Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2006   #61
TNTitan
Veteran

Default Re: The day mario got lapped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
they both won but neither had great performances..they were both decent- exactly like mario(who had a good enough game imo)...

vince threw 2 ints in the red zone but the D and special teams won it..along with vinces 2 good tds and runs..good game by him but he didnt 'win' it
bush wasnt great at all..same problems as usual- he dances way too much.. got 4 tds but they were all nothing special
i disagree, holding Colts ToP to 12:00 min or so in 2nd half Vince converting 3rd down did with this for us!
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I never asserted that any of them stink. I'm just stating that two have an advantage right now. But it can change. Like I said, it's a marathon.
McLeon's INT was because Mario hit Brooks' arm.... Mario had a very good day, and judging by the performance of the rest of our DL all year, we'd have lost this game had it not been for Mario.

No doubt that Vince & Reggie look flashier....... but I honestly think Mario had just as much an impact on his team as they did on theirs.

Wow, Cutler just threw a 9 yard pass that turned into a 71 yard TD pass.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #63
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mario was lapped by Reggie, he was already ahead by 2 laps anyway.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
P.S.

what kind of Sooner fan follows and tapes a TEXAS game. I could absolutey care less what OU does, after all yall can't do crap without half your players being recruted from texas anyways...............
It was the National Championship game.

Michael Huff, D.Jarrette, Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Jamal Charles, Vince Young, Matt Lienart, Darnell Bing, Limas Sweed, Dave Thomas......

who didn't record that game??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #65
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTitan View Post
i disagree, holding Colts ToP to 12:00 min or so in 2nd half Vince converting 3rd down did with this for us!
it was a total team effort.....good job by your defense keeping the colts from scoring inside their 5..........good win.....good job.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #66
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Didnt a few weeks ago Mario HAVE MORE rushing yards than Reggie Bush; ZERO?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #67
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Didnt a few weeks ago Mario HAVE MORE rushing yards than Reggie Bush; ZERO?
You know, I always wondered..........

I know Mario played RB briefly in high school........

I would love it if they gave Mario the ball in a goalline situation and he scored.
Old 12-04-2006   #68
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i watched most of the game(flicking back and forth) and he didnt do much- saw all the tds- nothing special..did you just look at the stats or did i miss something???
Absolutely agree with you. His TDs weren't anything special, nothing Deuce couldn't have done himself. Defintiely take Mario over Reggie and day of the week. VY however.... You could build a ggod case for that...
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #69
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

WALI LUNDY
Year G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD
2006 9 6 106 415 3.9 35 3

REGGIE BUSH
Year G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD
2006 11 3 109 331 3.0 18 4

Going with OUR team needs, Lundy looks much better than Bush. Bush has the catches, but with Dominick Davis out, a 6th round pick is beating out GOD BUSH in rushing
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #70
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!
this is the problem right here. Michael Huff, Aaron Harris, Rod Wright...all those guys that stopped LenDale on 4th down will never get anywhere near as much credit as Vince despite the fact that had they not stoped White on 4th down, USC would be champs. VY had 40 pass attempts and was not sacked. Is anyone going to say Justin Blaylock, Will Allen and Jonathan Scott had huge impacts on the game? No. Football is a team sport, its not just about the guy with the ball.
Old 12-04-2006   #71
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ahh......What player is considered a project.......let me see a player that is projected to learn how to play QB all over again, because he didn't play it in college. The option isn't run in the NFL. Also you must not be a die hard UT fan, because being one, I'm completely sick of people saying Vince won that game all by himself. Oh wait Huff's INT at the 1 yard line didn't make a difference, oh wait the forced fumble on the wr didn't make a difference, oh wait the hussle play and fumble recovery on Bush (the almighty) didn't make a difference, oh wait just about every clutch (and I say clutch, becuase he caught some poorly thrown balls) catch that David Thomas made on every 3rd down play for a first didn't make a difference (just about all his catches were for first), oh wait the 4th and 1 stop that allowed Texas to have a chance to come back and win didn't make a difference.

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!
I donno...Texas pre-Vince Young and post Vince Young aren't as good as the Longhorns with Vince Young (some said their coach couldn't win the big games). The Titans were 9-23 before Vince young and now they are 5-2 his last 7 starts....I think this VY guy just may be pretty good.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #72
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I donno...Texas pre-Vince Young and post Vince Young aren't as good as the Longhorns with Vince Young (some said their coach couldn't win the big games). The Titans were 9-23 before Vince young and now they are 5-2 his last 7 starts....I think this VY guy just may be pretty good.
I'm not down playing Vince, just giving credit where credit is due. Titans D has been playing great as of late, especially at forcing TOs

Also with Texas.......McCoy getting injured had alot to do with them dropping the last two games. So did losing David Thomas and Micheal Huff and Rodrique Wright, I could go on. You can't win the title every year.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #73
Keldar
Veteran

I especially like the way Wince Stung caused Indy to have numerous penalties and turnovers. Then to top it off, he kicked a 60 plus yard field goal to win the game for the Titans.

He really is a diety!!!
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #74
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
P.S.

what kind of Sooner fan follows and tapes a TEXAS game. I could absolutey care less what OU does, after all yall can't do crap without half your players being recruted from texas anyways...............
It was a christmas gift from a diehard UT fan. Kind of making of fun of me. And I watched it cause it was an exciting game. And cause I love football. And as for OU being being crap without Texas Players, maybe so but they won the big 12 champioship this year and have more national championships than UT ever will. And by the way, I guarantee you that UT would have won the another title this year if vince would have stayed.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #75
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
this is the problem right here. Michael Huff, Aaron Harris, Rod Wright...all those guys that stopped LenDale on 4th down will never get anywhere near as much credit as Vince despite the fact that had they not stoped White on 4th down, USC would be champs. VY had 40 pass attempts and was not sacked. Is anyone going to say Justin Blaylock, Will Allen and Jonathan Scott had huge impacts on the game? No. Football is a team sport, its not just about the guy with the ball.
I know football is a team sport. I played football all through high school. Ut had a good team last year. They have had many athletes. But they wouldn't have won it all last year if they didn't have vince. They would have hade a nice team. Probably gone to the sugar bowl with a 10-2 record, but no national champioship. Take manning away from the colts, brady away from the patriots, or ladianian away from the chargers. The're still decent teams but nothing compared to what they are right now. Many people have this concept that chapionships are won with everyone pulling together and picking each other up and that everyone is equally talented. For the most part, championships are won with several good players and one or two very special players.
Old 12-04-2006   #76
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow there you go again........You know what else is amazing...its amazing our defense couldn't do crap at the start of the season.......many fans were calling for the D coords. head, but as the season rolled on so did the Texan's D.......just like the Titan's....... crack man, pack man jones is having a great year.....obviously your not watching

I also have the Rose Bowl on tape....best game ever, and UT would not have been beat 50-21..... without Vince. get real. USC's defense sucked flat out....they sucked

Vince is a good rookie QB.....is he the answer to every problem the Texans have (I say this because you act like he was the answer to all UTs woes, even though McCoy broke most freshman QB records)........no
Dude, you just hate vince cause he's with the titans.I figured you out. Your a big time texan homer and will not give any other player on another team credit. What in the world did UT ever do before vince got there. I think they last won a champiosnship in the 50's or 60's. And then vince gets there and takes a talented team over the hump and wins the title. And what happened after he left. Three losses this season.
Old 12-04-2006   #77
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't fogret to add a forced fumble to Reggie's stats.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, you just hate vince cause he's with the titans.I figured you out. Your a big time texan homer and will not give any other player on another team credit. What in the world did UT ever do before vince got there. I think they last won a champiosnship in the 50's or 60's. And then vince gets there and takes a talented team over the hump and wins the title. And what happened after he left. Three losses this season.
And yet as an Aggie, I'm worried about this true freshman that Texas had this year who got injured... Whats he going to be like as a sophomore?? Junior?? The only question for McCoywill be if he can have the same talent around him for the next two - three seasons that VY had around him. If so, then I think Texas will be in good shape for another national title --- without VY....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #79
boyo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The comparisons between Vince, Reggie, and Mario are not always going to be on the individual level as they are now. Ultimately, what will be compared is how the franchises did while they were with the team. If Reggie Bush is on the Saints for 10 years, but they are continuous losers for most of those years, Reggie Bush will not be in such favorable light as he is now. Now if in those same 10 years, the Texans go to the playoffs almost every year, Mario will probably be seen more favorably. Same goes for Vince Young. The players individual statistics isn't always going to carry the day. Last time I checked, the NFL is the ultimate team sport.
How do you explain how Barry Sanders is viewed?
boyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #80
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyo View Post
How do you explain how Barry Sanders is viewed?
Hmmm, Barry Sanders will always be remembered as the Lousy Lions went for all those years.....??

Good point and now've you done it..

You asked a question that defies all logic on this board. Geeez.. :brickwall
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read