Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2004   #21
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

For a change the o-line was outstanding. Now, if they can keep it up, we might even be 8-8 or possibly better at the end of the season. If they revert, we will be lucky to see 5 wins.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #22
carrtex
Rookie

Default what a game!!!!!!!!!!!

DC and the boys played real well today.I gave the O-Line an A-plus, they did a great job, but the best thing was they won 2 in a row finally.Lets just hope that they can carry this into Minnesota.GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!
carrtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #23
phan1
All Pro

Default Carr is THE BEST QB in the league!!!

......in terms of pure abilities at least. Now I know "pure abilities" is no where near how you are supposed to judge a QB, but damn this guy has it all! I was really impressed with his speed and how he just out-ran Sapp on a scramble. I know he is mobile, but this guy can flat-out run! Plus, I've seen him make pretty much every throw in the book with his cannon arm. The throw across the field for the AJ TD was spot on! Seriously, who else has more talent than Carr at the QB position? When you think purely of what a QB can do, I think Carr is the best. Better than Manning, Favre, McNair, McNabb, or even other prospects like Palmer and Leftwich. I mean, there is physically nothing that he can't do that is demanded at the QB position.

Now I'm not saying he's the best QB in the league. He's likely not even top 10 right now. But in terms of what this guy can do, I really think he's the best in the league. You could make an argument for 2nd only to Vick. Still, I prefer QBs with a pass 1st mentality. It's usually more consistent.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #24
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I admit, coming into the draft the year after Vick alot of people probably overlooked his mobility.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #25
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

enthusiasm is always a good thing but.....

Quote:
how he just out-ran Sapp on a scramble
i think carson palmer and even the pocket friendly leftwich stand a pretty good chance at beating an aging sapp around a corner. that being said, david sure did look good gaining his 35 or so yds on the ground, and showed his growing poise by sliding in bounds to keep that clock running in the 4th. with his mobility and the attitude of getting what he can get every play, it seems we have yet another dimesion to our pretty stout offensive potential.

Quote:
Better than Manning, Favre, McNair, McNabb,
even in terms of ability i think mcnair and mcnabb have the edge on carr. you can argue about potential till the sun goes out but mcnair and mcnabb are already proven better qb's than what carr has shown. i really am not trying to bash anyone or take away from our hometown badass (carr), it just seems like the adrenaline is still flowing from our the haircut win (and borderline beatdown) against the raaaaiiderr's. looking forward, lets hope for the big upset against the vikes and carr continuing to reach his all pro potential
Old 10-04-2004   #26
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0ck
i think carson palmer and even the pocket friendly leftwich stand a pretty good chance at beating an aging sapp around a corner. that being said, david sure did look good gaining his 35 or so yds on the ground, and showed his growing poise by sliding in bounds to keep that clock running in the 4th. with his mobility and the attitude of getting what he can get every play, it seems we have yet another dimesion to our pretty stout offensive potential.
Sapp can move for a big man. Did you see last week against TB where he ran down their RB from behind and made the tackle?
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #27
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Sapp can move for a big man. Did you see last week against TB where he ran down their RB from behind and made the tackle?
Seems to me that the Men in Black had a hard time with Houston's heat & humidity. Both Sapp and Washington didn't have much going yesterday. And their team didn't look too comfortable in the sun on the sidelines either.

We should have had the roof open for the Chargers game.. big mistake! Use that roof as 13th man. Have it open next week ... The Purple People Eaters need to feel some Houston HEAT .. in more ways than one.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2004   #28
rhc564
Veteran

Default Stepping Stone

Certainly, this was one (if not the) of the best team victories by the
Texans! We all saw some positives on both sides of the ball and my hope
is that we build upon this--i.e., pressure on their quarterback, winning
the turnover battle, protecting our QB, utilizing all our weapons, minimizing
penalties, etc. No doubt, this week will be a huge challenge for this
coaching staff as we all hope we continue to move forward, leaving the
BS behind us-- great job, Texans!
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #29
MarleyFan
Veteran

Default Carr did you proud!

Good game Texans! I had a great time until the 4th quarter, oh well. That is the first chance I had to watch Carr. He looked good, better then I thought. I personally thought he would let you guys down. Good luck the rest of the way. As for the Raiders, I would like to see Tuiososopo in the game when Collins is not effective like yesterday's game!
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #30
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Thanks. Tell your D-line thanks for taking it easy on Carr.
Old 10-04-2004   #31
DavidCarr_Fan8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Those stats don't include todays game. He is over 1,000 yards passing for the year, on his way to 4,000!

Well those stats are already pretty good, soooo.....He is a lot better now! 1,000 passing yards, and it is week 4! David Carr is great, in a couple years we will be looking at 9-7, 10-6 record, this year 7-9 or 8-8! Go Texans!!!
DavidCarr_Fan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #32
DavidCarr_Fan8
Rookie

David is now in the top 5 in Passing Yards in the NFL!!! Woohooo!! If he keeps this up....David Carr=Pro Bowl
DavidCarr_Fan8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read