Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who are you for this Sunday?
Texans 33 76.74%
Titans 6 13.95%
Texans win but Vince has a big game 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2006   #1
DenverBorn
Veteran

Default Who are you pulling for this Sunday?

I always hated the Titans until they drafted VY. Now I'll be pulling for them this Sunday. I want McNair and Kubiak to see, in person, how badly they screwed up.
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who are you pulling for this Sunday?

here you go www.titansonline.com and you can read about them in person
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be cheering for the Texans.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #4
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Yeah, I wish like hell I was rooting for the Texans this next Sunday, but I'm most certianly not. It really is a crappy situation, a lot of diehard fans were put in an awkward situation when the Texans passed on Vince.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey! That question was easier than my Anthropology final!

Old 12-03-2006   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

lol......the home team
Old 12-03-2006   #7
FanFromCali
Rookie

If you are cheering for the Titans and Vince Young then everything I heard about Texas football fans is false. God, country, team. Period.

I want the Texans to break Vince "flavor of the month" Young in half.

Last edited by FanFromCali; 12-03-2006 at 08:25 PM.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

some of y'all need to see a shrink .. We didn't get Vince, we didnt' get Roy Williams, we didn't get Michael Huff.. get over it. take some therapy or get madden 2006 and make the trade for VY and ease your pain.

I like Vince and yes I wish he could have come to Houston, but he didn't. I have accepted that fact and the team is going to move forward.

Some of y'all are no better then ESPiN and their Reggie clips being shown over and over except it is Vince posts posted over and over on many different threads and every week.
Old 12-03-2006   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBorn View Post
I always hated the Titans until they drafted VY. Now I'll be pulling for them this Sunday. I want McNair and Kubiak to see, in person, how badly they screwed up.
Nice Logic.

Im pulling for the Texans.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure what kind of fan you are, but most fans root for their team no matter what. If you think your team made a blunder in the draft, you should never root against them anyway. I thought the Texans made a mistake in passing Reggie Bush initially, but if we played the Saints the first game of the season, I wouldn't root for the Saints just to give the Texans a piece of my mind. That's just plain stupid.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #11
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
some of y'all need to see a shrink .. We didn't get Vince, we didnt' get Roy Williams, we didn't get Michael Huff.. get over it. take some therapy or get madden 2006 and make the trade for VY and ease your pain.
I'm a MUCH bigger Texans fan than Longhorns fan, so that logic doesn't work in my case. I saw greatness in VY and wanted him as our qb, simple as that.
Old 12-03-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis View Post
I'm a MUCH bigger Texans fan than Longhorns fan, so that logic doesn't work in my case. I saw greatness in VY and wanted him as our qb, simple as that.
well you can insert anybody that we didn't draft on there. Bottom line is "player x" is not with this team.. blame Kubiak.
Old 12-03-2006   #13
DenverBorn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
well you can insert anybody that we didn't draft on there. Bottom line is "player x" is not with this team.. blame Kubiak.
That's cr*p. It's not like VY came out of nowhere. We should have drafted him - many of us said it before the draft - and I am still extremely annoyed that we didn't. I sold my four Club level PSLs when we didn't draft him. Not only because we werent going to have him but because it confirmed how incompetent this team's ownership/management/coaching truly is. And all we've seen this year confirms it, both the greatness that VY will become as well as the ineptitude down at Reliant Stadium. I am now looking for the exclamation point, which is for VY to come down to his hometown and beat the cr*p out of the team and the coaching staff that should have picked him
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #14
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

hey could you add an option. texans but vy has 6 int. and is sacked 10 times.

that would be my choice.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #15
travfrancis
Veteran

Quote:
It's just so frustrating. It's probably hard to understand for someone who didn't see this coming.

For people who believe in VY, it's not just like passing on a star player. We really think that this guy is the difference between winning superbowls and not. To understand you have to be able to appreciate how highly we think of Vince Young's potential, I know it sounds ridiculous to project this kind of hype on someone but I really do think he could end up being the greatest football player to ever play in the NFL. He has a very unique skillset combined with some of the best intangibles I've personally ever seen in a player in any sport. He's just on a completely different level than any other player IMO.

I realize all of that probably sounds like hyperbole to alot of you guys, but that's honestly how I feel and how I have for a year now.

Last edited by travfrancis; 12-03-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2006   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's cr*p. It's not like VY came out of nowhere. We should have drafted him - many of us said it before the draft - and I am still extremely annoyed that we didn't. I sold my four Club level PSLs when we didn't draft him. Not only because we werent going to have him but because it confirmed how incompetent this team's ownership/management/coaching truly is. And all we've seen this year confirms it, both the greatness that VY will become as well as the ineptitude down at Reliant Stadium. I am now looking for the exclamation point, which is for VY to come down to his hometown and beat the cr*p out of the team and the coaching staff that should have picked him
We've heard this story before, unfortunately. At some point you said you were done with the Texans and were going to leave the Message Board for good....

What ever happened to that idea?
Old 12-03-2006   #17
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Through the bad times and the future good time have been and will be a TEXAN fan for life.
Don't care about a player unless he wears Steel Blue, Liberty White, or Battle Red.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #18
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
On the other hand, I hope his luck runs out on Sunday.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis View Post
It's just so frustrating. It's probably hard to understand for someone who didn't see this coming.

For people who believe in VY, it's not just like passing on a star player. We really think that this guy is the difference between winning superbowls and not. To understand you have to be able to appreciate how highly we think of Vince Young's potential, I know it sounds ridiculous to project this kind of hype on someone but I really do think he could end up being the greatest football player to ever play in the NFL. He has a very unique skillset combined with some of the best intangibles I've personally ever seen in a player in any sport. He's just on a completely different level than any other player IMO.

I realize all of that probably sounds like hyperbole to alot of you guys, but that's honestly how I feel and how I have for a year now.

who's to say? did we get Olajuwan or Jordan? (as some like to throw around)
Old 12-03-2006   #20
travfrancis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
On the other hand, I hope his luck runs out on Sunday.
Judging by your avator it looks like you've been waiting a long time for that "luck" to run out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read