Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2006   #41
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Default Re: The day mario got lapped...

Hasn't this gotten old yet? Who give a big sh!t about Bush and Young? You are trying to compare a QB, RB, and DE for crying out loud. We drafted Mario, if you don't like it, pull for the Saints or Titans.
Old 12-03-2006   #42
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NederlandTexan View Post
Hasn't this gotten old yet? Who give a big sh!t about Bush and Young? You are trying to compare a QB, RB, and DE for crying out loud. We drafted Mario, if you don't like it, pull for the Saints or Titans.
I'm not comparing positions!!!!!!! I'M COMPARING THE FIRST THREE PLAYERS IN 2006 NFL DRAFT. Tell the portland trailblazers if it's a big deal when they compare Sam Bowie to Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #43
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.
Because the "Vince is GOD" crowd is convinced that he is better than Mario and DeMeco combined.

Very sad.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #44
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

i hate when all people measure defensive linemen on "sacks"... 60% of the time the team is running the ball... Tackles for Loss > sacks. Tackles>sacks. becuase when a d linemen gets a tackle, it is usually for a short gain and that means they are not only getting off a block off of 1 or 2 300 pound linemen, but they are tackling someone who is twice as fast as them. D linemen also tie up the linemen so that the linebackers can make the tackles.

so mario williams could have 60+ tackles for loss this season than the nfl leader, 100+ tackles more than the nfl leader, and tie up the whole offensive line every play, but he only has 4 sacks so he is a bust.

I think people need to take a class and earn a football degree before commenting on football.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #45
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart is doing better than Young and Addai is doing better than Bush. Au Revoir for tonight.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I'm sorry but the filling holes goes out the window when you have a special player like vince. You could see that he was a special player in the rose bowl last year against usc. You can turn your draft board upside down on draft day. when you have a player like Walter payton, eric dickerson, or john elway, you take them. Vince young is that type of star. Everybody saw it in the Rose Bowl. Everybody in the country saw it.
I'm sorry everything you just typed goes out the window

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing like the players you mentioned above were mentioned (not even like Vick), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

I love how everybody throws out how good their defense is playing. speaking of the rose bowl and that whole 2005 college year.......yeah I could see how great Vince was playing...I could see how great Matt L. was playing...I could see how the almighty BUSH was playing...and even how great L. White was playing. This whole thread is a joke, watch the games, something is going on with the Titans defense, they are good

Mario+DeMeco is better than Vince..........period....
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #47
ulsaint
Rookie

Quote:

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing the players you mentioned above were mentioned), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

I love how everybody throws out how good their defense is playing. speaking of the rose bowl and that whole 2005 college year.......yeah I could see how great Vince was playing...I could see how great Matt L. was playing...I could see how the almighty BUSH was playing...and even how great L. White was playing. This whole thread is a joke, watch the games, something is going on with the Titans defense, they are good

And why exactly couldn't the Texans have taken Vince and Ryan? It's not like their defense is any better with Mario. At least they would be set up and the fans would be excited. As it is they have no QB, which is only the most important position in the game.

But hey, what do I know, 4.5 sacks is pretty awesome.
ulsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #48
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing the players you mentioned above were mentioned), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Here's my take on the whole thing.

First, if we had drafted Vince, we still might have taken Demeco, depending on who was there. Demeco was the BPA according to our guys.

That said, What Vince did today, and last week doesn't make Mario a bad choice. David is David, and he did today exactly what we should have expected him to do.

So what they are the Raiders..... same as Miami, their offense sucks, but their defense ain't no joke. They are #2 against the pass, which is nothing to sneeze at when they play in the same division as KC, SD, & Denver...... who've all been known for their passing proficiency(except this year).

The Oakland Raiders are one of the few teams in the league that consistently gets pressure with their front 4. I could have done without the fumbles..... but again, why would anyone expect differently from David.

I didn't see any progress in our offense today. Oakland gives up 133 yard/gm running the ball. We got 129...... Our QB didn't make things happen, boo-hoo. that's what we expected when we gave him $8 million. That's why we brought Kubiak in. To fix him.

Far as I know, he's right on schedule.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #50
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Here's my take on the whole thing.

First, if we had drafted Vince, we still might have taken Demeco, depending on who was there. Demeco was the BPA according to our guys.

That said, What Vince did today, and last week doesn't make Mario a bad choice. David is David, and he did today exactly what we should have expected him to do.

So what they are the Raiders..... same as Miami, their offense sucks, but their defense ain't no joke. They are #2 against the pass, which is nothing to sneeze at when they play in the same division as KC, SD, & Denver...... who've all been known for their passing proficiency(except this year).

The Oakland Raiders are one of the few teams in the league that consistently gets pressure with their front 4. I could have done without the fumbles..... but again, why would anyone expect differently from David.

I didn't see any progress in our offense today. Oakland gives up 133 yard/gm running the ball. We got 129...... Our QB didn't make things happen, boo-hoo. that's what we expected when we gave him $8 million. That's why we brought Kubiak in. To fix him.

Far as I know, he's right on schedule.
and just think, we tried to trade up for a rb..and if that would have went through we wouldn't have had ryans
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #51
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!
ahh......What player is considered a project.......let me see a player that is projected to learn how to play QB all over again, because he didn't play it in college. The option isn't run in the NFL. Also you must not be a die hard UT fan, because being one, I'm completely sick of people saying Vince won that game all by himself. Oh wait Huff's INT at the 1 yard line didn't make a difference, oh wait the forced fumble on the wr didn't make a difference, oh wait the hussle play and fumble recovery on Bush (the almighty) didn't make a difference, oh wait just about every clutch (and I say clutch, becuase he caught some poorly thrown balls) catch that David Thomas made on every 3rd down play for a first didn't make a difference (just about all his catches were for first), oh wait the 4th and 1 stop that allowed Texas to have a chance to come back and win didn't make a difference.

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006   #52
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
ahh......What player is considered a project.......let me see a player that is projected to learn how to play QB all over again, because he didn't play it in college. The option isn't run in the NFL. Also you must not be a die hard UT fan, because being one, I'm completely sick of people saying Vince won that game all by himself. Oh wait Huff's INT at the 1 yard line didn't make a difference, oh wait the forced fumble on the wr didn't make a difference, oh wait the hussle play and fumble recovery on Bush (the almighty) didn't make a difference, oh wait just about every clutch (and I say clutch, becuase he caught some poorly thrown balls) catch that David Thomas made on every 3rd down play for a first didn't make a difference (just about all his catches were for first), oh wait the 4th and 1 stop that allowed Texas to have a chance to come back and win didn't make a difference.

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!
Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan. But I admit when my opponent has a talented player.. AND UT would have been beat last year 50- 21 by usc without vince. I have the video tape of the rose bowl. You forget that usc almost put up 40 on the ut defense. and that's with vince controlling the ball.
Vince has beat the giants and the colts in the last two weeks. It's amazing that the titans couldn't do anything right before vince started. But now that vince is starting, it's just a coincidence that they are winning.
Old 12-03-2006   #53
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not comparing positions!!!!!!! I'M COMPARING THE FIRST THREE PLAYERS IN 2006 NFL DRAFT. Tell the portland trailblazers if it's a big deal when they compare Sam Bowie to Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!
well you left out Olajuwon if you are comparing 3 players

I don't understand the logic that Player X automatically stinks becuase Player Z is good (and viceversa)

why can't VY,Bush and Mario be good?
Old 12-03-2006   #54
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I don't understand the logic that Player X automatically stinks becuase Player Z is good (and viceversa)

I never asserted that any of them stink. I'm just stating that two have an advantage right now. But it can change. Like I said, it's a marathon.
Old 12-03-2006   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
I never asserted that any of them stink. I'm just stating that two have an advantage right now. But it can change. Like I said, it's a marathon.
so why the Trailblazer Sam Bowie talk for not taking Jordan? (BTW Portland had Clyde the Glide already)
Old 12-03-2006   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan. But I admit when my opponent has a talented player.. AND UT would have been beat last year 50- 21 by usc without vince. I have the video tape of the rose bowl. You forget that usc almost put up 40 on the ut defense. and that's with vince controlling the ball.
Vince has beat the giants and the colts in the last two weeks. It's amazing that the titans couldn't do anything right before vince started. But now that vince is starting, it's just a coincidence that they are winning.
Wow there you go again........You know what else is amazing...its amazing our defense couldn't do crap at the start of the season.......many fans were calling for the D coords. head, but as the season rolled on so did the Texan's D.......just like the Titan's....... crack man, pack man jones is having a great year.....obviously your not watching

I also have the Rose Bowl on tape....best game ever, and UT would not have been beat 50-21..... without Vince. get real. USC's defense sucked flat out....they sucked

Vince is a good rookie QB.....is he the answer to every problem the Texans have (I say this because you act like he was the answer to all UTs woes, even though McCoy broke most freshman QB records)........no
Old 12-03-2006   #57
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Because that is too gray. This must be a black-white argument.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #58
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

All 3 won this week. All 3 contributed to helping their team win this week.

How bout that?
Old 12-03-2006   #59
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
All 3 won this week. All 3 contributed to helping their team win this week.

How bout that?
Not good enough. Still too much gray. One of these players has to be judged the best.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #60
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan.
P.S.

what kind of Sooner fan follows and tapes a TEXAS game. I could absolutey care less what OU does, after all yall can't do crap without half your players being recruted from texas anyways...............

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read