Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2006   #81
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The day mario got lapped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyo View Post
How do you explain how Barry Sanders is viewed?
personally, I view him as the only good reason to watch the Lions play in his era. Great players on bad teams are still fun to watch....but not mediocre players that are supposed to be great but really aren't

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #82
real

That's the kind of Logic that would lead you to say Dilfer was better than Marino.....
Old 12-04-2006   #83
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
It was a christmas gift from a diehard UT fan. Kind of making of fun of me. And I watched it cause it was an exciting game. And cause I love football. And as for OU being being crap without Texas Players, maybe so but they won the big 12 champioship this year and have more national championships than UT ever will. And by the way, I guarantee you that UT would have won the another title this year if vince would have stayed.
Yep your right.......I hate Vince Young......yep thats it...

I only rooted for the guy all his years at UT.

Also OU is going down, Mack Brown has put a stop to all the Elite Texas talent leaving the state. Stoops is going to have to rely on Texas and A&M castoffs.....

UT......pre Colt McCoy injury was by far the best team in the big twelve and they will be next year too. Enjoy your little championship this year though.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #84
dantem
Veteran

Hm... Our Offence took the game off yesterday, and our defense took over and won. how well would Vince have done if his defense took the day off?

BTW/ I was impressed with RB for the first time yesterday, he ran well. Vince on the other hand only supplies moral support to his team, his level of play is pretty average.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #85
Orion
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
Hm... Our Offence took the game off yesterday, and our defense took over and won. how well would Vince have done if his defense took the day off?

BTW/ I was impressed with RB for the first time yesterday, he ran well. Vince on the other hand only supplies moral support to his team, his level of play is pretty average.
thats ridiculous, you obviously didn't watch the game.....did you see how many third downs he ran for, in the clutch situations,when the game was on the line, when most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away or got minimal yardage, he is making the nfl look like college games......anyone who can't see that is :brickwall ...
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #86
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
thats ridiculous, you obviously didn't watch the game.....did you see how many third downs he ran for, in the clutch situations,when the game was on the line, when most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away or got minimal yardage, he is making the nfl look like college games......anyone who can't see that is :brickwall ...
For a QB In th NFL who runs a lot :brickwall = a short career. I hope for his sake he finds a passing game.

Look back at the other QB's that have had to run the ball a lot. Most of them last about 2 years because of injuries. That approach does not work well in the NFL.

and your right, I did not see the whole game. The part I saw looked just like the other games that the Titans have won, in spite of his college level performance.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #87
swoldier
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
retarded...........

the texans weren't drafting a QB.........vince is null and void.......sorry
The texans were criticized for passing on R. Bush, the same guy who isn't even the best back on his own team..........News flash everybody the Texans for once made the right move......Mario forced how many holding penalties today and QB pressure., why did we win today.......pressure and defense. Vince might turn into a great player in this league...........but guess what.....so will Mario.

Its about filling holes....this year we made a switch on defensive schemes and we were bleeding at DE, we got a good one........not to mention one of the best LBs in the league. Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.
Hell yeah i totally agree with you. Everybody needs to quit whining about the pick because if you havent noticed Mario is playing really well for a rookie defensive end. He is a constant force to deal with out there on that field, and plus reggie had one good day scoring td's against the who the 49ers please give me a break im sure Lundy could do the same thing if we had a quarterback that knew wtf he was doing and actually moved the ball so lundy could get those easy 5 yard td's. Mario by far was the right choice to make.
Old 12-05-2006   #88
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever gave me negative rep and put the reason as "Go Home" ... I am at home...on my computer...
Old 12-05-2006   #89
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Everything you just listed could be said for the texans

the texans didn't want to win, missed FG, too many forced (to say the radiers TOS weren't forced is laughable) turnovers to count....its all a wash

The Texans were stuck in bad Field position all day, especially in the first half, if was the texans DEFENSE that stepped up and made difference.......it was the texans DEFENSE THAT WON US THE GAME.
yes our defense played well, but our special teams played their best game of the year, lets not forget that, 2 huge returns late in the game, 3 key fieldgoals. great work by the coverage team to limit a very good return guy on oakland. Id say its a toss up between the 2, it wasnt all defense, lets not forget some excelent running in the 2nd half also.
Old 12-05-2006   #90
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

now as far as the draft thing goes, mario does what we hired him to do, he creates chaos on the line, changes formations and pressures the QB. I'm glad we got him. what we should be talking about though is prolly the best LB taken in the draft in quite some time, Demeco Ryans. he is a beast and we stole the prize at the draft IMHO.
Old 12-05-2006   #91
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Whoever gave me negative rep and put the reason as "Go Home" ... I am at home...on my computer...
Not very Texan of them. I'd give you some, but I need to spread some around.

After all, Tejas means "friend." If you don't believe me, go watch Pee Wee's Big Adventure.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #92
Nevimeister
Rookie

What you should have done was traded down. If the Texans had then they would have received an extra 1st round pick either this year from the Jets or next year from the Titans. Bush would have gone #1, A.J. Hawk #2 to the Saints then either Young to the Titans at #3 if the Jets trade up or sit at #3. Either way you save money, gain draft picks and most likely still get Mario Williams. Even if he is off the board at #4 you still get D'Brickashaw and it's not like you couldn't use offensive line help
Nevimeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #93
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

And why would they trade up with the Texans again? It takes two to tango.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #94
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevimeister View Post
What you should have done was traded down. If the Texans had then they would have received an extra 1st round pick either this year from the Jets or next year from the Titans. Bush would have gone #1, A.J. Hawk #2 to the Saints then either Young to the Titans at #3 if the Jets trade up or sit at #3. Either way you save money, gain draft picks and most likely still get Mario Williams. Even if he is off the board at #4 you still get D'Brickashaw and it's not like you couldn't use offensive line help

Geeeez, why didn't our crack front office think about that... Seriously though, I think only offer that was out there (allegedly) was the Jets offering a 1st and a 3rd.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #95
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevimeister View Post
I agree

Signed,
Madden football video game franchise mode

(it takes two to tango - the Saints, Jets nor the Titans were going to give a future #1 to move up and take the player they got where they stayed)

Old 12-05-2006   #96
wolfscar
Veteran

I like that this thread started out with '...I'm not gonna start with the comparisons with mario, vince and reggie...'

Just to throw my own 2 cents into the melting pot, I don't think Mario is anywhere near being lapped.
- Vince's team had its game of the season thanks - largely - to their defense and to a decent performance from Young himself.
- Reggie Bush is going to be a massively potent player in this league in years to come and (regardless of what a few people are saying in this thread) he showed a few flashes of it on Sunday. He made a lot of yards for his team and scored some good touchdowns.
- Mario is playing injured and is still causing major problems for every team he faces, week on week.

For the season I place them Mario, Vince, Reggie at this point, in terms of what they've added to their teams. If Vince was in Houston he might be putting up big numbers, but he'd be getting sacked a whole lot more too. If Reggie was in Houston he might be putting up big numbers but most likely he'd be dancing around the backfield every play waiting for our line to figure out how to block.

We picked Mario. He's doing great. Nuff said.
Old 12-05-2006   #97
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Amazing how people in this message board are. Y'all settle for mediocracy, or less.

VY was the right answer. He has all of the intangibles that Carr will never had. He is a natural proven winner, A leader, A guy that will stick up for his team and vice versa.

We let him go, now he will make us eat dirt on sunday.
Old 12-05-2006   #98
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You may be right...but I know I don't want to ever see Mario go up against our line. He's a beast. I'm happy with him here.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #99
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
You're right....

Nothing like a defeatest attitude.

We are about to play our 13th game of the season. VY did not get picked (sorry T'sip homers), Bush did not get picked (sorry.... whatever Bush fans are called)... Get over it.

Go Texans and beat the Tennessee Youngs.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #100
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfranco_utexas View Post
Amazing how people in this message board are. Y'all settle for mediocracy, or less.

VY was the right answer. He has all of the intangibles that Carr will never had. He is a natural proven winner, A leader, A guy that will stick up for his team and vice versa.

I agree....way too many of our fans just accept rotten play and seem to be ok with guys never reaching their potential. I'm only happy with the Mario pick if Carr proves to be a franchise QB. So far after most of the '06 season we have a 3-4 end playing a 4-3 tackle and a mediocre QB that can only win if the other players make plays.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read