has been a moot point for several games now.

Don't get me wrong, Carr has numerous faults associated with pocket presence and happy feet. However, for a second or two, you must have a pocket to be present in. With our line, he doesn't have even that a lot of the time.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #17
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I observe about how Carr had some great days statistically it's recorded. When I read about the QB standings and he was in the top 2 in certain areas. When I watch about Carr having a good day but they lose. When I hear about all the OL injuries and running back changes and injuries(DD) of rookies and vets. When I watch losing a few games by less than seven. When I read about presently the winning record is better than years past with four games yet to play. So after all this Carr has a bad day yesterday and guess what they win. Sounds more like anything other than a Carr problem. It may be a small part to a larger formula to putting wins in column. I say wait for all the year ending injuries to recover next year, most players will have another year together, draft and FA fill other positions i.e. OL, RB DB's, future young QB, and give the Kube more than one year to keep turning it around for godsake.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
you guys are relentless, Yes Carr had a horrible game and deserves the criticism.

my problem with you haters is there is no objectivity.

When Carr's stats are good we get a "L" all you haters jump on the bandwagon of only "W's " and "L's" matter and the TEAM lost.
Just for the record, I'm not a Carr hater, in general I don't 'hate' anyone
Old 12-04-2006   #19
FanFromCali
Rookie

There is way too much emphasis put on a QB in regards to the success of a team.

At this point even though I have supported him over the years I have to say Carr probably isn't the future of this franchise. But I also don't think anyone with any sense of how football is played or general objectivity can say:

1. He is the worst part of the team.

2. He is the direct reason why the Texans lose games.

3. Another QB would take this team into the playoffs.

If this team were a science experiment any eight-grade Biology student would laugh at the theory that Carr is the reason for the losses. The fact remains that there are way too many X-factors to put it all on him. It is hard to admit this but the Texans are horrible. No real running game to count on, WR that drop passes, and perhaps the worst offensive line in football. Again, too many X-factors to put this all on Carr.

One last point, which team do you honestly think would have a better record this season? Peyton Manning with the Texans or Carr with the Colts? Honestly I believe you have to go with Carr. Ask the Bears, Ravens, and Broncos whether or not having a below average QB will destroy a team. Conversely, ask the Bengals how much having a great QB has helped them. Not much this year with the rest of the team struggling.

Does all of this mean will should accept mediocrity from the QB position? No. But does it mean that replacing Carr without fixing the other problems on the team is going to equal success? Absolutely not.

BTW, the Titans suck and I hate them. Just thought I would add that for no particular reason than it is true.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromCali View Post
Does all of this mean will should accept mediocrity from the QB position? No. But does it mean that replacing Carr without fixing the other problems on the team is going to equal success? Absolutely not.
I highlighted this statement because it was said as if it were a truism....

Question: Do you think there were fans just like you in Dallas before Romo became the guy ?

I'm pretty sure there were fans complaining about the line.....The running game...The defense.....

But low and behold a single change of the QB and all of a sudden the Cowboys are on top of the world....You'd be surprised what good pocket presence can do for a TEAM...

Question: If losing a QB can have the affect of making a team horrible....Why can't the opposite be true ? The Colts are better with Manning....worse without him....The Patriots....It can even be said for other positions....Texans Defense is better with Meco.....I'd hate to think of it without him.....See......1 player can affect the team....

It would be nice if we could get all of those "other things" fixed....It would be nice if we could have a defense as good as that Ravens Superbowl team....But we don't....Winning teams in the NFL have always been highlighted by good QB play....David Carr had -5 passing yards yesterday....There is no way that we excel as a team on special teams...defense...and running the ball...and then manage to leave with less passing yards than we came with......LMAO!!!!....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read