Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-09-2004   #21
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Drat and double drat. Horns fumble on the OU 14 yard line. I think in retrospect they should have kicked a FG.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #22
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

its tough flipping channels back and forth between the UT game and the Astros game!
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #23
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

The Astros are playing?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #24
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

And the Astros will be playing tomorrow too while the Texans are playing!

Texas had plenty of chances to do something offensively; they've had great field position and have zero to show for it....that may be a killer where every point seems to be very hard to come by.

The Sooners have a great running back; that kid is quick. Too bad he's from Texas. That kills me.

I've supported Mack in the past. But what do you do when you have a coach that can't win really big games. Texas should be doing better every year than Oklahoma. There is no excuse why they don't.....except coaching.

Any opinions? I sound like I'm throwing in the towel for this game already and I'm not but it looks like it's going to be a very close game and UT has had chances to score and hasn't.

OU on the UT 4.
Old 10-09-2004   #25
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

must........stop.........Adrian..........Peterson

that kid is the only offense they have had all day.
Old 10-09-2004   #26
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Yea he's super for a freshman....I smell Heisman in his future if he stays healthy. Of course he could come out too and be a high draft choice!

One thing I noticed and this is critical when perhaps that is unfair because the kid gives his all but Vince Young is not a very good passer. Unless the guy is wide open he has problems and their wideouts are doing nothing.

Peterson is unstoppable though. Amazing the score is so low.
Old 10-09-2004   #27
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

damnit. Benson fumbles inside our own 20!
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2004   #28
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

and Peterson continues to trample us
Old 10-09-2004   #29
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

INT Derrick freaking Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2004   #30
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I give in. Another loss for Texas. 4 minutes left and Young fumbled. I thought he was suppose to be the ANSWER....instead we just have more questions. I'll retract those words later when I'm over my disappointment.

To me there are no excuses. Texas has no excuses. I think Mack is a good coach but something has got to give here. This is a game they haven't won in what 5 years? 4 years?
Old 10-09-2004   #31
texansfan88
All Pro

guys that really made names for themselves (if they havent already)

Aaron Harris, Texas Middle Linebacker
Michael Huff, Texas Safety
Jonathon Scott, Texas Tackle
Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma Runningback
Dan Cody, Oklahoma Defensive End
Chijoke Ayanegecha (SP), Oklahoma Safety

Players that ruined any shot of being considered good
Brian Robison, Texas Defensive End
Aaron Hall, Texas Outside Linebacker

Dan Cody might have just elevated himself to a 1st round pick with this game
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #32
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Dan Cody was already a 1st round pick.

The horns were out everythinged, esp in the 2nd half. That friends is a major coaching problem.

Although I'm a UT fan, my congrats goes out to the Sooners. They played with heart and desire to win through the whole game. That is why they were victorious. Too many of the UT players played a good first half but looked like high school kids in the second half.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #33
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Just to add to what Steel said. I listened to the radio interview segment with Horns players and they were very "oh well" about the game. I guess, never having been in that spot, that is what most players would say but I expected to hear some anger, some disappointment, some "I'm so sick of this" talk and that's not what I heard at all.

I don't know the answer. Brown is a great recruiter (although what happened to Peterson-he's a kid from Palestine about 2 hours from Austin. You'd think he'd love to play close to home) but as a coach...well....I am beginning to doubt him. It's been 5 years now and while 12-0 isn't being blown out it's just really a kick in the stomach to lose this game again. Maybe the unthinkable will happen and he'll be replaced. Hard to justify but if you have a top program and you're just always mired in "we should have been" and "we had better recruits" and you never get it done..well maybe it's time for something to change.
Old 10-09-2004   #34
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelBlue
Dan Cody was already a 1st round pick.

The horns were out everythinged, esp in the 2nd half. That friends is a major coaching problem.

Although I'm a UT fan, my congrats goes out to the Sooners. They played with heart and desire to win through the whole game. That is why they were victorious. Too many of the UT players played a good first half but looked like high school kids in the second half.
Cody was actually being looked at as a 2nd round pick by a few teams, tennessee most notably
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #35
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
its tough flipping channels back and forth between the UT game and the Astros game!
Also was doing that instead of split screening the games, and every single time I looked in at the UT game, Oklahoma had the ball.
I'm guessing that UT must have gotten the ball some.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004   #36
WWJD
Hall of Fame

UT's defense was on the field alot! I'm surprised really at the low score. The Horn defense got eaten up by the Peterson kid. It seems like everytime he touched the ball he got at least 10 yards. He's very, very good. Too bad he plays for OU! Well for UT anyway.
Old 10-09-2004   #37
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I knew Peterson was good, but I didn't know he was that good. He showed good vision and great power. I knew about his speed, and I knew he'd be good for a freshman. He was the best RB in that game period, and I think he averaged around 7 yards per carry. Imagine how good he'll be in a few years, and UT can look forward to facing him every year. OU's defense was very good too. First time UT has been shutout since Baylor shut them out back in 1980 led by Mike Singletary. GO BEARS! Sorry UT fans I couldn't resist.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004   #38
rhc564
Veteran

There is no doubt that coaching - or lack there of on UT's part - is the
difference between these 2 rivals. For example, everybody and their
brother knew UT would try to force feed Benson and Young and Brown
played right into that scenario for OU. Brown had nothing prepared to
counter this scenario, thus the goose egg. All the major sports net works
has expressed concern that UT was making little or no effort to develope
its passing attack during its first 4 games, setting itself up for the debacle
today. Young is unable to complete the short pass for some reason and
has no clue with the wide outs. Brown knew last year he had 3 senior
starters and still did nothing to prepare that posisition for this year. Too,
he is featuring Benson and only Benson this year at running back, so guess
how that posisition will play out next year-- Young, by himself.

Brown coaches with an extreme case of "tunnel vision." He does not
like to change major decisions that he has made, even for the good of the
team. Most die hard UT fans will never understand the benching of Maior
Applewhite in favor of Chris Simms. And now, eventhough Monk might be
a better alternative, you can take it to the bank that he won't start.
I still don't understand how UT plays to the run when it only has one
running back-- look out if either or both benson and Young get hurt!
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read