Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2006   #1
[[Gary Kubiak]]

Default A celebration of our 25 yards of rushing!!!!

25 f'n yards from our line and running backs! My friends....... this is indeed calls for a celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this was David Carr's fault for losing against the Jets. I shall throw the first stone and cast this loser from Houston.
Old 11-28-2006   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A celebration of our 25 yards of rushing!!!!

Didnt the Jets only have 27?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
25 f'n yards from our line and running backs! My friends....... this is indeed calls for a celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this was David Carr's fault for losing against the Jets. I shall throw the first stone and cast this loser from Houston.
10 of those 25 yards were from the QB position.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

We had a franchise-low with 25 rushing yds.

We also held the Jets to a franchise-best 27 rushing yds.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak did you acknowledge the Jets had only 27 yds rushing and start two rookie OL . They also have a QB with a shoulder repaired twice through surgery and maybe with the wind can throw it 45 yds .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 11-28-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still confused about this meltown. We go from a 188 yard rushing game to a 25 yard game against a defense ranked 29th against the run. I just don't get the inconsistency from this team.
Old 11-28-2006   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just be glad we're not heart surgeons .
Old 11-28-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm still confused about this meltown. We go from a 188 yard rushing game to a 25 yard game against a defense ranked 29th against the run. I just don't get the inconsistency from this team.
McKinney was asked about why they couldn't run on the radio and he said they didn't know, they would have to figure it out. Does that sound like last year?

A lack of belief in the system may be why players appear to quitting.
Old 11-28-2006   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
McKinney was asked about why they couldn't run on the radio and he said they didn't know, they would have to figure it out. Does that sound like last year?

Exactly. This year is ending just like last year. It took a little bit longer, but everyone has officially quit.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
:brickwall X 100

I was reading some of our threads from last year this time, and it appears that we are now suffering from the same problem that existed a year ago. I was told that it was a "cop out" to say that players quit on their coaches, but in the end I was proven right.

I saw it last year early in the season, and sad to say, I saw it last Sunday in New York. It is clearly evident in the way players conduct themselves, the way that they walk, the lack of motivation when 8+ minutes is still on the clock and they lack any fire. We don't have a player on the field that inspires the rest of the team to pull itself out of it's funk, and I'm afraid that this loser attitude will permeate our locker room and Kubiak's tenure.

People can say it's a lack of talent all they want, and this is partially true. But it doesn't change the attitude of the players, the never say quit and belief that they are going down fighting. Our team seems to get itself in a rut, then get depressed that they're in a rut, and they never seem to fight their way out of it. I had hoped that Kubiak could change this attitude, but maybe it just takes awhile for his vision and belief system to take over the team. I still hope that's the case...
Old 11-28-2006   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:

They have a pretty good gig ... they get paid well no matter what .
Old 11-28-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was reading some of our threads from last year this time, and it appears that we are now suffering from the same problem that existed a year ago. I was told that it was a "cop out" to say that players quit on their coaches, but in the end I was proven right.
My signature was Deja Vu four games into the season. I thought my current one was cooler.

Quote:
People can say it's a lack of talent all they want, and this is partially true. But it doesn't change the attitude of the players, the never say quit and belief that they are going down fighting. Our team seems to get itself in a rut, then get depressed that they're in a rut, and they never seem to fight their way out of it. I had hoped that Kubiak could change this attitude, but maybe it just takes awhile for his vision and belief system to take over the team. I still hope that's the case...
From everything I've heard, Kubiak is a positive force, a motivator, and a person players wanted to and do (did?) believe in. However, the coach also has to execute. What if the players don't see his actions follow his words, what if they think he makes some poor decisions and won't correct his own mistakes?

Fans have seen some evidence of this, and even though we are probably wrong in detail I'm sure players also have differing opinions on what is going on.

I posted earlier in the year that bringing in all these ex-Kubiak guys might have an effect in the locker room beyond it's intended positives. What if it has created some of an "us and them" mentality?

Players had their friends and teammates cut to make room on the roster for ex-Kubiak and ex-Sherman guys who don't even suit up, much less contribute to the team on the field. For instance, does anyone think that players might question what Ron Dayne brought to the table? How about carrying two fullbacks, one who doesn't suit up, and cutting the feel good story Joppru. Don't you think his teammates wanted to watch him fight through it all and succeed?

Food for thought.
Old 11-28-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

please don't read this wrong and has nothing really to do with our ceremonial output on fushing

besides I didn't want to start another thread and this one talks about rushing.

did it seem like our backs were dancing more this game? one could be the holes were plugged, but seemed indecisiveness back there
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My signature was Deja Vu four games into the season. I thought my current one was cooler.

From everything I've heard, Kubiak is a positive force, a motivator, and a person players wanted to and do (did?) believe in. However, the coach also has to execute. What if the players don't see his actions follow his words, what if they think he makes some poor decisions and won't correct his own mistakes?

Fans have seen some evidence of this, and even though we are probably wrong in detail I'm sure players also have differing opinions on what is going on.

I posted earlier in the year that bringing in all these ex-Kubiak guys might have an effect in the locker room beyond it's intended positives. What if it has created some of an "us and them" mentality?

Players had their friends and teammates cut to make room on the roster for ex-Kubiak and ex-Sherman guys who don't even suit up much less contribute to the team on the field. For instance, does anyone think that players might question what Ron Dayne brought to the table? How about carrying two fullbacks, one who doesn't suit up, and cutting the feel good story Joppru. Don't you think his teammates wanted to watch him fight through it all and succeed?

Food for thought.
you may be right, some players on here might feel like they are a "step child" ..part of a family but not blood related.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #15
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Didnt the Jets only have 27?
Perhaps there is a reason for that......

Why run when you can complete passes 20+ yards downfield.

We can't run. Other teams choose not to run because our pass defense is awful.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

To be fair, we didn't have a lot of run plays. If we'd had an average number of run plays, we would've had more yardage, but I'm not saying it would have been a good AYC. So, my point is that the 25 yds. rushing looks worse than it really is. Regardless, our running game is still terribly inconsistent and the reason is that it SUCKS. The good games we're having running the ball are LUCK. Sometimes, the D (especially if its a bad one, but not always) just doesn't see how to take advantage of what you're doing wrong. Many times, they do. We've got linemen blocking like they are running several different plays at the same time. It's beautifically stupid.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Two Words: Adrian Peterson
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Two Words: Adrian Peterson
Not gonna happen
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #19
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

So the jets won with out a running game who would of thunk it
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts View Post
So the jets won with out a running game who would of thunk it
You don't need a running game when your opponent doesn't have one either and the D is starting Faggins at corner and CC Brown at FS.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read