Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default I am tired.

I am not tired of losing games (even though I am really wanting us to be much much better).

I am not tired of waitng for Carr to show his stuff we got him for (that might change by the end of the year).

I am not tired of seeing Mario not getting sacks, or Kubs playcalling, or many other things..

What am I tired of?

Some of the houston fans. I know.. that is harsh, but you have people here that think the sky is falling.

You have people here that have attacked EVERY member of the team in some way. AJ is dropping balls, Carr isnt the future, Mario dont have many sacks, Kub is trying to lose games, Moulds is a has been, Babin aint worth the price, Seth Wand was the best person on the team and we released him, We dont have good secondary, we dont have good safetys, we dont have good.... oh it goes on and on.

Let me remind you of a few things, but it probably wont take. You seem to be hellbent to move toward the darkside, but here is goes.

Kub is a first year coach with a outstanding offense coordinator record. Yes, he will make some mistakes, but I pretty much bet he has a better eye for talent then anyone here. If plays work, he is seen as our savior, but there are quite a few here are quick to thier knee jerking if the play doesnt work. As improvement, Carr has never looked better (even he needs much more work), sacks are down almost by half, the oline is starting to open holes, Defense is working more together, etc. He already has more wins too. You cannot tell me you dont see improvement in these areas, but maybe not as much improvement as you would like.

Carr.... he has gotten better. You have to admit that. Better poise in the pocket, better reads, better placement of the ball. Yes, he should have been there 3 years ago, but now he is under someone who holds him accountable, not put on a pedistal. He finally has a mentor, not a suckup as I said in a previous post. No, he shouldnt be given a free ride, but do think he should be qb for the rest of the year to try to prove himself more.

I could go on for days with this post.

All I am saying here is that we are 'rebuilding' a bad team to a better team. It cant be done in one season. Give the team a chance to get better, locate thier flaws, and find solutions. The only way people can be judged is if you see them play. This is what Kubs is doing, let him do his job.

For those members who cannot face the truth that we are slowly getting better, Bad rep me away. I dont mind. All I ask is that you think about without emotion on where the team was, and where it is today, and compare the two. If you give it a just shake, I think you will see I am right.
Old 11-28-2006   #2
Snapple
Veteran

Default Re: I am tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
All I am saying here is that we are 'rebuilding' a bad team to a better team. It cant be done in one season.
More people should've realized this from the beginning of the season. We were 2-14 last year. There's no way we had a chance at the playoffs this year.

Not only do we have to turn around a bad situation, but we have a brand new offensive system, and a brand new defensive system. That takes time to adjust to as well. It's natural to expect growing pains.

Just as long as we have a better season than last year, it's a step in the right direction, and we are a better team than last year.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

100% Agreed. People need to chill out.

Here is a little positive rep to counter some of that negative rep you will undoubtedly get for saying something positive about David Carr and the Texans.
Old 11-28-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

players get hurt, balls get dropped and plays are busted. I just want to see good effort from the players. I am satisfied with kubes & management. I expect to see some players gone next year and hopefully another good draft. A solid player or two in free agency and we should do better on 07.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #5
profan
Veteran

I am tired of the complaints about kubiak. This board always over reacts after a loss. I did not expect the playoffs. The only complaint i had was we did not give sage a chance during the regular season to see what he could do. Carr had improved and i expect to see him remain our starter next year, but i would like to see what we have on the bench. Who knows if we have a future tony romo, or a cody carlson type back-up. Anyway, the victories will be that much sweeter for those of us who stay by the team when it's down.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

its just frustration, I've fallen victom to it.

Just seems like everytime this team is about to turn a corner and get a leg up something comes and chops the other one off. For once I would love to see the ball bounce our way and we can have success. We have alot of good players, who are good people, who tote the company line, who deserve it.

We need to get lucky in this draft and have another draft like the last one.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Beyond the losing, beyond the wasted money on mediocre players of Texans past, what bothers me the most is the losing attitude the team seems to take on the field. You can see it in their walk, in the way that they conduct themselves. When they get behind in a game, we don't see the fire and the anger of losing. We see guys suffering the loss and accepting it.

Beyond all these other discussions about players and coaches and schemes, the thing that matters the most is attitude. I had hoped that Kubiak would be able to change that from the sidelines, but right now the team is talking the talk of losers. I think this is what upsets a lot of fans more than anything else.
Old 11-28-2006   #8
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Start Van Pelt!!!!!! Lets see what he can do!!
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #9
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

When a steak house charges $24.95 for what it calls staek, and you get fried bologna, you're going to be a little irrate.

These guys need to remember that regardless of what the win/loss record says...regardless of whether anyone else produces...regardless whether you're held accountable or not...you produce what you're getting paid for...PERIOD.
Old 11-28-2006   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Beyond the losing, beyond the wasted money on mediocre players of Texans past, what bothers me the most is the losing attitude the team seems to take on the field. You can see it in their walk, in the way that they conduct themselves. When they get behind in a game, we don't see the fire and the anger of losing. We see guys suffering the loss and accepting it.

Beyond all these other discussions about players and coaches and schemes, the thing that matters the most is attitude. I had hoped that Kubiak would be able to change that from the sidelines, but right now the team is talking the talk of losers. I think this is what upsets a lot of fans more than anything else.
Then its time to get some of those guys out of here.

Theres to many indians with this team, no chiefs. We have some, but they're not yet in position to take on leadership roles......DeMeco is a rookie.

That should be the biggest focus in FA, get some damn leaders in here. Moulds and Weaver were good signings and a start.

Charlie really got us good. Its going to take Kubiak atleast two more drafts (thats being nice) to turn this pile around
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not tired of losing games (even though I am really wanting us to be much much better).
I am tired of losing games. period.

Quote:
All I am saying here is that we are 'rebuilding' a bad team to a better team. It cant be done in one season. Give the team a chance to get better, locate thier flaws, and find solutions.
They've had 5 years of building/rebuilding.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Best post of I've seen in awhile. Got some positive rep coming your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I am tired of losing games. period.

They've had 5 years of building/rebuilding.
Guess what? Rebuilding starts when you get a new coach; especially when your stock full of the talent we have/had on our roster.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 11-28-2006   #14
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Texan View Post
Start Van Pelt!!!!!! Lets see what he can do!!
Damn man can't you even give him a week to practice? And if I were you I would be careful what I ask for.
Old 11-28-2006   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Now that right there, that's the kind of post I'm talking about. I think you nailed it so well that this post should be bulletin board material in the Texans locker room. I'll spring for a trip to Kinkos so we can put a copy in each of their lockers.

Most of us were delirious when we found out that Houston was going to get a team and when we began that first season fans in Houston were so fired up we almost couldn't contain ourselves. I don't know about a lot of you but I didn't fall in love with the Texans on opening night against Dallas. I fell in love with the Texans when they went to Philadelphia that same year and put some genuine fear into the Eagles that day. I continued to gain affection for them as the year went by and as it dawned on me that these guys on our defense (and that's really all we had in 2002) didn't know they were on an expansion team and were not going to play like the defense of an expansion team. If our offense that year could have done anything at all I'm convinced that team could have won 7 or 8 games.

They won four of them (Dallas, Jacksonville, New York (Giants), and Pittsburgh. They came very close to winning the second Jacksonville game, Buffalo at Reliant, and the first game at Tennessee. We lost to the Eagles 35-17 but the score was more lopsided than the game. Philly just kept pulling away from us as our defense tired.

The thing is that team (or rather half-team since they had no offense) never quit and never seemed to accept losing. Since then I haven't seen a Texans team with that kind of fire take the field even once. Some of them are so experienced with losing that the expression looks natural on their faces. Some of them have become, sorry to say "losers".
Old 11-28-2006   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
Guess what? Rebuilding starts when you get a new coach; especially when your stock full of the talent we have/had on our roster.
Who is the new coach of the Titans? I have to take my hat off to him for rebuilding them so quickly.
Old 11-28-2006   #17
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know about a lot of you but I didn't fall in love with the Texans on opening night against Dallas. I fell in love with the Texans when they went to Philadelphia that same year and put some genuine fear into the Eagles that day.
I fell in love with the Texans when it was announced that we were awarded the franchise. It's been tough too...lol.
Old 11-28-2006   #18
ItsAJtime
Rookie

Amen to you who believe that the biggest concern is attitude. This team is breeding losers.

For those who think we don't have a right to complain, do you own PSL's. I paid too much money to get crap in return. If this were Wal-Mart, I would get a refund, but here we just get a letter stating that they are proud to announce that they will not raise ticket prices (last year). Big deal. Gimme wins, or buy back my PSL's. They told me how my PSL's would be worth possibly 3 times the amount in a few years, well it's been 5, and they are not worth face value to most people. I did not buy them for resale, but it has all been smoke and mirrors around here.
ItsAJtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Who is the new coach of the Titans? I have to take my hat off to him for rebuilding them so quickly.
Uhh Jeff Fisher? Even though the lost of bunch of players due to various reasons; their cupboard wasn't bare. They had a decent dline and LBs; decent RBs an oline better than ours (honestly who isn't?). I guess some team can reload, while we have no guns to reload. But getting much better may I add.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2006   #20
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
Uhh Jeff Fisher? Even though the lost of bunch of players due to various reasons; their cupboard wasn't bare. They had a decent dline and LBs; decent RBs an oline better than ours (honestly who isn't?). I guess some team can reload, while we have no guns to reload. But getting much better may I add.
Exactly!!! They don't have ALL new coaches, new schemes on both sides of the ball, and mostly new players, and I might be mistaken but I dont think they have 8 rookie starters.

New things take time. And as far as I am concerned, the first four years, unfortunate as it is, don't count. Only a few of those players are left, and none of the coaches. This is a totally different team in every way.

Take it for what it is. I want them to win as bad as anyone, but you have to be realistic.

Not to mention all of our injured players. Kubes has his hands full, and I think for the most part, he is doing a great job.

Oh, and I think their attitude HAS been good. I haven't been here to read all of what they have said since Sunday, but before that, it WAS good.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read