Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2006   #1
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Moulds Unhappy?

Quote:
MOULDS MIFFED IN HOUSTON
Receiver Eric Moulds, who got a ticket out of Buffalo in the offseason and a fresh start in Houston, is unhappy, we're told, regarding his lack of involvement in the Texans passing game.
Per a league source, Moulds has been consistently lining up at the "Z" position in the offense, with Andre Johnson playing the "X" role. The problem? The Houston offense focuses on throwing the ball to the "X" receiver.
It's the same dynamic that caused former Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie to ask out of Denver, which was using the same offense in past years that former Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak (now the head coach of the Texans) has installed in Houston.
Through eleven games, Moulds has 49 receptions for 510 yards and one touchdown. Johnson has 84 receptions for 982 yards and five scores, putting him on pace for 122 receptions for the year, which would be one of the highest single-season totals in league history.
Moulds apparently was under the mistaken impression that he'd become the Peerless Price of the Texans offense, running free in single coverage (and catching lots and lots of passes) while Johnson is blanketed with double coverage. It simply hasn't worked out that way to date.
We haven't heard whether Moulds wants out of Houston after this season. He is signed through 2009.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Consider the source but something to wonder about.
Old 11-29-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Moulds Unhappy?

Wouldn't suprise me. He went from one losing to team to another.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #3
real

Side Note:

I heard an interview of with Moulds a while back, and when they asked him about the draft, he said that when they announced they were going to get Mario instead of Bush he was upset...He said he thought it'd be fun to play with a guy like Bush...He said that he understood the pick of Mario because of building up the defense....but FWIW, it didn't sound to me as if he was pleased with the pick....
Old 11-29-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Of course Moulds is upset. His offense sucks, his quarterback sucks, his coach isn't insisting on throwing the ball downfield, and it doesnt look to get any better in the near future. Hopefully he will be the first teammate to call out Carr as a failed experiment so we can finally move on and kick that loser out of town for good much to the bemusement of the homers that infest this board.

doug ftw
Old 11-29-2006   #5
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Of course Moulds is upset. His offense sucks, his quarterback sucks, his coach isn't insisting on throwing the ball downfield, and it doesnt look to get any better in the near future. Hopefully he will be the first teammate to call out Carr as a failed experiment so we can finally move on and kick that loser out of town for good much to the bemusement of the homers that infest this board.

doug ftw
Moulds was not highly sought after. That's why we got him. You really have to make it easier for an expansion team to get up and running. Nobody will come play for one except a mercenary, precisely the kind of people who won't help with character issues in the locker room.
Old 11-29-2006   #6
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Side Note:

I heard an interview of with Moulds a while back, and when they asked him about the draft, he said that when they announced they were going to get Mario instead of Bush he was upset...He said he thought it'd be fun to play with a guy like Bush...He said that he understood the pick of Mario because of building up the defense....but FWIW, it didn't sound to me as if he was pleased with the pick....
Maybe then he was, but after seeing Bush has not been really productive at all for the Saints, i bet he's happy now...Alot of ppl weren't happy then, but iam the first to admit, iam glad we didn't get him...I would have rather had De Angelo.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #7
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

This is opposite everything I've heard or seen Eric say. He stated repeatedly that he knew he would be second to AJ.He only needs about 80 yds/game avg to end up @ 1,000. He also really likes AJ. I do not think he squawks until after season starts and he see how team shakes out.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2006   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

doug ftw
Wow another chance for you to say the same thing over and over again without actually saying one single fact.

Regurgitation For The Win!!
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #9
ib4texans
Veteran

I think he deserves to be involved more, I would be interested on his thrown to/receptions stats. I am not an AJ or Carr hater, but I've watched every single game this season and Moulds has a better throw to reception ratio than Andre. This offense is designed to get the ball to AJ alot in double coverage and for some strange reason Carr threw into quadruple coverage against the Titans. Bad read on his part trying to make something that wasn't there, unfortunatly it looks alot like what Bledsoe was trying to acomplish with Terry Glenn. I think the play design needs to broaden and be more creative, I don't want this team to run a Denver offense with a bunch of overtired ex Denver players, it seems like any time a spot is open on the team we have to fill it with an ex Bronco. Bring on the season of change!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:

doug ftw
John is that you???? John Mcclain?
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Wow another chance for you to say the same thing over and over again without actually saying one single fact.

Regurgitation For The Win!!
Here is a fact for you to chew on. Carr is one of the most losingest starting QBs in the history of the NFL of 3 or more starting seasons. 18-49 as an NFL starter. I believe if we lose 3 more games this year he officially becomes the #1 loser in the history of NFL QBs for starters of 5 years or more. He is already the biggest loser for 4 year starters. Please read this, digest this, process this, and come back with something besides the lame excuses you homers perpetuate.

Some of you mensas are even touting him as being Pro Bowl worthy? Where do you guys get this stuff at? Whatever, just another myopian Houston sports fan....something we never run short of

dftw
Old 11-29-2006   #12
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Here is a fact for you to chew on. Carr is one of the most losingest starting QBs in the history of the NFL of 3 or more starting seasons. 18-49 as an NFL starter. I believe if we lose 3 more games this year he officially becomes the #1 loser in the history of NFL QBs for starters of 5 years or more. He is already the biggest loser for 4 year starters. Please read this, digest this, process this, and come back with something besides the lame excuses you homers perpetuate.

Some of you mensas are even touting him as being Pro Bowl worthy? Where do you guys get this stuff at? Whatever, just another myopian Houston sports fan....something we never run short of

dftw
You know its kinda funny how when a team looses its the QB's fault....hhhmmmm so let me get this straight your telling me that Carr alone by himeself has lost 49 games and won 18....all by himslef. Yeaaaaa well heres a fact you can swallow, football is a TEAM sport. win as a team and lose as a team.
Old 11-29-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16 View Post
Can i ask you a question, and this has nothing to deal really at all with this topic, but yes i understand you dont like carr, but do you hate him as person cause it appears that way. and if so why? hes a football player, he plays football, he starts cause hes told hes the starter, please i ask you hate the player not the person. so stop attacking him and calling him names, how do yoiu lije it jerk?
Where in that quote did I call him names? I said he sucks, and he does. What is your point. I am sorry if the truth hurts man. I wish it wasn't the truth. Believe me. I am a fan just like you but instead of putting my head in the sand and hiding from reality, I actually voice an honest opinion and criticize those deserving of said criticism.

I am sorry if your feelings or Lil Davey's feelings are hurt from all the criticism. Grow up and get over it. Now I could resort to namecalling like you have done to me, but I will rarely direct venom at a single fellow fan because that is against this boards code of conduct and generally in bad taste. Flame wars are not with this board is about. It's about honest discourse about our favorite football team whether or not we agree with our fellow posters or not....luckily for you its not a flame war board.

GO TEXANS

Doug ftw
Old 11-29-2006   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You know its kinda funny how when a team looses its the QB's fault....hhhmmmm so let me get this straight your telling me that Carr alone by himeself has lost 49 games and won 18....all by himslef. Yeaaaaa well heres a fact you can swallow, football is a TEAM sport. win as a team and lose as a team.
There has been one constant throughout those 49losses and 18 wins....David Carr as the starter...geez even Tony Banks won half the games with the Texans (the Banks 2-2 record as starter was not included in the 18-14 record)....but he aint a golden boy like Carr so of course that gets shooed right under the rug, huh.

In the famous words of Bill Parcells. 'You are what you are'. And no truer words have ever been spoken. Carr is a losing QB. You are a homer fan. Its really that simple.

doug ftw
Old 11-29-2006   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Can someone please tell me how to add people to my ignore list? TIA.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #16
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
There has been one constant throughout those 49losses and 18 wins....David Carr as the starter...geez even Tony Banks won half the games with the Texans (the Banks 2-2 record as starter was not included in the 18-14 record)....but he aint a golden boy like Carr so of course that gets shooed right under the rug, huh.

In the famous words of Bill Parcells. 'You are what you are'. And no truer words have ever been spoken. Carr is a losing QB. You are a homer fan. Its really that simple.

doug ftw
Again you are very patronizing. you rant on and on how you have your opinion of carr but when someone expresses that they like him they are automatically a homer. so steve mckinney has been a starter must be his 49 losses, andre johnson in the 3 years has been here must be is what 46 losses i beleive, i mean come on. look at the big picture not just " CARR, YOU SUCK"
Old 11-29-2006   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Can someone please tell me how to add people to my ignore list? TIA.
Step 1 - Click on the users name next to his avatar/logo.
Step 2 - Click on View Public Profile
Step 3 - On the right side of the header that appears you will see, for example, Add 'Second Honeymoon' to your ignore list
Step 4 - Continue being automaton homer fan

doug ftw
Old 11-29-2006   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Again you are very patronizing. you rant on and on how you have your opinion of carr but when someone expresses that they like him they are automatically a homer. so steve mckinney has been a starter must be his 49 losses, andre johnson in the 3 years has been here must be is what 46 losses i beleive, i mean come on. look at the big picture not just " CARR, YOU SUCK"
Well forgive me for my patronization. The homer attitude just gets old after 5 years I guess. As for Carr as a person, I have always said he is by all reports a good human being, good family man, and a tough SOB. However, I just dont think he has what it takes to be a winning NFL QB. Now that he has been force fed down our throat for going on 5 years, I am sorry if I am showing some frustration towards our franchise current direction, led by Carr.

It's just one man's opinion but it is an opinion shared by, what I personally feel, is a growing majority of Texans fans. Carr is not the answer.

doug ftw
Old 11-29-2006   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
See that was simple, thank you for answering my question and clearing that up for me. But stop being so ignorant and calling every othee person a Homer it gets old too. thanks
duly noted
Old 11-29-2006   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

LOL ... DFTW gave me negative rep for asking how to add someone to my ignore list. Two very amusing things here - 1.) He automatically assumed it was him I wanted to add, and 2.) it deducted a single point of rep LMAO!

Good job, DFTW. The board (hell, the world!) is a better place with you in it.

/bow
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read