Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-30-2006   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default CMU vs Ohio

Working, so had to set-up the DVR for tonights match-up between Central Michigan/Ohio in the MAC final. The reason for my interest (yours too) is that Central Michigan has one of the elite pass rushing DE's Dan Bazuin 6-3 270 & top rated LT Joe Staley 6-5 295 (sub 4.8 40).

(7:30 PM ET; ESPN). welcome anyones thoughts who has the chance to watch the game tonight. appreciate it-

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: CMU vs Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Working, so had to set-up the DVR for tonights match-up between Central Michigan/Ohio in the MAC final. The reason for my interest (yours too) is that Central Michigan has one of the elite pass rushing DE's Dan Bazuin 6-3 270 & top rated LT Joe Staley 6-5 295 (sub 4.8 40).

(7:30 PM ET; ESPN). welcome anyones thoughts who has the chance to watch the game tonight. appreciate it-
I am cheering for Ohio for a non football reason. When i was applying to grad schools, I applied to Central Michigan and they lost my application(but pocketed my application fee). When asked what happened they claimed it was clerical error and that they would be happy to review my application free of charge for ther next year's class. I say FU to their graduate program and their football team!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I am cheering for Ohio for a non football reason. When i was applying to grad schools, I applied to Central Michigan and they lost my application(but pocketed my application fee). When asked what happened they claimed it was clerical error and that they would be happy to review my application free of charge for ther next year's class. I say FU to their graduate program and their football team!
not exactly what I expected, sorry for your loss but I'm only interested in football opinion relating to scouting future talent that will someday have a shot @ playing in the NFL. Guess will have to wait until I can reveiw film firsthand

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-01-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Here Here!!
Old 12-01-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
not exactly what I expected, sorry for your loss but I'm only interested in football opinion relating to scouting future talent that will someday have a shot @ playing in the NFL. Guess will have to wait until I can reveiw film firsthand
Beerlover, I didn't get a chance to watch the game...mostly because I can't afford cable. Any updates on those players you wanted to watch? Any surprises? Any solid NFL players?
Old 12-01-2006   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playby...95&confId=null

This may or may not help.....it looks like Central took-it-to the Bobcats.,
Old 12-01-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Beerlover, I didn't get a chance to watch the game...mostly because I can't afford cable. Any updates on those players you wanted to watch? Any surprises? Any solid NFL players?
OK just finished watching film of the game last night & was very impressed with the talent in the MAC. Rothelisberger, Randy Moss, Pennington and Leftwich just to name a few have come out of this conference. Redshirt freshman Dan LeFevour threw for 349 yards and three touchdowns and Damien Linson had 191 yards receiving against the Bobcats' normally stingy defense. Look out for him to be a 1st rd. prospect in a couple years, was a runningback in high school, athletic, makes good quick reads, strong arm & accurate (just had to add that).

Dan Bazuin plays RDE but does not have great moves or ability to overpower his man, so I would project him to LDE run stopping end in the NFL. Reminds me exactly of Jason Babin, high motor/relentless, wrap up tackler with some speed. 2nd rd talent, but more likely a value pick in the 3rd. He would add depth to the Texans line and rotate with Babin & be a very productive player but not immediate impact.

I would grade LT Joe Staley as a solid 2nd rounder, if he slips to the 3rd that would be a steal for the Texans. one of those guys who comes in as a TE & grows into his body, very athletic, quick feet, has hand punch but needs refinement, nice backpeddle, can lead in run blocking & pancake his man on occassion.

In short these are either value picks or address needs for NFL teams. measureables are not off the charts, yet both are productive, active & will help some team in the NFL.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Sponsored links
Old 12-01-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Very nice post Beerlover and a nice scouting job. I watched him a bit but didn't study him. I didn't tivo the game. Looks like a good prospect to me.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: CMU vs Ohio

I'm happy OU is going to their first bowl game in 26 some years. Go Solich
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read