Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2006   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Want to Feel Better About Carr? Just Watch Aaron Brooks.

Seriously, I'm to the point where I'm grasping for any silver lining I can right now.

Thatisall.
Old 12-03-2006   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Want to Feel Better About Carr? Just Watch Aaron Brooks.

Brooks is outperforming Carr by a mile today.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

haha I am with you.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Seriously, I'm to the point where I'm grasping for any silver lining I can right now.

Thatisall.
Brooks is having more sucess...so much for laughing at Brooks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you effing kidding me? He's looked awful.

And I said "grasping." Work with me here.
Old 12-03-2006   #6
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Better career passer rating for Brooks... but I'm not trying to pile on DC. I feel bad for the guy... it's not working. He's played hard and suffered, maybe he can be that guy with a change of scenery... it's just tough to embrace this team with him in there.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

delete this post mods. Thanks,

Last edited by jerek; 12-03-2006 at 05:42 PM.
jerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #8
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you effing kidding me? He's looked awful.
Brooks looks like a Pro Bowl QB compared to Carr.
Old 12-03-2006   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

brooks has looked awfull i agree but carr has looked pathetic at least brooks can put a drive together its not brooks fault the kicker has missed three field goals
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wonger your dead grandmother outperforms Carr every Sunday. Somebody misprinted your dictionary and left the word bias out of it.

Add to that -- want to feel better about Kris Brown? Just watch Sebastian Jankowski!
If you seriously think that Dinkin' Davie (who can't even get his head out his arse long enough to dink a few balls today) is outplaying Brooks today, I don't know really know what to tell ya.
Old 12-03-2006   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
If you seriously think that Dinkin' Davie (who can't even get his head out his arse long enough to dink a few balls today) is outplaying Brooks today, I don't know really know what to tell ya.
I probably should have prefaced that scathing analysis. Carr has looked bad. You're right -- Brooks has actually engineered a drive or two. I really want to see replay of the coverages to what Carr is or isn't seeing. He's looked really bad.
Old 12-03-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

delete this one too. Thanks,

Last edited by jerek; 12-03-2006 at 05:42 PM.
jerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm worried about Kubiak. He's about to pop a jugular or two from screaming at Carr every time he comes off the field./
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #14
ToroFan
Rookie

I really think Aaron Brooks is better than Carr. At least Brooks mistakes didnt directly lead to a TD like Carr's fumble. Has it really got this bad where are no longer debating Carr to VY but to Aaron freaking Brooks.

As for VY vs. Carr, VY looks more polished as a rookie than David Carr as a fifth year starter. Don't give me that better talent nonsense either. The Tenn O-line was awful (if you remember Steve McNair was getting murdered last year), they were going to trade away Travis Henry for bag of peanuts in the off-season, and the titan's number one receiver (used to be Drew Bennett, but perhaps now is B. Jones) couldn't hold a candle to Andre.

At some point we just need to cut bait and sell the Carr.

p.s. - i love mario, but carr is killing us.
Old 12-03-2006   #15
wolfscar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I'm worried about Kubiak. He's about to pop a jugular or two from screaming at Carr every time he comes off the field./
And it's not like he can put Sage on. Maybe he should put out his new boy.

It is officially a sad, sad day for an offense when Ron Dayne is the high point.
Old 12-03-2006   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Want to Feel Better About Carr? Just Watch Aaron Brooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfscar View Post

It is officially a sad, sad day for an offense when Ron Dayne is the high point.
!!!!!!!!!

The first half was a stiff competition, for which offense is worse!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 12-03-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfscar View Post

IF they hold on, this one will go right next to the win over the Steelers in '02 in terms of fugly w's.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Want to Feel Better About Carr? Just Watch Aaron Brooks.

-5 passing yards is actually pretty emberassing...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #19
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Would I rather get kicked in the nuts repeatedly, or have my toenail ripped off? I wouldn't want either.

See how that mirrors the Brooks/Carr discussion?
Old 12-03-2006   #20
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
IF they hold on, this one will go right next to the win over the Steelers in '02 in terms of fugly w's.
The only bright spot offensively was Ron Dayne. How many times have you heard that in the NFL?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read