Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2006   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Run Game Idea

This is gonna be kinda stupid, but it popped into my head the other day when I was talking to my dad. He was saying how fullbacks used to run the football more. He said one year OJ got 2000 yards and his fullback got near 1000, maybe over. Why dont we try that sometime? Maybe this year it wont work, but next year? With DD possibly gone, and the general public not wanting a RB in the top rounds, why not pick up a good running FB to compliment the run game?

Another plus is it helps the QB, he only has to manage the game.

I was just curious why you dont see this alot anymore.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #2
cinci_bengals00
Rookie

Default Re: Run Game Idea

Ross, i like the idea but theres a couple of things that come to me off the top of my head..

one, the texans would have to pick up a very elite fullback for that to work. many fbs nowadays mostly block and arent fast or agile enough to be entirely effective..
two, there aren't too many fbs in college who are noticed for their running ability.. and whos going to take a fb early in the draft?

basically.. its a good idea if you can pick up an all around fullback.. it is pointless to have one that can't block because then your rb can't do anything.. idk hit back with some thoughts..
cinci_bengals00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Leonard, FB, Rutgers? could be an option...2nd/3rd round maybe? doubt he slips past those.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #4
amazingandre
All Pro

why are we even talking about fb vonta leach is our guy.....he def. can run more short yardage though..even that is good enough.....he is a hardnosed fb that can block catch and run well......i think this is a waste of a thread.....but i still like how everyone here is trying to come up with ideas to help the team......
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #5
canadiantexan
Veteran

I have to words that can help our run game out an awful lot, our whole offense for that matter ALEX GIBBS. yes he will cost money but he is worth every penny. Every team he has ever coached has had a dominant run game he would be my number one off season priority.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007   #6
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan View Post
I have to words that can help our run game out an awful lot, our whole offense for that matter ALEX GIBBS. yes he will cost money but he is worth every penny. Every team he has ever coached has had a dominant run game he would be my number one off season priority.
Gibbs would be a nice addition, hopefully we can bring him in here to help our OLine out, but even if Sherman leaves they have John Benton currently as assistant OLine coach so I don't know that they'd go and bring in another line coach.
Old 01-05-2007   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

if a fb can run like a rb than he should just be a rb.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2007   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The description for fullback used to differ slightly from what it is today. You still see Earl Campbell referred to as a fullback from time to time, for instance, even though he was a featured tailback, by today's standards.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read