Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2006   #1
ItsAJtime
Rookie

Default I hate this, but when will we really ever have a chance.

As long as Manning is in Indy, we may not beat them.

Young will continue to improve, so when Manning is falling, Young should be in his prime.

We may not be division winners until another coaching staff, and get a completely different team.
ItsAJtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #2
profan
Veteran

Default Re: I hate this, but when will we really ever have a chance.

Young has one great game and everyone thinks we will never win. That's BS. It takes more than a great qb to win in this league. We will be okay. I guess everone expects us to win with our two O tackles out, center with broken ribs, defense hurting, etc . Give me a break. This team is much improved over last year and will continue to improve.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #3
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan View Post
Young has one great game and everyone thinks we will never win. That's BS. It takes more than a great qb to win in this league. We will be okay. I guess everone expects us to win with our two O tackles out, center with broken ribs, defense hurting, etc . Give me a break. This team is much improved over last year and will continue to improve.
you took the letter right off of my keyboard lol. good post.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #4
ItsAJtime
Rookie

I am a Texans "homer", but I don't like the pattern we are in. I have been a Carr fan since day one. I also fought for him this weekend, but I am worried that the whole team has the attitude of oh well we are down 14-0 and we can't come back. I think Favre would believe he can come back from 28-0. I don't think Carr believes that. I hope I am wrong.

We are definately out this season, and have to bring in too many new personell next season to be an early favorite. I worry that our good players now will leave or be fading by the time we get this system going.
Old 11-28-2006   #5
ItsAJtime
Rookie

I am not a Young fan because of one game. Young ahas a winning attitude though. Young will be a top ten QB in the near future.
Old 11-28-2006   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we should bring in Ken Dorsey. He was a winning pedigree too.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

All we have to do is keep building the defense, with a great defense it doesn't matter how good the other teams in your division are because you can stop them. With a great defense you can take your team on the road and win late in the season, in bad weather.

Defense is the key, I really don't care what another team in this division is fronting, it all starts here.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2006   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
...just the opp I think--most folks don't think we're going to win anytime soon and are not much improved over last year
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Tennessee fans think they can win out the rest of the season, which is much more difficult than the Texans. I think they are in the "play-off" mentality that Texans fans tend to get into after a win. Once they lose this week, though, they should be back to pondering if VY was a solid pick (YES!) and thinking they are losers, too.
Old 11-28-2006   #10
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Vince Young will be a stud in the NFL. Period.

I have no regrets with Mario, he looks like a beast out there. Fortunately, because if not....i would be demanding some choppings.
Old 11-28-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAJtime View Post
I am not a Young fan because of one game. Young ahas a winning attitude though. Young will be a top ten QB in the near future.
I think the Titans as a whole, even with a similar record as the Texans, have a winning attitude from the players through the coaches. They've been winners before and know they will be in the future. That gives them more confidence during the rebuilding process.
Old 11-28-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It is funny that the 3-4 gives Peyton fits, yet we went away from it. The only 4-3 defense I can think of that ever gives Indy problems is Jacksonville.

We just had our first solid draft in five tries. We truly need two more solid drafts to get this ship up from the bottom of the ocean.

We really need either a playmaking QB or RB on offense, right now we have neither. Also, we need to figure out how to stop teams from passing at will on us. We have made J.P. "NFL" (see Glanville's definition of "NFL") Losman, Mark "no longer starting" Brunell, and Chad "my arm hurts" Pennington look like Pro Bowlers this year. Heck we beat Buffalo handily if we have a half-decent CB instead of Faggins.
Old 11-28-2006   #13
SESupergenius

To me that one was just one heck of a fluky game that Young pulled them back from. A penalty on 4th down and ghost whistle, ok.

Let me see what he can do back to back. Titan lovers.
Old 11-28-2006   #14
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince Young didn't do anything.. When he can pull off what Peyton Manning did against them buccs in '03 then we can start to think he may be a good one. until then he is just a Vick wanna be.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
To me that one was just one heck of a fluky game that Young pulled them back from. A penalty on 4th down and ghost whistle, ok.

Let me see what he can do back to back. Titan lovers.
What about the I don't want a roughing the QB play on 4th and 10. That would have sealed the win for the Giants. But with all the BS roughing calls he let up on VY and he took off for a first down. That win should have never happened.
Old 11-28-2006   #16
BuffaloBills06
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
It is funny that the 3-4 gives Peyton fits, yet we went away from it. The only 4-3 defense I can think of that ever gives Indy problems is Jacksonville.

We just had our first solid draft in five tries. We truly need two more solid drafts to get this ship up from the bottom of the ocean.

We really need either a playmaking QB or RB on offense, right now we have neither. Also, we need to figure out how to stop teams from passing at will on us. We have made J.P. "NFL" (see Glanville's definition of "NFL") Losman, Mark "no longer starting" Brunell, and Chad "my arm hurts" Pennington look like Pro Bowlers this year. Heck we beat Buffalo handily if we have a half-decent CB instead of Faggins.
Wow JP has 2 back 2 back game winning drives and his 1st career win was against the Texans and you still cant give him his props
Old 11-28-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It takes more than a great qb to win in this league.
OK. Peyton Manning has been in the league now since '98 and you are still saying things like this?
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read