Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2006   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Welcome back Mathis

Lindsay got mad at Mathis's fumble. I said be patient, he's warming up. I was right. I wanted him to get that TD soooooooo bad

He's back. Why didn't he start the game?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Welcome back Mathis

and to all the mathis haters, how do you like him now, he won the game for us.

told yall you'd be praisin his name when he gets back
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I'm so pissed! I missed the return, I was remote surfing the other games. Man, halftime goes so fast!
Old 12-03-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at Buffalo Wild Wings, and I was probably one of the only Texans fans in the bunch. I went crazy when Mathis broke it up the middle.... I was surprised that he got caught at all.
Old 12-03-2006   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I caught it mid-run...welcome back, Jerome!! Way to contribute right away...Wynn's punt return rocked too...kudos to Joe Marciano and the special teams unit
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Welcome back Mathis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
and to all the mathis haters, how do you like him now, he won the game for us.

told yall you'd be praisin his name when he gets back
Now, if he can mature some and not break his leg in the bleachers showing up late to the ProBowl photo because he partied too hard and then not seeing a doctor and discoving the injury when wrecking his motorcycle... *breath

LOL. I'm sure he's learned his lesson.

You guys think he'll mature into a WR?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-03-2006   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Cool Re: Welcome back Mathis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I was at Buffalo Wild Wings, and I was probably one of the only Texans fans in the bunch. I went crazy when Mathis broke it up the middle.... I was surprised that he got caught at all.
If Mathis is lighting fast, what does that make the guy who caught him?!?!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #8
sleepwalker
Veteran

He made a bonehead mistake early, but he totally made up for it with that return up the gut...I had forgotten how much speed this guy has !!
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, it was good to see his return today. That was a great run, and he would've got a TD if he'd been in football shape. I hope they can turn him into a WR, because we could really use his explosiveness and big-play potential.
Old 12-03-2006   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I heard it was Stanford Routt who caught him... and Routt runs a ~4.27 to 4.3 40 I think....
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepwalker View Post
He made a bonehead mistake early, but he totally made up for it with that return up the gut...I had forgotten how much speed this guy has !!
Count me among those who was ready to cut him after that first kickoff. That was the best tasting crow that I ever ate.

I hope that he converts to WR.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Pretty sure he isnt at full speed yet. Last year he was a bullet, I think he lost a bit of his max speed due to injury, unfortunately.
Old 12-03-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy who caught him is fast, but I don't think Mathis is at full steam yet and it looked like run was a tad long for him and he was running out of wind.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I heard it was Stanford Routt who caught him... and Routt runs a ~4.27 to 4.3 40 I think....
Wasnt he from UH??
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
"...Qualified to compete in the 60-meter and 200-meter dashes for the 2003 NCAA Indoor Championships...Earned NCAA Outdoor All-American honors after finishing third in the 200 meters at the 2003 NCAA Outdoor Meet"
http://www.raiders.com/team/teamRost...s.jsp?id=18423
U. of Houston guy.
Takes a Track man to catch a Track man.
Plus, I suspect Mathis is still a bit out of shape as he appeared to really run out of gas in the 5-10 yards. He's been off for quite awhile.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its to bad he could not finish it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #17
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

One of the reasons we won!!
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #18
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha! I was at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Corpus...there weren't many of us either.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #19
The.Houston.Titans
Rookie

Good to see two of our special teams guys (Mathis and Brown) come back and make plays despite struggling early on.
The.Houston.Titans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Ha! I was at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Corpus...there weren't many of us either.

And I was with a group in a BWW in San Antonio. BWW is quickly becoming the home of Texans fans with no local TV coverage.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read