Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2006   #1
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Andre's Not Happy

Internally Texans players are very unhappy with the team performance and not being able to turn things around soon enough.

Link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4366015.html
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre's Not Happy

AJ might be the most underachieving player right now, based on his potential of course, but it's still hard for me to blame him when we have guys out there that just don't have the talent for their specific position, especially in the defensive backfield. Then there's what I see as utter confusion in the run-blocking, but that's debatable. It is true that we need some players to step up and make big plays, non of which are doing it, and AJ is the most talented player on the team. I think he can do more, despite all his yardage that he has gotten. I can't say I feel so confident about anybody else's chances for individual improvement.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"It's very frustrating, because everybody around here wants to win," Johnson said. "That's the biggest thing — to win. We just have to use these five games and try to perform at the highest level we can so we can hopefully build something."
I dunno, is this candid talk by AJ or just lip service ?
We'll see Sunday in Oakland.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #4
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
Internally Texans players are very unhappy with the team performance and not being able to turn things around soon enough.

Link: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4366015.html
Then maybe he should set an example by STOP DROPPING BALLS. Talk about an overrated receiver.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
"It's very frustrating, because everybody around here wants to win," Johnson said. "That's the biggest thing — to win. We just have to use these five games and try to perform at the highest level we can so we can hopefully build something."
As we all know, AJ rarely talks. I think the fact that he's talking so candidly is a sign of his frustration. Once our defensive backfield plays well and our D-line starts pressuring qbs on a regular basis; and once our running game actually manages to gain more than 100 yards per game, i think we'll see dre at his top form once again. i believe in him.
Old 11-29-2006   #6
MrMeToo
All Pro

I don't really see Andre complaining in this article.He even took much of the blame for the loss.I happen to think he is a underrated receiver that doesn't get many big yardage plays(20 yards or more) because his QB doesn't give him as many chances.He gets most of his catches on short yardage routes or slant routes.
Old 11-29-2006   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The pots starting to boil ... the Texans except for Gary Walker have pretty much stuck to the company line when discussing the team . Maybe thats a problem .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2006   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
The pots starting to boil ... the Texans except for Gary Walker have pretty much stuck to the company line when discussing the team . Maybe thats a problem .
remember Jamie Sharper

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see where AJ is complaining about anything other than he isn't happy about the losses and feels some responsibility, as he should, and that the team as a whole isn't happy about the losses, as they should be. Frankly, I don't see any negative comments by him or about the team. To try and portray this as some sort of dession or devisivness by him or within the team is stupid. I'm sure they are all frustrated at the losses, but I doubt there is a blame game going on. They all know they have all been out played for the most part and need to play better.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #10
Tayton
Veteran

Heard an interesting comment by Eric Moulds last night. He basically said that he told players to keep competing because some of them will not be on the team next year and they don't want anything for to look at on film when evaluating their talent. I got the feeling that he was addressing those players that were not going to be here. Also know that he is close to Andre. Guess I'm just stirring the pot.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You forgot Sharper also. He had some things to say.... Which ironically enough, he was gone the very next off-season.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #12
FanFromCali
Rookie

Sometimes saying these things are good for motivation sake and sometimes they only cause more problems.

I am not a fan of bringing your frustrations out to the public. This should be done behind closed doors in team meetings. But I could be wrong, as maybe this will in fact be a motivator. We will see...
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I don't see where AJ is complaining about anything other than he isn't happy about the losses and feels some responsibility, as he should, and that the team as a whole isn't happy about the losses, as they should be. Frankly, I don't see any negative comments by him or about the team. To try and portray this as some sort of dession or devisivness by him or within the team is stupid. I'm sure they are all frustrated at the losses, but I doubt there is a blame game going on. They all know they have all been out played for the most part and need to play better.
I agree with you. I actually came away from the article kind of positive. Maybe this will end up being similar to the time Kubiak fronted Mario out. AJ might have crisper routes or maybe a must get open attitude. We'll see.
Old 11-29-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It says he's not TO or Braylin Edwards is what it says . If there is'nt some discontent ... thats not a good thing . If your as bad as they've been and your a competitor ... you could'nt help but want to jump down somebody's throat . I guess this is the gentler kinder Texans .

Round Dan
Old 11-29-2006   #15
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You forgot Sharper also. He had some things to say.... Which ironically enough, he was gone the very next off-season.
I think that had little (if anything) with Sharper leaving. The Texans had injury concerns with Sharper at the time and he ended up getting IR'd the next year in Seattle and then cut after the season. Since then I think he's had trouble getting on with a team (Tampa, New England) ... not sure if anyone has signed him yet.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"If you look at the games we won, Andre made some special plays in those games," Kubiak said. "When we don't make those plays, we struggle. I just need him to make more of them."

On Monday, Kubiak sat in on meetings with the receivers. Dropped balls and the missed assignments were rehashed. The players were also shown missed plays and yards they left on the field.

"I'm not going to let them be average," Kubiak said.

"We have to get down the field better," Kubiak said. "We have to come off the ball better. I think being a good receiver in this league is being able to take little plays and make them big plays. I think we can make people miss better, take more responsibility as far as run after the catch."
Hmmm . . . the head coach is sitting in on the receivers meetings?

Ruh-roh! Yeah . . I'd say someone's not happy alright! Maybe what Andre's really not happy about, is that he's being 'evaluated' just like everyone else.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

His dropped pass before the half cost us potential points. We just seem to be missing opportuntities in every phase of the game.
Old 11-29-2006   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Kubiak's talking to what maybe a future hall of famer and his best offensive player ... could it be he's telling them to hang in there it'll get better . He may be saying ... look you guys have got to play hard or we have no chance .

Anyone ever been the star of the team and have the coach give you a one on one talk . It does'nt happen during a good streak it happens when he sees your fed up . My most memorable talk is when I was 14 and lost the game for first place to win the first half of the league . We jumped in his truck and sat there for awhile talking ... I looked up and he had a girly calender on his visor . I just looked up and had a lot of questions about the team after i noticed the calender .

Round Dan
Old 11-29-2006   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre hardly deserves the most blame, but he deserves some.... just like everyone else. We have all seen him dropping easily catchable balls recently. I can't get too boiled about that, though.... considering he is talent-wise a man amongst boys on the field.
Old 11-29-2006   #20
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post

Stop dropping balls. That would help.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read