Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Should we start Van Pelt?
yes 15 17.44%
no 71 82.56%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006   #1
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Default Start Van Pelt?

Who is with me?
Old 11-28-2006   #2
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default Re: Start Van Pelt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Texan View Post
Who is with me?
Old 11-28-2006   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

ditto P.Blue. This is the year to for Kubiak to critique all players under his scheme, including the over mentioned few.
Old 11-28-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything that gets us closer to Joe Thomas...I'm for. I vote yes. I.R. Mario while you are at it.
Old 11-28-2006   #5
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should start Carr since he usually does a great job with his opening drive and manages to stay in the game for at least a half. Then start Van Pelt after halftime. Since our coaches seem unable or unwilling to make halftime adjustments, this will take it out of their hands and confuse our opponent.

Old 11-28-2006   #6
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Who is with me?
"Start Van Pelt." Yeah, that's helpful. We need more insight like that.
Old 11-28-2006   #7
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
"Start Van Pelt." Yeah, that's helpful. We need more insight like that.
Someone said the same thing about ROMO
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2006   #8
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
The difference..Romo has been in dallas a while. Van Pelt hasnt even been around a week. I am curious to how good he is but tossing him into the pit will not help matters.
Old 11-28-2006   #9
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Who is with me?
Well you can count me out, I atleast want to have a shot to win. Why don't you contact McNair and see if he'll sign Joe Theismann he was pretty good 25 YEARS AGO!!! You should really really be careful what you wish for.

Old 11-28-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Rofl at your argument.
Old 11-28-2006   #11
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Well you can count me out, I atleast want to have a shot to win. Why don't you contact McNair and see if he'll sign Joe Theismann he was pretty good 25 YEARS AGO!!! You should really really be careful what you wish for.
I was thinking Warren Moon but Joe did win a SB!
Old 11-28-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Bucky Richardson's probably better than VP. Even to this day.
Old 11-28-2006   #13
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I'd say start Carr, and after his first screw up, pull him since he has a tendency to just get worse after he messes up...
Old 11-28-2006   #14
kingh99

Quote:
Who is with me?
Dick Van Patton if he's available.

Old 11-28-2006   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
The difference..Romo has been in dallas a while. Van Pelt hasnt even been around a week. I am curious to how good he is but tossing him into the pit will not help matters.
And hasn't taken a snap since 2005...

Given that, Cody "the Commander" Carlson should be available, but I also liked someone's suggestion of Bucky Richardson too.
Old 11-28-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Start Van Pelt?

yes: 7 21.88%
no: 25 78.13%

Good to know that most of the board hasn't fallen off the deep end.
Old 11-28-2006   #17
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yes: 7 21.88%
no: 25 78.13%

Good to know that most of the board hasn't fallen off the deep end.
I am so glad! It is beginning to get scary around here. Everyone needs to take a "chill pill" and settle. All things in good time.......
Old 11-28-2006   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*plants tongue firmly in cheek*

"But if we start Van Pelt, the good times will be sooner rather than later"

Old 11-28-2006   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I looked for the "not in this lifetime" option, but settled for no. Only the "I hate Carr" Cult members vote yes, Van Pelt is nothing more than an running QB (a very ballsy one at that too).
Old 11-28-2006   #20
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Maybe he can do something else then run, WIN!!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read