Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2006   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post So what if we lose to the Raiders?!

The Raiders are worse than us on offense and on the defensive side of the ball the secondary is the only bright spot. Now with Sapp at DT and they can't seem to stop the run, which Lundy should have a field day.

Like he was supposed to have against the Jets.

But this game to me is a battle between who will be better on the offensive side of the ball and if Lundy has a good running game I see us pulling off a W.
As for defense we need to pressure the QB (sounds familiar) and get some takeaways. Like our 2nd Jaguars game which the defense just exploded on forcing turnovers. The Raiders are a poor team, if we lose seriously....we won't win another game this year.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #2
TexansFan4EvR
Rookie

Default Re: So what if we lose to the Raiders?!

It really dosent matter how we win ... I just want to WIN!! I keep hearing all of our talent is unhappy and its starting to depress me! Andre is the ownly pro bowler we have that will probaly go again. I dont want him and moulds to leave.

I Just cant stand to see us lose again its so depressing :brickwall

SO COME ON TEXANS WIN THIS ONE FOR US!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2006   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78127 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
The Raiders are worse than us on offense and on the defensive side of the ball the secondary is the only bright spot. Now with Sapp at DT and they can't seem to stop the run, which Lundy should have a field day.

Like he was supposed to have against the Jets.

But this game to me is a battle between who will be better on the offensive side of the ball and if Lundy has a good running game I see us pulling off a W.
As for defense we need to pressure the QB (sounds familiar) and get some takeaways. Like our 2nd Jaguars game which the defense just exploded on forcing turnovers. The Raiders are a poor team, if we lose seriously....we won't win another game this year.
Oakland has the #7 defense in the league (290 yds per game) & they are also #12 in points given up (20 per game). They are also 4th in the league in INTs (14) which is impressive considering that nobody has to pass on them cuz they are always losing.

With all that said, I would say that their defense is pretty dang good considering that their offense is ranked last in the NFL in points and yards & they are most certainly at the bottom of the league in time of possession.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If we lose to the Raiders it will say a lot - I'm not exactly sure what. Last week's game was called a message game for the Texans by Kubiak. We all saw the message. They aren't very good. It is probably a combination of things:

Lack of talent - this is self-explanatory.

Inexperienced coaching - I think this shows in the lack of effective game plans and in-game adjustments. It also is reflected in how the roster was built; what they valued in players when making roster decisions and how they balanced needs versus roster spots.

Attitude - Even if the players go into the game telling themselves they will win, I think they immediately expect to lose at the first sign of adversity. I think this is caused by losing so much and by lack of confidence in their fellow players and coaching (game plan and schemes).

=======================

If they lose big against the Radiers it shows:
1) The Raiders have improved
2) The players have given up

If they lose a close game it shows
1) The Raiders have improved
2) It may or may not show we haven't quit

If we win a close game or win big
1) It shows we haven't given up.
2) It doesn't mean we're good.
Old 11-29-2006   #5
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not easy to go out to the west coast and win. But I definitely wouldn't look past the Raiders, they have a good D.
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

we'll have to do a member check to make sure nobody went off and slit their wrist; I dont think this board could take that kind of depressing news . . .
Old 11-29-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
we'll have to do a member check to make sure nobody went off and slit their wrist; I dont think this board could take that kind of depressing news . . .
Then we better start setting expectations. We aren't much better than the Raiders. They were a joke early in the year and maybe they still are. However, I can think of another team that was a joke last year and is surely getting some snickers this year.
Old 11-29-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Then we better start setting expectations. We aren't much better than the Raiders. They were a joke early in the year and maybe they still are. However, I can think of another team that was a joke last year and is surely getting some snickers this year.
Thats always the problem, when expectations arent met. Alot of casual fans are thinking "hey, its the Raiders!" not realizing they have the best pass D in the league. They're going to watch this game and if it doesn't go well, time to find shelter because this board could become all pessimism and negativity! We NEED to win this game for us, so we won't have to hear "we lost to the Raiders, we suck" from our own fans all offseason . . .
Old 11-29-2006   #9
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
It's not easy to go out to the west coast and win. But I definitely wouldn't look past the Raiders, they have a good D.
We haven't earned the right to even think about looking past anyone yet.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders have a new OC ... the players may be fired up to show it was'nt them .
The Texans tried out the sprinter Gatlan as a holder so he can beat everybody down the field and break his thumb .
Old 11-29-2006   #11
Dunta_23
All Pro

The good thing is that without LaMont Jordan, Randy Moss is the only real weapon they have on offense....but it is RANDY MOSS....and he has been quiet this yr, but if he gets put on Petey for a play or 2, it very well may be 14 pts(Lee Evans style)... The Texans D has much improved since the beginning of the season and I HOPE that our offense is better than the Raiders....

Although like somebody just stated we havent earned the right to look passed anybody ....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78127 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
The good thing is that without LaMont Jordan, Randy Moss is the only real weapon they have on offense....but it is RANDY MOSS....and he has been quiet this yr, but if he gets put on Petey for a play or 2, it very well may be 14 pts(Lee Evans style)... The Texans D has much improved since the beginning of the season and I HOPE that our offense is better than the Raiders....

Although like somebody just stated we havent earned the right to look passed anybody ....
I bet Randy Moss comes to play against us.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on nobody gets behind our defense .
Old 11-29-2006   #14
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

We'll be 3-9.

I think it is important though to know that the team is making improvements in certain areas and those underperforming are held accountable. Since record doesn't make a difference this year... I am more interested in post game changes and actions taken.

I want to see Kubiak go bonkers if the secondary gives up a bomb again this week.

Overall, I like our chances. The offense of the Raiders is poor and we should be able to sit back against the pass a bit. All their QB's are bad decision makers, which makes up slightly for lack of pass rush.

Defensively, the Raiders can control the ball... I look for Kubiak to be creative with the run again (reverses to AJ and Moulds, lining up Walter in the backfield, QB sweep)... needs to jump start the offensive running game and we should pull out these unique talents to get the ball in the playmakers hands... Carr is excellent running as a qb and should be designed to run more... heck, throw in an option play to keep them guessing....
Old 11-30-2006   #15
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

we cant lose,... they are the raiders for christ sake. if we put up 17, we will win.
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no confidence in the Texans chances this weekend at Oakland. I
hate to say that, but thats exactly how I feel.
I'm really concerned that the Buffalo game was a huge, really a devastating loss for a team thats collective ego was already in a very fragile state.
I hope I'm wrong, because a win out there would put them in a good frame of mind to come home and beat the Titans the following week in Reliant. And
that would be consecutive wins, which would probably redeem a large share of lost fan support and makes us all feel better about the team. Especially the team themselves.
So this weekend is huge !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Any Texans win at this point is gravy in my eyes. I expect nothing from them for the rest of the season. I'm of the opinion that something inside this team "broke" in the Buffalo game and until I see evidence that these guys can fix it on the fly in midseason I'm not going to get excited about our chances of beating anyone.

Somewhere in that stretch of Tennessee-New York (Giants)-Jacksonville-Buffalo-New York (Jets) I think the Texans were supposed to step up and it didn't happen. In fact they regressed along the way. I can't account for the Jacksonville game in there but I put no real stock in that win. No matter how bad we are in any given year we're a threat to sweep the Jaguars. Those games were all really close (except for the last one) and losing them like that seems to have stopped our guys dead in their collective tracks. They were all games that this team wins if it gets just a little bit better. They were the kind of games that turn a 3-8 record into a 6-5 record (assuming possible wins at Tennessee, New York (Giants) and against Buffalo.

Furthermore a streak like that (Throwing in Jacksonville) gives us a 4 game win streak going into New York to play the Jets. Teams with that kind of momentum don't come out and just wallow around like we saw the Texans do on Sunday.

If we lose to the Raiders then we'll be 3-9 and I won't even bother discussing it after the fact. I'll be watching the Texans to see how they respond to again being the worst team in the NFL.

I see threads talking about Eric Moulds being unhappy and Andre Johnson being unhappy. Welcome to the party guys. I'd like to introduce you to another 70,000+ other "Texans" that aren't really happy with the way things are going. They can't much influence the outcome but you can. What are you going to do about it besides whine and sulk? Why don't one of you step up and try and light a fire under your teammates instead of venting this way?
Old 11-30-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
we cant lose,... they are the raiders for christ sake. if we put up 17, we will win.
As you watch the game, have a brown paper bag ready. You may need to breathe into it as the game progresses.
Old 11-30-2006   #19
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I see threads talking about Eric Moulds being unhappy and Andre Johnson being unhappy. Welcome to the party guys. I'd like to introduce you to another 70,000+ other "Texans" that aren't really happy with the way things are going. They can't much influence the outcome but you can. What are you going to do about it besides whine and sulk? Why don't one of you step up and try and light a fire under your teammates instead of venting this way?
From your computer to their ears.

Unfortunately, I don't expect much these next two weeks - but I do know that a loss in Oakland followed by a Titan sweep will be beyond devastating for everyone - coaches/players/fans - the uproar from the fans will be deafening and not in a good way.

I feel like being a Kubiak mimic - I don't want to look. I'll be in front of the TV and at the Titan game - but I might have my eyes closed.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006   #20
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If we loose we'll be looking at a race for the 1st overall pick again. However if we loose it will shed some light on the coaching as well. It's their job to make sure the players stay focused and believe in the system. If their not running full speed it's because they don't believe what they do is going to work. The most important part of the team is the coaching. I dunno what's up with Kube's if he really thinks this team can't handle certain calls or whatever, but if he doesn't open up the playbook soon. Ey after 11 games this should have already been happened. He'll loose the faith of the players. The other day I think I read someone say that Kubes thought we needed four seasons of drafting like this one before we had a good team. To me that's insane, you gotta coach up the talent you have and discipline it into a cohesive unit. At the moment we have few needs and while upgrades are always welcome he has to make the team greater than the sum of it's parts. I thought after last yr. that our coaching struggles would be over, but now we have a rookie HC and it seems that he's struggling as well. I hope he get's it together before the end of this season. The game against Oakland will show us where we're going.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read