Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-29-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default an early look at what could happen in the draft

I see that new england has two first round pics...even though they are late in the first round, we would still be able to get great picks in this area. We could trade out of our top 5 pick to get new englands 21st and 27th pics (as of what they are now) there are a few ways we can address this situation; go for two texas players in Cedric Griffin and Justin Blalock at either picks...or we can go for a linebacker (that "Puz" guy) and then draft a defensive back...I think we need to address the linebackers, safteys and offensive line depth on the first day. On the second day, go for a quarterback, running back and a defensive lineman. I think we should have another great free agency this year...we should get a veteran corner that can actually run down the field with the younger faster guys in the league. tell me what yall think
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: an early look at what could happen in the draft

If we were to trade out and get those suggested picks, I would go Landry who should be there at 21. If he is gone, I take Cason or Revis and pray that Nelson is there 6 picks later.
Old 11-29-2006   #3
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Doubt New England does that, they have too many people getting old, too many people need replacing for them but I like the idea.
Old 11-29-2006   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the way they rebuilt the offensive line on the run. Brady has all day in the pocket those guys are extremely well coached, play together as a unit you can tell they are behind thier man and the man has confidence in return.

Last year they had several free agency losses but somehow they regroup and just make another run. if the Texans where to make a trade with them I would fear the worse in return.

no thanks

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
I see that new england has two first round pics...even though they are late in the first round, we would still be able to get great picks in this area. We could trade out of our top 5 pick to get new englands 21st and 27th pics (as of what they are now) there are a few ways we can address this situation; go for two texas players in Cedric Griffin and Justin Blalock at either picks...or we can go for a linebacker (that "Puz" guy) and then draft a defensive back...I think we need to address the linebackers, safteys and offensive line depth on the first day. On the second day, go for a quarterback, running back and a defensive lineman. I think we should have another great free agency this year...we should get a veteran corner that can actually run down the field with the younger faster guys in the league. tell me what yall think
Cedric Griffin is actually a CB on the Vikings that graduated from Texas last year.

Michael Griffin is the guy you are thinking of.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I say we just steal Asante Samuel from them and say we got the best of them (ignoring the outcome of week 16) . . .
Old 11-29-2006   #7
MarleyFan
Veteran

Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch is on my wish list for the Raiders.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

That could be an interesting idea seeing as that would put the Pats in position to draft either Jared or Johnson, seeing as they are in need for an impact WR.
Old 11-30-2006   #9
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan View Post
Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch is on my wish list for the Raiders.
With Jordan's fat contract and your terrible O-line, that dosnt sound realistic to me. Although with Gallery's performance I understand if you are hesitant to draft O-line that high...
Old 11-30-2006   #10
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like the trade idea much and most of the guys that you all listed are top 10 to 15 guys so we can hope to get one of them at pick 7 (a little prediction) I want Laron Landry or Darelle Revis.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #11
MarleyFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
With Jordan's fat contract and your terrible O-line, that dosnt sound realistic to me. Although with Gallery's performance I understand if you are hesitant to draft O-line that high...
Yeah, but you can't pass those two RB's up. Free agency would be the way to go for a quick fix on the O-line. I'm pretty sure Porter and Moss are outa here before next season.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #12
real

Here's a site that shows who has what Picks<---

Here's my scenario:

Everyone is focusing on the Patriots two first rd picks....

But IMO the Jets would be the perfect trading partner...

They have two second rd. picks and will probably finish around 15-20 in draft position...

We'll probably be top ten....The Jets need a RB, and if they want Peterson or Lynch bad enough, we may be able to trade down to the 15-20 range....pick up Landry, or Poslunsky, or Long...and then get one of their second rd. picks....
Old 11-30-2006   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Here's my scenario:

They have two second rd. picks and will probably finish around 15-20 in draft position...

We'll probably be top ten....The Jets need a RB, and if they want Peterson or Lynch bad enough, we may be able to trade down to the 15-20 range....pick up Landry, or Poslunsky, or Long...and then get one of their second rd. picks....

I like it 15-20 range......pick up Landry/Poslunsy/Long.....Texans own 2nd 35-40 Nelson/Bennett/Everett.....Jets 2nd (Denver flips w/Washington if too far apart so that would not be as attractive) Carriker/Okoye/Wright.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #14
Ride 'Em
Rookie

I like the idea of trading down to get Landy or Posluzny but the difficult part is getting someone else willing to trade up.
Old 11-30-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride 'Em View Post
I like the idea of trading down to get Landy or Posluzny but the difficult part is getting someone else willing to trade up.
I think if we have a top 5 pick it won't be that hard....
Old 11-30-2006   #16
Ride 'Em
Rookie

Quote:
I think if we have a top 5 pick it won't be that hard....
We didn't exactly get a ton of offers for our top 5 pick last year. (That I know of.)
Old 11-30-2006   #17
real

Post Re: an early look at what could happen in the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride 'Em View Post
We didn't exactly get a ton of offers for our top 5 pick last year. (That I know of.)
We probably got offers...just not offers we liked....

And last year, because of how the top of the draft was structred, a lot of people were content with just taking who fell to them....Not to mention it was a pretty deep draft...
Old 12-01-2006   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We probably got offers...just not offers we liked....

And last year, because of how the top of the draft was structred, a lot of people were content with just taking who fell to them....Not to mention it was a pretty deep draft...

That's what it really was.
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a site that shows who has what Picks<---

Here's my scenario:

Mods if we find a good one, could we sitcky it up top.

There's a better chart out there. But Yoda does a nice job expalining here:

http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...art#post304904
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyFan View Post
Yeah, but you can't pass those two RB's up. Free agency would be the way to go for a quick fix on the O-line. I'm pretty sure Porter and Moss are outa here before next season.
This franchise has had an abysmal history with the quick fixer upper o-lineman. Thanks, but nooo thanks. Your draft day draft dream and mine are one and the same. Adrian "Redcross" Peterson to the raiders .
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read