Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2004   #1
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jason Simmons

I don't know if they showed it on TV but Jason's block on Barry Sims on Dunta's second return was one for the ages. If that one doesn't get featured on "Jacked Up" tomorrow night, something is wrong. That was probably the best blow up I've ever seen a 195 lb. guy put on a 300 pounder like....ever. Too bad all the chumps who started leaving at the 3:00 mark missed it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Can't wait for the Raiders to see that on film. The big guy may get a little ribbing for that one.
Old 10-03-2004   #3
Meisterman
Veteran

Default Blammmmmm!

That was a Old Fashion Jack Tatum "snot bubbles" hit. Jason "The Assassin" Simmons. Hee Hee...
Meisterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #4
jhawktx
Rookie

****. I stayed till the end but somehow I missed it.
jhawktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #5
Jwwillis
All Pro

They featured that hit on replay twice during the game. Believe me!, everybody saw it, including the announcers. Speaking of the announcers it seemed like the color guy was a raider fan. He kept whining about interferance when the raiders d-backs were pulling the same moves on us.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #6
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

AMEN to that aj. I was jumping up and down in my seat when he NAILED him screaming to my seat crowd 'did you see that hit, did you see it?'

That was awesome!!!
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #7
jhawktx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
They featured that hit on replay twice during the game. Believe me!, everybody saw it, including the announcers. Speaking of the announcers it seemed like the color guy was a raider fan. He kept whining about interferance when the raiders d-backs were pulling the same moves on us.
Even then I didn't see it. At that moment we were busy giving grief to some obnoxious Raider fans.
jhawktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2004   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I was one of those chumps (sick wife and marital bliss count for something) but can't wait to see that on the DVR.
Old 10-03-2004   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Yeah they featured it on TV, and one of the announcers yelled out "Oh what a block by Andre Johnson!!!". After the commercial break he came back on and realized it was Jason Simmons. It was a monstrous hit, and it definately should be featured on "Jacked Up". As a matter of fact, it should serve as the definition of "Jacked Up" in the dictionary from now on.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #10
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

God dang, I wish I could see this hit yall are talking about...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
God dang, I wish I could see this hit yall are talking about...
Try watching SportsCenter at 10, but I doubt they'll show it. If you've got ESPNnews then keep it on there till they make it to the Texans highlight, and you'll have a better shot at catching it. I'm guessing those of you who haven't seen it and/or missed it will have to wait till Monday Night Countdown's "Jacked Up" segment. That is unless you have a DVR or tape of the game you can watch. The hit is worth all the difficulty you'll have trying to catch a glimpse of it. Just to illustrate how great a block it was just picture that block Ray Lewis put on that Denver Bronco last year on a Monday night game. Now turn the Bronco into a 300lb OLineman, and turn Ray Lewis into Jason Simmons. Then you've got an idea of the impact of that hit.
Old 10-03-2004   #12
Jwwillis
All Pro

The hit occured during one of Robinsons interception returns. Knocks his helmit off and de-cleats him...awsome hit
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
The hit occured during one of Robinsons interception returns. Knocks his helmit off and de-cleats him...awsome hit
Yes. It was his last interception return I believe.
Old 10-03-2004   #14
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Yes. It was his last interception return I believe.
Yep... definitely injury added to insult.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #15
TexanNut
Veteran

That was an amazing hit!! The people around me were going nuts over it.

Check out Texans Wrap on Fox Sports SW at 11 pm tonight...I'm sure that they will have it.
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #16
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Jason Simmons got the game ball from Dom Capers in the locker room.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #17
Newly
Rookie

I was at the game but did not see the hit. i was watching the return but miised that block. i will watch espn and hope to see it. Sounds like an awesome hit. can't wait to see it.
Old 10-03-2004   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
it might land on chris bermans top plays......haha givin texans props is what i like
I was watching the top plays, and only caught the Top 5. Guess what was number 4? Amos Zeroue's long TD run. It was a good run, but that block was sooo much better IMO. Oh well guess I'll have to wait till I get my own Top 10 Plays segment on ESPN.
Old 10-04-2004   #19
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

The best part about the hit was the helmet rolling across the field. It was real thing of beauty.
Quote:
I thought the announcers were really unbiased. They commented several times about how much improved the Texans are. I thought they did a great job, as for the call in question, according to the new rules. They are right, it was pass interferance before the pick, the refs just missed the call. Call it pay back for the bad call on AJ's catch against Detroit.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #20
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

That was an awesome hit ..... I stopped watching the runback completely when that happened and starting yelling and pointing ... my wife's face went white ... she was sure that sims was dead ....
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read