Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-28-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Your Ideal Draft Scenario

I'd like you to forget names for a moment, just think positions. Do not plan this draft scenario around particular players, just specific positions.

First Round: Free-safety. One that is smart, instinctive, and a playmaker.

Second Round: Left Tackle. Athletic...good at both run blocking and pass blocking. A leader, please.

Third Round: Outside Linebacker. A playmaker...one to make the big turnover plays. A OLB with good hands and good speed.

Fourth Round: Offensive Guard. Again, athletic, run blocker.

Fifth Round: Cornerback. For depth and special teams.

Sixth Round: Reciever. For depth and special teams.

Seventh Round: Defensive Tackle. For depth.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your Ideal Draft Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'd like you to forget names for a moment, just think positions. Do not plan this draft scenario around particular players, just specific positions.

First Round: Free-safety. One that is smart, instinctive, and a playmaker.

Second Round: Left Tackle. Athletic...good at both run blocking and pass blocking. A leader, please.

Third Round: Outside Linebacker. A playmaker...one to make the big turnover plays. A OLB with good hands and good speed.

Fourth Round: Offensive Guard. Again, athletic, run blocker.

Fifth Round: Cornerback. For depth and special teams.

Sixth Round: Reciever. For depth and special teams.

Seventh Round: Defensive Tackle. For depth.

1st rd. franchise LT or speed rushing DE

2nd rd. CB who slips thru the cracks because of playing @ a small school (unknown) or recovering from injury that is expected to have a full recovery.

3rd rd. FS/OLB underclassman who has 1st rd. talent but is considered a project.

4th rd. A Center that could start immediately.

5th rd. DT w/upside, would also adds depth along with talent.

6th rd. undersized cover CB who has excellent quickness.

7th rd. QB who can be the next Tony Romo.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

1st Round- FS, A ballhawking hard hitter...I know we arent mentioning names, but the man might hypothetically play for LSU.

*In my scenario, we pick up a cornerback in free agency...the secondary is a sieve*

2nd Round- A running Back...I just don't think Wali Lundy is it.

3rd Round- A Linebacker to go with Demeco.....building a young front 7 core is vital

4th round- We use our first day 2 pick on a quarterback, somebody that we can build our franchise around

5th round- A young cornerback, maybe push faggins for the nickel role

6th round- A defensive tackle, to give our line depth

7th round- A kicker.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

1st Round-CB--I want a veteran, free-agent, free safety to go with him.

2nd Round-OLB

3rd Round-LT

4th round-RG

5th round-DT

6th round-I'll go with the receiver/special teams player here.

7th round-A kicker.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #5
real

Im going to assume we end up with a top three pick, and trade down for another 1st and an extra 3rd....

1st-OLB....(Posluszny)--I think Him, Meco,and Mario would form a great front trio
2nd-FS--If Reggie Nelson falls to the second he could be a steal as good as Demeco was
3rd-RB--There will be a host of good backs available
3rd-CB--Hopefully we get a corner in free-agency, and this guy can come in and provide quality depth
4th-OL--Good Depth
5th--DT--Good depth
6th--OL??
7th--OLB??
Old 11-28-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Im going to assume we end up with a top three pick, and trade down for another 1st and an extra 3rd....
and why would you assume that?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
and why would you assume that?
Because I can....
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

As bad as we looked in that 3rd quarter, I see us winning at least two more games, so Im looking around the 8-12 range. I think we need to sign either a FS or CB in FA and draft the other in the first round. Then in the second, depending on who is left, either a linebacker or offensive lineman. From that point we can just look for depth for the O-line, D-line, linebackers and running backs. A lot depends on the development of Winston and recovery of Spencer. Should they both reach their potential as tackles, our offense could be significantly better and out offseason significantly easier.
Old 11-28-2006   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Either Oline or Cb
2. Whatever we did not get in round one
3. Leonard if he is there, if not FS
4. OLB
5. DT
6. QB-project who has the athletism, just lacks experience and a big name
7. Kicker or some other special team help
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

1st-OLB....(Posluszny)--I think Him, Meco,and Mario would form a great front trio
2nd-FS--If Reggie Nelson falls to the second he could be a steal as good as Demeco was
3rd-RB--There will be a host of good backs available
3rd-CB--Hopefully we get a corner in free-agency, and this guy can come in and provide quality depth
4th-OL--Good Depth
5th--DT--Good depth
6th--OL??
7th--OLB??
Going with tru's senerio (cause I like it) [we also sign a one of the two big FA corners].

1st- FS
2nd- OLB (Rufus, Rufus, Rufus)
3rd- RB
3rd- Center
4th- Guard
5th- Tackle
6th- DT or Smaller Speed DE
7th- CB or Kicker
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #11
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

1Rd.. DE or OLB
2nd ..QB only if KOLB is still there, if not FS
3rd. FS or OLB
4th..OLine best player out there
5th.. OLB or RB
6th..Corner
7th..Kicker or Punter
Old 11-28-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
1Rd.. DE or OLB
2nd ..QB only if KOLB is still there, if not FS
3rd. FS or OLB
4th..OLine best player out there
5th.. OLB or RB
6th..Corner
7th..Kicker or Punter
I dont think the Texans need to draft a QB but if they decide that they do then Kolb is the guy that I want.

And I think we can get him in the 3rd.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I dont think the Texans need to draft a QB but if they decide that they do then Kolb is the guy that I want.

And I think we can get him in the 3rd.
From what I see he will go in the second round at the latest, unless he preforms horribly in the combine. If we wanted a QB, Kolb would be a good option.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read