Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-02-2006   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Lightbulb Top QB's on the market in 07'

1. Matt Schaub (the next Delhome?)
2. Jake Plummer
3. Dante Culpepper
4. Byron Leftwitch

I would take Any of these guys to replace Carr. Maybe we could go after Josh McCown from the Lions, I liked him when he played for the Cards.

Last edited by HOOK'EM; 12-02-2006 at 05:05 AM.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #2
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default Re: Top QB's on the market in 07'

1. Matt Schaub (backup in Atl.) Top free agent QB this offseason, lets get him!
Old 12-02-2006   #3
DeclanJr
Rookie

I like Kolb in the draft.
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

> nfl section

anyway not going to happen..and culpepper??

schaub is the only 1 id consider going for
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #5
FanFromCali
Rookie

1. The defense is full of holes
2. The team does not have a running game
3. The O-line is atrocious

But let's hope the team brings in an expensive Free Agent QB. Great. (The idea of having the oh, so very slow Leftwitch behind a porous offensive line gives me the chills). By the way, I like the state of Texas too but lets relax on drafting every single player that grew up there.

The team does not need a new QB at this stage of the game when there are so many other pressing needs.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM View Post
2. Jake Plummer
3. Dante Culpepper
4. Byron Leftwitch

I would take Any of these guys to replace Carr. Maybe we could go after Josh McCown from the Lions, I liked him when he played for the Cards.
You do realize that you have zero credibility with a username like "Hookem". Your obviously one of those that is bitter the Texans didn't draft Vince and hate Carr for that reason. Look at Carr's stats man, he is one of the best in the league. The guy does hold the record for consecutive completions.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2. Jake Plummer
3. Dante Culpepper
4. Byron Leftwitch

Plummer or Leftwich over Carr?
Old 12-02-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromCali View Post
The team does not need a new QB at this stage of the game when there are so many other pressing needs.
How's the weather in Fresno?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #9
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

What no Billy Volek?

Old 12-02-2006   #10
FanFromCali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don’t know. I don't live there.

I never said that Carr is obviously the future of the team. I simply inferred that in a salary cap era where an NFL team needs to objectively evaluate their needs in my humble opinion I don't see how you would rate replacing Carr as being more vital than the other needs on the team.

Is your opinion that if the teams changes the QB they are instantly going to win more games even with a impotent O-line, missing parts on defense, and no running game to speak of? Is it really?

By the way, if you want to attack someone on their bias towards a location perhaps "hookem horns" was not the best name to give yourself.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #11
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromCali View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

let them be man they will weed out of the boards once the golden boy is playing some arena football.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2. Jake Plummer
3. Dante Culpepper
4. Byron Leftwitch

I think Matt Schaub is probably going to be more like Tony Romo. He's been the backup in Atlanta for a few years now. I think the Texans will stick with Carr another year.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

1. Matt Schaub i doubt he hits the market my guess is the falcons put the tag on him they know many teams want him and its going to cost a pretty penny
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #14
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Its worth it to get rid of Carr!
Old 12-03-2006   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Matt Schaub (backup in Atl.) Top free agent QB this offseason, lets get him!
He is a RFA, so it would cost a good deal to get him away from Atl.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
He is a RFA, so it would cost a good deal to get him away from Atl.
It would take our 1st & 3rd round picks to get Schaub from Atlanta.

No thanks.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody know what's the deal with Chris Simms in Tampa? I know he's had a major surgery but if he can recover do you think it's worth giving him a shot? He played well for the Bucs but with Chris Gardocki (sp?) there doesn't look like Simms will be back.
Old 12-04-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Anybody know what's the deal with Chris Simms in Tampa? I know he's had a major surgery but if he can recover do you think it's worth giving him a shot? He played well for the Bucs but with Chris Gardocki (sp?) there doesn't look like Simms will be back.
Bruce Gradkowski. You got the -ki part right.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Thats okay, cause we need a punter too.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL..my bad. You're right though TexanBill we need a punter along with a qb. How about we trade David Carr for a punter? DC's stock can't be that much higher after yesterday's performance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read