Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-03-2006   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Vince Young is better than Carr right now.

The chumps in the Houston front office who chose Mario when they could have selected Vince should be weeping right now. Young, who has what, 6 or 8 games under his belt, is twice the QB Carr, with 5 years under his belt, is. Young just wants to win, and contributes to that at every turn. Carr is a dopey robot with a big are and ZERO feel for the game.

So here we sit with the world's worst QB (not to mention O line etc) when we could have remade the team around Young. It was a dreadful choice no matter what the reason was. It was pathetic, dumb, short-sighted . . . fill in the blank yourself.

And now, having made this gigantic mistake of letting Young go, they stick with this bozo loser Carr for yet another year. Who would want to watch that game they played today? I don't care who won, it was so ugly that I turned it off. Who wants a team like that?

Nobody.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Default Re: Vince Young is better than Carr right now.

I suggest you convert!!!! willie beamon and the titans are waiting for you. Go NOW!!!!NIGHT HAWK!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im not sure about that, but no one can question that VY is a STUD!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #4
Bongo59
Veteran

Texans will have a nice D soon...............but that still wont stop VY. Ask any Colts fan. They put huge pressure on him today. If McNair was back there he'd have been sacked 6 or 7 times.................VY was amazing. He got 6 first downs on third downs to sustain drives. The Colts only had the ball for 11 minutes the whole second half.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #5
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
The chumps in the Houston front office who chose Mario when they could have selected Vince should be weeping right now. Young, who has what, 6 or 8 games under his belt, is twice the QB Carr, with 5 years under his belt, is. Young just wants to win, and contributes to that at every turn. Carr is a dopey robot with a big are and ZERO feel for the game.

So here we sit with the world's worst QB (not to mention O line etc) when we could have remade the team around Young. It was a dreadful choice no matter what the reason was. It was pathetic, dumb, short-sighted . . . fill in the blank yourself.

And now, having made this gigantic mistake of letting Young go, they stick with this bozo loser Carr for yet another year. Who would want to watch that game they played today? I don't care who won, it was so ugly that I turned it off. Who wants a team like that?

Nobody.
Great. Quit watching. But you're great at second guessing.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #6
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I still don't understand how you pass up these players:

Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart

I just don't understand it and I never will.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #7
TNTitan
Veteran

agree
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #8
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Every QB in football is better then Carr this week. Even QB's that didn't play had more yards then Carr.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #9
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

And just for the record, Vince Young has now passed Reggie Bush in rushing yards for the season.
Old 12-03-2006   #10
Sudds
Rookie

I know this...if Carr has the efficiency that VY has, we'd still be asking for his head. Carr is blamed for EVRYTHING in Houston. I mean EVERYTHING. We gave up almost 300 yards passing in the 1st quarter against Buffalo, and the Carr-haters failed to mention that. Carr cannot win in Houston. The haters say that his stats are mis-leading, yet when they win, his stats are the first thing they look to. Our offensive is simple because we have no running game. Check that...no one is afraid of our running game, thus, they take away any deep threats in the passing game. It's that simple guys. As long as Carr keep from tossing interceptions, he'll be fine. Manage the game...manage the game.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #11
Bongo59
Veteran

Carr is better than Kerry Collins but he makes a ton more cash.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #12
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudds View Post
I know this...if Carr has the efficiency that VY has, we'd still be asking for his head. Carr is blamed for EVRYTHING in Houston. I mean EVERYTHING. We gave up almost 300 yards passing in the 1st quarter against Buffalo, and the Carr-haters failed to mention that. Carr cannot win in Houston. The haters say that his stats are mis-leading, yet when they win, his stats are the first thing they look to. Our offensive is simple because we have no running game. Check that...no one is afraid of our running game, thus, they take away any deep threats in the passing game. It's that simple guys. As long as Carr keep from tossing interceptions, he'll be fine. Manage the game...manage the game.
Regardless, thanks for letting us have VY
Old 12-03-2006   #13
amazingandre
All Pro

on contrar the bear qb grossman only had 34 yds compared to carrs 32 so not really that bad and rex threw ints unlike our fumbles which by the way were not 100 percent carrs fault so just stfu about carr sucking already geezzzzz
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
I still don't understand how you pass up these players:

Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart

I just don't understand it and I never will.
Cause we liked Mario Williams.. and his name deserves to be grouped in with the other top prospects in the draft.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

It's very simple... Good QB's make plays that win games for their teams.

VY does it... Carr does not.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Cause we liked Mario Williams.. and his name deserves to be grouped in with the other top prospects in the draft.
I'm not saying Mario Williams is a bad top pick. I just see 3 other players to build a team around that are a better choice.

I hope Mario works out for you guys, I really do.
Old 12-03-2006   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
It's very simple... Good QB's make plays that win games for their teams.

VY does it... Carr does not.
I did not know throwing int is making plays, thanks for clearing that up.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #18
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
I'm not saying Mario Williams is a bad top pick. I just see 3 other players to build a team around that are a better choice.

I hope Mario works out for you guys, I really do.
really?
Old 12-03-2006   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Every QB in football is better then Carr this week. Even QB's that didn't play had more yards then Carr.
Grossman was worse . . .
Old 12-03-2006   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
I suggest you convert!!!! willie beamon and the titans are waiting for you. Go NOW!!!!NIGHT HAWK!
I understand what you're trying to say to him and I admire your loyalty to the team. I share it but I have to say that basically Nighthawk is right. I turned it off too. I didn't care who won by halftime. I didn't care to have the Texans completely ruin another Sunday of mine this year. I've got too many other things to do on Sundays that I actually enjoy doing and that don't leave me sick to my stomach.

David Carr couldn't lead a tour of Reliant Stadium much less an offense in it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read