Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2006   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Uh, just a quick question....

Is it September yet? Sigh, another football season cometh and another non-winning season rears its ugly head. How longs it been since a meaninful game has been played in Houston in December? By meaningful, playoff position on the line. 93, 94? This just blows, and to top it off, the Cowboys are playing well!
Old 11-29-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uh, just a quick question....

yep...it sucks to be losers
Old 11-29-2006   #3
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

The last meaningful game probably was in December 2004 when the Texans at 7-8 got smoked like a jerky treat by the visiting Browns. Major confidence shock from that game, IMO.
Old 11-29-2006   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
The last meaningful game probably was in December 2004 when the Texans at 7-8 got smoked like a jerky treat by the visiting Browns. Major confidence shock from that game, IMO.
No playoff implications there, just a blown chance for a non-losing season.
Old 11-29-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the Bush Bowl ?
Old 11-29-2006   #6
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
No playoff implications there, just a blown chance for a non-losing season.
You wanted my opinion, I gave it. I think that was the last meaningful game... the fans again turned on the team after that and the team also took it to mean something.
Old 11-29-2006   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am happy that we spanked the Jags this season though. No matter how we finish, they are still our red-headed step children.

Old 11-29-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Whether we play the Titans or not on December 10th that would be the next meaningful game. There are friggin 8 regular season home games each year and they are all meaningful.

Sick of fans who have a loser, defeatist and take for granted mentality.
Old 11-29-2006   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with KC ... after Kelly Holcombe and the Browns kicked the crap out the Texans , a team who was at home playing for a milestone in their franchise history ... was to say the least the beginning of where we are today . Ron White would ... You know what this teams gotta lot of quit in them .
Old 11-29-2006   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Whether we play the Titans or not on December 10th that would be the next meaningful game. There are friggin 8 regular season home games each year and they are all meaningful.

Sick of fans who have a loser, defeatist and take for granted mentality.
I defined what I meant by meaningful, playoff implications. This is not college ball, where beating a team rival makes your whole season. I personally don' t have a loser, deaftist attitude, but I do see it in fans when I make it out to Houston for my one or two games a year. As far as the rest of the games having meaning, I suppose your right. To evaluate who deserves to be on this team next year and who doesn't and also to hopefully develop a winning attitude. Thats about it.
Old 11-29-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I am happy that we spanked the Jags this season though. No matter how we finish, they are still our red-headed step children.

This could be the second time in 3 years we basically eliminated them from the playoffs by virtue of our 2 wins.
Old 11-29-2006   #12
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Bring on next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I defined what I meant by meaningful, playoff implications. This is not college ball, where beating a team rival makes your whole season. I personally don' t have a loser, deaftist attitude, but I do see it in fans when I make it out to Houston for my one or two games a year. As far as the rest of the games having meaning, I suppose your right. To evaluate who deserves to be on this team next year and who doesn't and also to hopefully develop a winning attitude. Thats about it.
No slight at you and that is why I separated each thought. However, my take on every game is meaningful was addressed to your question.
Old 11-29-2006   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that not winning is a terrible feeling, but the feeling I get from some on this thread is that you do not care what happens the rest of the way. If you are a fan you would care about each and every game. Reflect after the season is over not now when there are still games to played. Do not pull a Plaxico and give up before it is over.

I know the Texans will not make the playoffs but I care how they end the season just as much as I care about how they start the season.

Oh and if you really are looking forward to next season, then why are you still here?
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

If I'm a player I'm bustin my butt for a job . You watch a losing team and you can tell who the players you want to keep are by the way they perform no matter the score or record . If I'm the coach I'm trying to build momentum for next year ... trying to turn the corner . If I'm a fan I'm trying not to eat anything greasy before the game ... it causes indigestion .
Old 11-29-2006   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If I'm a player I'm bustin my butt for a job . You watch a losing team and you can tell who the players you want to keep are by the way they perform no matter the score or record . If I'm the coach I'm trying to build momentum for next year ... trying to turn the corner . If I'm a fan I'm trying not to eat anything greasy before the game ... it causes indigestion .
Exactly, I agree 100% with you.

Well except the greasy food part, I have an iron stomach so give me chilli dogs with Jalpenos and Hot wigns with extra hot sauce.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #17
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

What is meaningful is that Ryans is trying to become rookie if the year and if the team continues to lose at lease go out and root for him.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read