Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-14-2004   #1
FOOTBALL1999
Rookie

Exclamation super bowl

if you had to pick the 2 teams that would play in the jacksonville superbowl thats not the texans who do u pick and which teams do u have winning each division

im a big peter king fan so i go with his prediction seahawks =jags superbowl in jagsonville, but i would really like to see the eagles coming out of the nfc

for the divisions
afc east:new england

afc north:baltimore

afc south: jacksonville

afc west : oakland

nfc east:philly

north:minnesota
south:atlanta

west:seattle
FOOTBALL1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

if I had to say id guess the patriots just because they have a 1st class organization and the whole team is comming back and they had a really good draft plus they know how to win

Out of the nfc im kinda split between the seahawks and the redskins (joe gibbs factor) i think the window has closed on the eagles

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-14-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Vikes vs Pats.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

The vikings were my pick at the beginning of the season last year but there defense was really exposed

- Edmund Burke
Old 05-14-2004   #5
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Yep. That's why in the offseason they got Winfield and drafted Udeze and Thomas. They improved their secondary and strengthed their D-line. They also have E.J. Henderson playing MLB now, and he was a stud in college. They will be good this year.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

One thing is for sure the cowboys will definitly not make the playoffs again because every team in thier division has been upgraded and they will be in a qb controvesy by the middle of the season

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-14-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2004   #7
MarleyFan
Veteran

RAIDERS 63 49ers 0
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Colts vs. Eagles

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

The eagles arent going to make it they will be playing in one of the toughes divisions in the league next year

- Edmund Burke
Old 05-14-2004   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

there will be no 4th and 26 next year

- Edmund Burke
Old 05-15-2004   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

favre's finger heals and he quits throwing it backwards ...

packers & patriots
Old 05-15-2004   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you have to go with the Patriots until somebody beats them. They're solid on both sides of the ball and have excellent, skilled coaches.

I disagree about the Cowboys. I think the Parcells factor matters enough that they make the playoffs. I'm not so sure the Redskins will be so great, the Giants are rebuilding and look to have to have a rookie QB in there and the Eagles, while very good, seem to have problems getting to the SB.

Depends on team's injuries of course too. Everybody will be gunning for the Pats. Should be an interesting AFC this year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #13
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I will pick teams that are sleepers.
Baltimore vs. Atlanta

We'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-15-2004   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

i wanna see Baltimore vs. Atlanta too. the Ravens were the ones that injured Vick last season so i wanna see how he responds to their defense the second time around.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #15
AJDavis
Rookie

Default Sb

Packers and Eagles
AJDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I think you have to go with the Patriots until somebody beats them. They're solid on both sides of the ball and have excellent, skilled coaches.
If you think about it, the Patriots arent as dominant as everyone makes them out to be. Dont get me wrong they are a great team, but they never really blewout teams:

They beat the Titans in the regular season by 8, and by only 3 in the playoffs
They only beat the Colts by 10 in the playoffs and 4 in the regular season
They beat the Panthers by 3 and those 3 could have been avoided if Kasey kicks the ball inbounds
They beat the Jets by 7 and 5
Miami by 12 and 6(OT)
Beat us by 3 and were helped out by a holding penalty that never happened
Denver by 4
the Browns by 6
Skins by 3
Giants by 11

They are an excellent team, but I think people make too much out of them. They are beatable.

One storyline to follow for the Pats is Roosevelt Colvin (yeah, you forgot about him), they defense can be even better this year.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

That just proves that they know how to win the close games. Teams that win close games are very good teams look at the panthers how many OT games did they have last year. I dont think it was a coincidence that both these teams made it to the superbowl

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 05-15-2004 at 03:12 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read