Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2006   #1
Sudds
Rookie

Default Carr will get blame for O-line disasters

Go on haters...keep blaming Carr for everything. You never seem to mention anything but Carr. His O-line for 5 years has been horrendous, absolutely horrendous. His numbers today are indicative of his poor line play. Period. Point to Carr's stats all you want, but Kubiak recognized the line was in trouble and modified the offensive play calling.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Default Re: Carr will get blame for O-line disasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds View Post
Go on haters...keep blaming Carr for everything. You never seem to mention anything but Carr. His O-line for 5 years has been horrendous, absolutely horrendous. His numbers today are indicative of his poor line play. Period. Point to Carr's stats all you want, but Kubiak recognized the line was in trouble and modified the offensive play calling.
EEEEEEEEGGGGGxactly!!!!! Dayne was running very well so why submit your QB or any for that matter to hard hits and pressures.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #3
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

Quote:
Hopefully we go get some linemen.
Old 12-03-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want my opinion on it, you can read my other post.. but......

Carr is flawed.. he has many bad habits that carried over from his time under Capers, and I think we will be wasting our time, and hurting this team, if we stick with him till he gets over them.

I like Carr, but I think this team would benefit alot more from replacing him, rather than keeping him.

Also, you see alot of QBs step up and make plays when things get tough like that.. that is what makes a good QB.. he carries his team when things are going bad, and keeps them from digging themselves into a hole. Carr has done that before, but more often than not, he is sucking right along with everyone, and many times he specifically has made big mistakes at the worst times.

We are sitting on one of the best QB coaches in the league, and im thinking that we are wasting his talents by trying to make Carr into what he could have been had Capers not wasted his talent. I hate to do it, I really do, but for the good of the team I think we need to draft a quality QB and let Kubiak start from scratch with an unblemished prospect.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Osama Bin Carr is always to blame. He had a bad game this week, yet he had a bad game last week?

Carr has had only 2 bad games this year, but Carr haters are jealous of his life so they just hate.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #6
amazingandre
All Pro

finally ppl that arent stupid ive been tryig to state that for sooooo long but people dont listen. he got drilled everytime he fumbled. how can u expect him to hold onto the ball whn you got guys 250 plus spritin full speed and blind sding u??????????????
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
finally ppl that arent stupid ive been tryig to state that for sooooo long but people dont listen. he got drilled everytime he fumbled. how can u expect him to hold onto the ball whn you got guys 250 plus spritin full speed and blind sding u??????????????
1: Step up into the pocket and you wont get blind sided

2: hold onto the ball

The oline isnt great.. thats for sure.. but not every great QB has a great Oline, yet they seem to be doing alright.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #8
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

I dont think the first fumble was a fumble, but oh well.

He needs to work on it because other QBs are getting hit by 250+ guys as well.
Old 12-03-2006   #9
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
i find it hard to believe that the o-line can be the scapegoat for 5 yrs out of 5 yrs. the one constant has been carr. somewhat of a coincedence?
Old 12-03-2006   #10
Johnny Utah
All Pro

The Cowboys had a terrible line before Romo started playing. The Titans has a terrible line before Young started playing.

QB's able to avoid the rush and buy more time in the pocket means a lot.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #11
amazingandre
All Pro

he doesnt even really get a good 3 step drop before he is hit most of the time he is dropping back and is hit by lkike 3 guys up the gut or 2 guys 1 from each side wiston sucked thats for sure nough said
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #12
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Carr or not, you must admit that Carr plays as well as the o-line does. When all starters were healthy and the line played well, Carr played well. Now that injuries have mounted and the o-line play is getting worse, Carr's play is getting worse.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #13
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
If you want my opinion on it, you can read my other post.. but......

Carr is flawed.. he has many bad habits that carried over from his time under Capers, and I think we will be wasting our time, and hurting this team, if we stick with him till he gets over them.

I like Carr, but I think this team would benefit alot more from replacing him, rather than keeping him.

Also, you see alot of QBs step up and make plays when things get tough like that.. that is what makes a good QB.. he carries his team when things are going bad, and keeps them from digging themselves into a hole. Carr has done that before, but more often than not, he is sucking right along with everyone, and many times he specifically has made big mistakes at the worst times.

We are sitting on one of the best QB coaches in the league, and im thinking that we are wasting his talents by trying to make Carr into what he could have been had Capers not wasted his talent. I hate to do it, I really do, but for the good of the team I think we need to draft a quality QB and let Kubiak start from scratch with an unblemished prospect.
i couldnt agree more. not to stir the pot or anything, but has anyone paid attention to v-yeezy lately?
Old 12-03-2006   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, it's someone else's fault that Dinkin' Dave fumbles everytime someone touches him. And it's someone else's fault that he can't throw the ball downfield and has no pocket presense and that none of the players respect him. It's always someone else's fault but Dave's.

Look, no one is jealous of Carr's good looks or his lifestyle or whatever. We just recognize that he is not a very good NFL QB. He was good in college and high school, but not in the NFL. He's a good christian, but he's not a good NFL QB. He's a good person, he's just not a good NFL QB. All we want is a player, at the most important position on the field, that can lead it to wins.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #15
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
1: Step up into the pocket and you wont get blind sided

2: hold onto the ball

The oline isnt great.. thats for sure.. but not every great QB has a great Oline, yet they seem to be doing alright.
Give me one GREAT QB with a bad line.
Old 12-03-2006   #16
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Give me one GREAT QB with a bad line.
Romo.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry but today was the day i switched sides on Carr because it was the first full game ive watched...i agree the fumbles aren't all his fault- its the way he makes the short read and 95% of the time will throw to them even if he doesnt have that much pressure on him- you could see today that alot of times oakland knew what was coming and didnt respect the long ball at all which kept the whole defence compact in
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #18
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Romo.
1. romo is not great so release his genetalia.
2. dallas's line is light years ahead of ours.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Did the Texans come back in the second half and win? Well, I guess that must mean that Carr lead them to the win since he is the signal caller on the field.
Yep he handed off to Dayne so he gets the assist .
Old 12-03-2006   #20
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
1. romo is not great so release his genetalia.
2. dallas's line is light years ahead of ours.

ESPN wont release it. One more story on Hom...er Romo and Im going to shoot my TV

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read