Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-03-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young Leads His Team Again

What a great game by Young. The guy is just willing his team to wins.

Why did we extend Carr and pass on him? It's starting to look like Mattress Mack knows a lot more about football than the Texans front office.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #2
touttail
All Pro

Default VY Doubters

Well, VY did something today that Carr couldn't do in 5 years.

Beat the Colts!!!!!!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Vince Young Leads His Team Again

We should of hired mattres mac as our GM damn we lost big time missing on VY
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #4
MrMeToo
All Pro

vince>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carr
and he's just a rookie.
Old 12-03-2006   #5
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I just don't honestly see how ANYONE would think that Vince wasn't going to be the real deal....he has that "it" that will make him a great QB for years to come.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
What a great game by Young. The guy is just willing his team to wins.

Why did we extend Carr and pass on him? It's starting to look like Mattress Mack knows a lot more about football than the Texans front office.

Actually, a couple of years ago, Carr lead us to a lead Vs. the Colts but they came back to win it with 2 minutes left.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #7
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

^^^read the sig
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2006   #8
TNTitan
Veteran

see you all next week
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #9
Bongo59
Veteran

I cant wait til next week in Houston................I mean it is Bob McNair and Carr's worst nightmare and Bud's dream.......................VY just burried both mannings in two weeks...................
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #10
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!?????!!!! !!

I am not looking forward to going to Reliant next week.
Old 12-03-2006   #11
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Watched the whole game... he was unstoppable all day. It wouldn't have come to the 60 yd. field goal if it wasn't for the dumb INT in the 3rd. He made some exceptional throws... the first INT was a good ball, a little interference and a mistimed jump caused the INT off the deflection, he had the right matchup and put the ball in the right place if not a little bit long.

On the play preceding the kick, he slipped, turned his ankle with the pocket collapsing, but had the presence of mind to get back up and throw the ball to keep them within some semblance of striking distance. He's the real deal and it kills me that the Texans passed on him... I'm sure Mario was worth the pick... but we drafted Mario with the reasoning "You can't make the playoffs without beating the Colts and pressuring Peyton". Well, Tennessee sure seems to have found their tonic for that ailment. Also, by drafting Mario to pressure Peyton, we created another problem in letting Young slip to Tennessee. I'm sure at some point we'll spend a top five pick on a MLB with the rationalization that you can't make the playoffs without beating Tenn. and slowing down VY.

Bruxing, bruxing, bruxing.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #12
SESupergenius

wow, can you all please move your man love for the Titan Young over at www.titansonline.com. This is sickening. I watched the whole game too and he was by far from great. If our defense limitd the Colts to 17 points maybe we woud have done just as good. Pathic closet Titan fans. See ya.
Old 12-03-2006   #13
The Dream
Hall of Fame

^^^My VY hater detector is going off.
Old 12-03-2006   #14
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post

Vince hater / Carr homer it must be hard lmao
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say it again. I'm not sure how GMs, whomever, really don't get the fact that some players just have IT. Some are winners who teammates gravitate towards and others are losers. We are seeing that case and point.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
meh, suppose it's better than hating a player on your own team.

as for young, he was great today.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
wow, can you all please move your man love for the Titan Young over at www.titansonline.com. This is sickening. I watched the whole game too and he was by far from great. If our defense limitd the Colts to 17 points maybe we woud have done just as good. Pathic closet Titan fans. See ya.
Do you know how VY helped hold the Colts to 17 points??? He kept time of possestion nearly equal (30:55 for the Colts, 29:05 for the Titans). Like the annoucers were saying, your best defense for Manning is keeping him on the sideline and that what VY did. He ran the ball and, therefore, allowed Henry to get big holes because the defense is scared of him taking off if they follow Henry to closely. The best way he helped the defense, however, was converting 8 of 13 third downs (61%). I dont think Carr ever helped out our defense by completeing 61% of third downs against the Colts. And not to mention, a lot of those third downs werent 3rd and short, they were for a large part 3rd and medium and 3rd and long, you know, the distance that Carr gets nervous quickly and checks it down.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #18
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
wake up on the wrong side of the bed did you?
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #19
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
I'm not suffering from "man love". I live in the real world, where Vince Young is 5-4 rookie starter who turned his team on like a light switch when he replaced Kerry Collins after Game 3.
Old 12-03-2006   #20
Tourist
Rookie

Kid's pretty good, huh?
Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read