Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2006   #1
Texan1
Veteran

Question A Win is a Win - isn't it?

That has to be one of the worst victories I've ever seen - at the pro level (or college too). Is it just me or were the Raiders trying to give that game away?

I lost track of the number of Raiders turnovers.

We HAD to have set a record for unforced turnovers today.
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: A Win is a Win - isn't it?

Heh, I'll take it.

Reminded me when we beat the Stealers with a total of 47 yards offense!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd slice my wrists after this game, but the scar tissue from all the previous ones is getting tougher and tougher to go through. :brickwall
Old 12-03-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

winning is nice, but the texans shouldnt be satisifed by the way they won. against the raiders, you really ought to win in a more impressive manner than the texans did today. yeah i love winning, but for a change, lets put together some impressive wins. the texans have few of them in 5 yrs.
Old 12-03-2006   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take it. This is a game we would've definitely lost last year.
That doesn't mean I'm totally satisfied, though.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am fine with this win. I knew it was going to be nasty.
Old 12-03-2006   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Better an ugly win than an ugly loss. Can you imagine this place if we would've lost the game against Oakland?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
No a win isn't a win to Carr haters. To them a win is a loss.

True
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1 View Post
That has to be one of the worst victories I've ever seen - at the pro level (or college too). Is it just me or were the Raiders trying to give that game away?

This "game" was a 3 hour blooper reel....
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #10
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No a win isn't a win to Carr haters.
after the performance of Carr today I can say,IN MY CARR HATING OPINION, that this Win is definitely a WIN. In more ways than one.
Old 12-03-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Sadly I'm going to say that my answer is no. A win is not necessarily always a win. If the Texans looked like this ten weeks of the year and posted a 10-6 record would anyone here be happy about our football team? Would anyone here think they were really any good?

I've had questions about our defense from early on and I am taking into consideration that these were the Raiders when I say this. The defense is headed in the right direction. They're making progress and they've got a foundation to build around. At all three levels there are some players who do the job and now, on that side of the ball, we're starting to see something that gives us hope.

The offense is pitiful. Yes we have three starting offensive linemen out for the season. The loss of Spencer was bad. Losing Flanagan however shouldn't be this devastating and losing Weigert should almost be counted as a plus (It would on most teams). The offense is in deep trouble right now and regressing steadily.
Old 12-03-2006   #12
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst part of this question, is that you could have asked it for the last five years. The offense is horrendous and seems to be declining.

Quite simply, next week is our "playoff game." This franchise cannot afford to lose at home to VY - especially if our offensive troubles continue.
Old 12-03-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

A win is a win and with this one, we have doubled last years out put and could end with a 6-10 record (more likely 5-11) which is what most rational folks expected and considered a good year. We aren't doing it gracefully, but then , if we could win that way then we would be winning more.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
We aren't doing it gracefully...
Understatment of the year when applied to the Raiders game.
Old 12-03-2006   #15
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Coach capers would of love a win like this i can just hear him sayig well we executed to perfection.

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 12-03-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Yeah let's NOT take a win...what a group of fans we have.
Old 12-04-2006   #17
David23
Rookie

That was one of the ugliest wins i have seen, but who cares at this point. We WON!
David23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #18
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

This game reminded me of the Cleveland game last year. U-G-L-Y! Somebody had to win this one. And it's not like the Texans didn't give the Raiders plenty of oppurtunities. They had some nasty calls and just didn't protect the ball. And then the Texans had -5 passing yards. My understanding is that our offense stunk so bad that they are still Lysoling the place down.

On the other hand, kudos to the defense, which stripped the ball and did keep a Raiders team out of the endzone on the billion chances they had to get there. And kudos to Mathis for coming back in a BIG way. Twice he nearly had kicks returned for touchdowns. Special teams and defense played exceptional. Too bad the offense (not counting Dayne) couldn't keep up.
Old 12-04-2006   #19
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1 View Post

Unforced turnovers? Did you watch the game? Every one of the turnovers was forced.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: A Win is a Win - isn't it?

SCOREBOARD!! it's all that matters

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read