Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2006   #1
ib4texans
Veteran

Default Just Lip Service or do other teams respect or QB

(on QB David Carr) “I think he’s a good quarterback. I think the one thing that you have to give a quarterback is enough weapons aligned to where his leadership ability and his skill will allow everybody to excel. I think with the draft and everything, I think Carr would have liked to have a running back in his back so they can get some mismatches going on. But they’ve got a good player in Mario Williams and they made that decision. Carr is an excellent quarterback, make no mistake about that. You don’t have a leading receiver in the game without a good guy throwing it at him.”

Warren Sapps impression of David Carr,does he have the pulse of our organization ? Is this a cookie cutter response ?
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just Lip Service or do other teams respect or QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
(on QB David Carr) “I think he’s a good quarterback. I think the one thing that you have to give a quarterback is enough weapons aligned to where his leadership ability and his skill will allow everybody to excel. I think with the draft and everything, I think Carr would have liked to have a running back in his back so they can get some mismatches going on. But they’ve got a good player in Mario Williams and they made that decision. Carr is an excellent quarterback, make no mistake about that. You don’t have a leading receiver in the game without a good guy throwing it at him.”

Warren Sapps impression of David Carr,does he have the pulse of our organization ? Is this a cookie cutter response ?
Warren Sapp has never been the type to say anything other than what he really thinks. He doesnt beat around the bush about anything.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #3
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Quote:

Almost all player quotes about anything are cookie cutter. There are a few exceptions, and they get a lot of air time on sportscenter.
Old 11-30-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheus_Rex View Post
Almost all player quotes about anything are cookie cutter. There are a few exceptions, and they get a lot of air time on sportscenter.
If it dosnt involve Reggie Bush or the draft in general, nothing about the Texans gets any time on sportscenter.
Old 11-30-2006   #5
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
If it dosnt involve Reggie Bush or the draft in general, nothing about the Texans gets any time on sportscenter.
Yeah, the Oilers get more airtime. lol
Old 11-30-2006   #6
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean Warren Sapp and the Fans dont agree. He is a good QB, as soon as we become a more dominant team in the run game you will see it, I am not talking about falling backwards into 100 yards every now and again, I mean really running the football like this system needs.

One major reason Jake Plummer had a Pro Bowl season last year was because they had 2 1,000 yard backs, this Offense is based off the run.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

When this team was middle of the pack running the football with Dom Davis the passing game was identical. Dink and Dunk, zone in one your primary and dump to Dom Davis. Now that this team struggles to run the ball we use that as the reason we can't make plays in the passing game. Seems a bit ironic.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2006   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how many times I've heard Kubiak talk about trying to slow down our QBs eyes and feet. Not sure what there's not to get... If Sapp's comments came from the weekly conf. call, there's nothing other than canned spam coming from those....
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

This is probably the only time in Warren Sapps history that "lip service" and his name has ever been used in the same sentence. But haters will think what they want and belive only what they think, truth be damn
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #10
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe there's a defensive player in the league that fears David Carr on any level.

This is the same lip service we hear every week, about every QB, from every defensive player that is going to face them.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I've never heard any player say anything negative about another teams players the week before the game.......

YOu might have Chad Johnson saying, "they can't stop Ocho Cinco"

or Ray Lewis saying, "we're ready" in regards to Reggie Bush, but you won't hear many guys slamming the players on another team.

Not even T.O. he only slammed the guys on his own team.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think all defenders like Carr .
Old 11-30-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

I think there is a player loyalty of sorts that in most cases, you don't disrespect another player's ability since it does take ability to even make the roster (Corey Bradford excluded). So you will never get the "oh, he is terrible" response that he might really be thinking.

I have never seen an interview where the athlete really says something compelling about the personnel on the other team. They have to show some respect, so I say it is more lipservice... there are always exceptions to the rule, so I acknowledge that, butI think this is an easy 90-10 rule.
Old 11-30-2006   #14
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
When this team was middle of the pack running the football with Dom Davis the passing game was identical. Dink and Dunk, zone in one your primary and dump to Dom Davis. Now that this team struggles to run the ball we use that as the reason we can't make plays in the passing game. Seems a bit ironic.
Both Passing games are not even close, sure they are both "passing games" but totally different.
Both are the same kind though , they both rely on the run, A Lot.

When we had the run going with Doms squad the WRs STANK! Remember the roll coverage to Dre every week, 2 man routes and 3 TEs in the game.

Now the running game stinks, stinks is being nice, and we have the players in the passing game, running "consistanly" is what is hurting this team...........I thought you would know that.

Reason all you want, they are called FACTS.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #15
ib4texans
Veteran

[quote=kcwilson;516115]I think there is a player loyalty of sorts that in most cases, you don't disrespect another player's ability since it does take ability to even make the roster (Corey Bradford excluded). So you will never get the "oh, he is terrible" response that he might really be thinking.

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've never heard any player say anything negative about another teams players the week before the game.......

Yeah the reason I started the thread was to point out the disparity between the respect that other players give and some of the "fans" of the Texans.

Then you see that some of the fans take the T.O. approach,constantly slamming guys on his own team.

I don't say this as a Homer the guy makes mistakes, if your arguement is that your a fan of the Texans and not Carr. Then show some respect for the team by not disrespecting one of the key players. I don't think you can be a fan of AJ, Demeco and Mario and turn around and slamm Carr, Faggins, Lundy etc.
Old 11-30-2006   #16
trublu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

YOu might have Chad Johnson saying, "they can't stop Ocho Cinco"

or Ray Lewis saying, "we're ready" in regards to Reggie Bush, but you won't hear many guys slamming the players on another team.

Plaxico Burress slammed T.O. and the entire chicago secondary; saying they only intercept balls that are thrown right in their hands.

Last edited by trublu; 11-30-2006 at 01:55 PM.
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #17
real

Quote:
I don't think you can be a fan of AJ, Demeco and Mario and turn around and slamm Carr, Faggins, Lundy etc.
This is not little leauge, where you root for all the kids, and are just happy to go out and watch them compete...

If you are a fan of the TEAM, how can you not slamm guys that aren't doing enough ?
Old 11-30-2006   #18
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
This is not little leauge, where you root for all the kids, and are just happy to go out and watch them compete...

If you are a fan of the TEAM, how can you not slamm guys that aren't doing enough ?
I didn't like all the kids that I played with, I just knew better than to trash them. I can't debate you on what is enough. Has our defense done enough? Nope! Have they improved hell yeah! Demeco is a flat Stud, has he done enough for us to win games? Dunte is awesome, has he done enough? The point is individually there are players that have done enough. The problem is when the W doesn't come it is the fault of David Carr, his interceptions are down as well as fumbles. His yardage and completions are up! Individuals don't win the game or lose the game. If we beat the Raiders on Sunday I wouldn't come to this board and say David Carr won that football game for us.
I would say that the team finally executed the way that they should and got a damn win!
Old 11-30-2006   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's somewhat lipservice, but its also the truth. Like some have said, you won't here any player talking bad about another player the week before a game against one another; there's a mutual respect there for just being able to make it on that level.

With all that said, ALL players know that you need playmakers on both sides of the ball to be successful in this league especially the QB. Sapp is just merely pointing out that there has been a lack of the aforementioned on the offensive side of the bal DC's entire career.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #20
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
(on QB David Carr) “I think he’s a good quarterback. I think the one thing that you have to give a quarterback is enough weapons aligned to where his leadership ability and his skill will allow everybody to excel. I think with the draft and everything, I think Carr would have liked to have a running back in his back so they can get some mismatches going on. But they’ve got a good player in Mario Williams and they made that decision. Carr is an excellent quarterback, make no mistake about that. You don’t have a leading receiver in the game without a good guy throwing it at him.

He didn't have to add this part, he could have left it as stated in the earlier part of the quote. Maybe he has a geniune respect for a guy that has been sacked on average 50+ times in his first four years. I have said, I'm not a Homer. I just know that someone who knows the game like Sapp has more insight than I.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read